A very contemporary / modern design hotel. Design and architecture may not appeal to all tastes but I quite liked it. It looks exactly like the website, so there should be no shocks.
We had a Regency Club rom in block F 2nd floor with a great scenic view of the beach / bay also very convenient for access to the resort restaurant / pools and the Regency club.
Club guest room facilities are excellent, lovely bathroom and fabulous balcony. The resort is very quiet at night.
Service levels at the hotel were very good, all the Vietnamese staff we encountered were extremely polite, attentive, smiley and well trained. We were particularly impressed with a waiter called Vin in in the Pool house restaurant who patiently explained the menu to us and assisted in our food choice, his pride in both the hotel and his own Vietnamese culture were heart-warming.
You have to be patient when communicating with some of the staff as their English pronunciation can be difficult to understand (but they try very hard) and returning their smile gives them extra confidence they need to negotiate the language barrier - if you have a problem with this you can always ask in Vietnamese if your own pronunciation is is up to it.
Staff in the Regency Club lounge were excellent, efficient and very polite. The club lounge design with it's own pool is very modern but very nice. Continental breakfast is adequate (not a great choice) and evening snacks and drinks are good. Although most guests now treat these lounges as all-you-can-eat-buffets, so standards have deteriorated because of the guests attitudes.
Staff deserve a medal for their patience and understanding in dealing with the arrogance and bad manners of some guests and their unruly children.
Unfortunately, the club lounge is not a haven of peace when there is free food on offer it is over-run with badly behaved children and even more badly behaved parents. The staff try hard to maintain order but they are in a difficult situation. However, in August everywhere in Asia is now unfortunately over-run with kids, experienced similar problems in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
The only real problem encountered at this hotel were the other guests. When you have a mix of a 5* hotel and mostly 2* guests, whose manners, hygiene and general behaviour are not up to standard you have a problem, but this is not the fault of the hotel. Welcome to the new world order.
Package holiday tourists and cheap bucket seat flights from PRC, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore are turning Danang into the Benidorm of Asia. The shuttle bus to Hoi An is a bun-fight - better to take a taxi. Hoi An is good to see and even better to leave - it is hot, dirty, smelly, very touristy and full of annoying boat tour touts.
A Modern, sophisticated resort, architecturally stunning balconies draped with guests washing - Hmmm I suppose at least we should be grateful there were no national flags hung over these balconies - yet....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised on a tranquil stretch of white sand beach between the Marble Mountains and the beachscape of the renowned Nuoc Non, is Hyatt’s newest property in Vietnam, Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa. Our resort has ushered in a new era for contemporary design with elegant Asian touches. The resort feels secluded, yet is just 15 minutes from Danang International Airport and only moments away from the UNESCO World Heritage Town of Hoi An and two international championship golf courses. Its favourable location and accessibility provides the ideal environment for both a relaxing holiday and group events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Danang Hotel Da Nang
- Hyatt Regency Danang Resort And Spa