“Great country. Good resort. Recommended”

Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 262 Hotels in Da Nang
London, United Kingdom
“Great country. Good resort. Recommended”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Excellent stay that delivered all I required to recharge my batteries for four days. Great rooms and facilities. Restaurants have extensive, inexpensive menus with first rate service. Highly recommend the spa and gym facilities.
Ocean is crystal clear and free of jelly critters. Pool is beautifully appointed and very clean. The beach is among the best I've experienced.

Room Tip: Go Club. Free breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ritzy12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have just finished my stay at the Hyatt Regency Danang for 8 days from 7 July 2013 to 14 July 2013. My trip was for holiday with my family, my wife and 5 years old daughter. As the weather is very hot, we mainly spent our time enjoying the facilities of the hotel and go out to the old city Hoi An three times for dining and spa only (walk around was quite a hard job for the hot weather with our kid). To make it short and clear, I have summarized my comments for our trip on the hotel and others in point form as below for sharing:

Hotel first:
a. Regency club is not worth to upgrade unless you like to drink beers and other alcoholic stuffs during the pre-dinner session where in the club you are free to drink a variety of alcoholic drinks. Except this you will find the breakfast there is really bad with limited choice especially for kids, limited hot stuff as compared with the buffet breakfast at Greenhouse, the hotel's restaurant. So at last we asked for a downgrade to have breakfast at Greenhouse and waived the benefit of club.

b. the size of the room is a little bit small and there is no working desks.

c. The curtain can never cover well and the sunshine will wake you up as earlier as 6am in the morning though its good for someone but no good for us.

d. The bathroom include the bath tub and shower with very big problem that the drainage is very slow and the material selected for the floor will make it very slippery so be watch out for this especially with young kids and elderly.

d. There are three restaurants there with two of them virtually served similar foods and with limited choices of local foods, however, with reasonable price. The third one Beachhouse only open for dinner and its a little bit pricey and the choice also limited so for my case stayed there for long time you will find its boring.

e. the pools there is huge, very good for kids and adult, also the beach is very clean with soft sands and clear sea water.

f. Something I really wish to complain is about the kid club called Camp Hyatt where you will feel ridiculous that you will be charged if you put your kids there on time basis. 310,000 dong for 3 hours plus 15percent tax, this is the first time, smile sadly.

g. The staff working in the pool and beach areas are not friendly at all. You may expect they will pass to you towels and waters when you arrive there, indeed, they just stand there and look at you. I have tried several time with eye contacts with them to make sure that they know you have come to the pool side, however, they will do nothing.

h. In general, the English standard of staff is no good.

Other points for our trip
a. Better to take USD there for money exchange, all the banks there not change for HKD or some exchange shop offered to change 1 HKD to 2,100dong while the official rate is 2,700dong, feel like being cheated. The best rate we got is at hotel, the first time.

b. the taxi fare there is very expensive as compared with that in Ho Chi Minh City. Though the same taxi Company like Vanasun, I find the taxi fee there is about 3 to 5 times that of HCMC, don't know why. So if you wish to travel to Hoi An, try to utilize the shuttle bus of Hotel. Tried one time it's 300,000 dong for us return to hotel from Hoi An.

c. No much good place for SPA there as compared withHCMC.

d. Tried Ancient Faifo and Morning Glory in Hoi An and found the foods there is not authentic and have been modified to suit the taste of people from western.

Anyway, this is the first time we go to Danang and found the beach there is wonderful, will go there again but will try other hotels.

Room Tip: Club room is not recommended unless you like alcoholic drinks, it's not worth for the extra!
1 Thank Chinamanfung
Pitlochry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Everything from the friendly and helpful staff to the gorgeous rooms, great facilities and amazing food was spot on. Expensive for Vietnam, but you certainly get what you paid for. Highly recommended if you're not on a tight budget.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JamieR0bb
Ulsan, Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As we arrived at the hotel, it oozes the oomph factor. When the smiling, ever helpful staff welcome you, you think- this is nice. When you get delivered to your room in a golf buggy, and see the modern class it possesses, you smile and carry on smiling until you have to leave.
We had a 2 bed roomed apartment on the 7 th floor, overlooking the beach, a pool, and the tennis and volley ball courts. So with our 3 teenagers, we had a natural control of where they were most of the time.
The restaurants offer reasonable food, but with a 25 minute taxi drive into Hoi An for about $16, some of the restaurants and shops on offer, for very reasonable prices Is hard to resist. So in our opinion, you can get the best of both worlds, by booking at the Hyatt.
Beach, sun, sand, pools and great hotel service. And a short distance away, shopping, restaurants, romantic streets and beautiful Vietnamese people.
We want to go back, before we even left!

Room Tip: B block overlooks a very quite pool, tennis and volley ball, at the same time offering beach and sun...
1 Thank DavidSaun
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed in a ocean view room. Everything is perfect as the size is big, the bathroom is transparent and I can look outside when having bubble bath, the bed is comfy...nothing to complain about except the air-con will not work if you don't close the balcony door properly. I had lunch in the restaurant near the pool which was so so, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant. The pool looks nice but not really for swimming as the pool is zigzag. The highlight of my stay was the beach with smooth white sand and clear sea water. I would recommend this resorts to my friends.

Beijing
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed 5 days in the 2-bedroom residence with our teenaged kids and this resort is quieter than many Hyatt properties we have visited. There are several pools and the kids area with a sand area by the pool is separate from other sections. The staff are very pleasant and eager to please, though there are a few that seem rather new on the job. The breakfast is well done but the selection for lunch and dinner is somewhat limited - the food is quite similar at the 2-3 restaurants open at night. If you don't eat at Hyatt, you need to cab into Hoi An and back as Da Nang is pretty hopeless for food.
The pool attendants need to look out for bad behaviors and stop guests as such - nearly freaked out when a man coughed and spat into the pool, just 3 feet away from the attendant who either did not notice or did not want to do anything about it.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I guess it was always going to be hard for me not to give a good review after they upgraded me and my family to a 3BR beach front villa with private lap pool from the 3BR apartment I had booked! However I have to say that it was difficult to find any major fault during our 1 week stay.
Check in was smooth and as mentioned we got a free upgrade and early check in.
The villa was just stunning, right on the beach, well appointed and extremely roomy, given there were 3 adults and 3 children in our party. I understand that the resort is two years old and as such I think they will need to keep on top of maintenance as there were signs of wear and tear and also several equipment failures ( A/C and hot water - both promptly fixed).
The swimming at this resort was the highlight, great pools and near deserted clean and calm beach, perfect for young kids.
The food was great, with the highlight bring the beach house traditional Vietnamese set menu. I have eaten a lot of Vietnamese food and have not found anything comparable. Simply amazing. You do pay a premium for food at the resort but it is no more than what I normally pay in Australia outside a resort. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. I really enjoyed the variety and although having a roast pork with crackling is a little weird at breakfast, I loved it. Special mention for the pastries and pan cake / waffle / French toast station - delicious! Room service was of a high standard and very tasty. Pasta in the green room was made fresh and was delicious. The only negative on the food front was the seafood buffet in the pool house. It was average tasting and quite expensive.
My two kids attended kids club which was well run by a group of lovely women.
All up a great stay and I can confidently say we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013