“Very Peaceful and Nice hotel”

Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 291 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've stayed there from 30 Jan-2Feb. The hotel was very nice with friendly staffs. Can find Wifi internet for the all area. Room Service was great. Easily take a taxi to the city. I plan to go there again with my family soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I loved the Hyatt so much while I was there. Good food, great rooms. There were a few issues we had with rooms keys, and while everyone is very very polite and opens all the doors for you, it comes across a little too much! There are so many hotels along this beach but Hyatt seems to be the newest one. We didn't get to go into the regency club, but the other pools are more than sufficient. Things are expensive though, but I guess its 'resort rates'.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

booked and stayed for 2 days during Jan28th-30th during the raining season but it was sunny max 28d-30egrees, the resort was pretty empty so we had the pool to ourselves, we booked the club Ocean View King that incls drinks all day/night, breakfast+evening complimentary food, good quality, room service was lovely they had the best cheesecake!
shuttle bus to hoi and and da nang city was good, we also took a taxi from hoi an to resort that cost only 200vnd and resort to the city cost around 100vnd, we ate at pool house in the morning, lunch and dinner the service was good, everynight they had a filipino band that sings they are amazing! i would definitely come back to Hyatt Danang!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ttxox
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is my second time visiting Da Nang city. While the city hasn't changed much, the beach side certainly has. What to say about he resort; it s massive. Be prepared to do lots of walking around or if you are that lazy, call,for the carts to come and pick you up. I spoiled my young family and got ourselves the Hyatt suite. Very spacious, bright, clean and a wonderful view of the ocean and beach. In hind site, if you have small children, better to opt for the residential suite as it has a full kitchen. In terms of foods for kids, there isn't much option, especially if your kids aren't accustomed to western kiddie menu food. Food in general is okay. Nothing spectacular, but I must say we did have some nice snacks at the club house. The Beach House restaurant was very nice, but have to say the food was massively disappointing. If you want fresh seafood with a reasonable price, go to My Khe beach. We had our fill of crab, shrimps and other shell fish for a fraction of what it costs here.

The big plus here is the swimming pool; great for little ones as they have really shallow areas that they can play in. The swimming pool in the club area is beautiful but not kid friendly at all.

Getting rooms with club privilege is good for a few things; peace and quite in the club lounge/eating area. Fruits/bev all day with a large patio area for your relaxation. This and the pre dinner snacks/canapes that they serve. Very good although after 5 days, you get tired of the same things.

Overall, a very nice experience with a little room for improvement.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The missus and I were on our second trip to Da Nang after 18 months. The last time, we stayed at Fusion Maia up the road and were thoroughly blown away with the little hotel as well as the setting, the beach and the town visit to nearby Hoi An.

Because of this, we broke our rule and decided to return to a beach destination a second time. Obviously, also because of this, expectations were quite high. We chose the Hyatt because it was slightly cheaper than Fusion Maia and it was newer. The many positive reviews on TA did not make the decision hard either.

The hotel, in general is in a nice location, somewhere halfway between Da Nang city and Hoi An. It is also very close to the two golf courses. Hyatt would be a good choice for those who want other activities besides laying on the beach / by the pool all day.

We opted for a Regency Club Room which had a superb view of the ocean; one of the plusses over the villas at Fusion Maia. The layout provides a lovely view of the ocean when taking a bath or a shower, although, one can easily be seen doing so as there are people on the hotel grounds throughout most of the day.

Around the hotel, the three restaurants, one lounge and one sandwich / bakery provides good affordable choices during meal times. We paid approximately 30 Singapore Dollars per meal which is quite fair.

The Regency Club, which was highly recommended by some on TA (We thank the kind reviewers for that) was a real deal. All day gourmet coffee, softdrinks, fruits and snacks, as well as exclusive use of the Club pool were nice touches that made our stay very pleasant. It also helped we got probably the best located room. Situated near the Club, the main lobby and at least two restaurants.

The staff are extremely well trained, the wife noticed that the staff at the Green House served from the right everytime, a sign of well trained service staff. Warm smiles and courteous greetings are common and very welcoming.

Room service is excellent, table linen and proper table setting included. The hotel has a total of four, yes FOUR, pools where one could swim and relax. The main one being the beach pool. Although, because we came in January, the pool water is quite chilly and hard to bear. We reckon the water temperature hovers around 19 deg throughout the day.

And this brings me to the bad points. First, the weather, I suppose the hotel is not at all at fault for the poor weather. We had 5 out of the days we spent at the resort largely overcast and because of this, fairly cold. The cold makes one certain that there are better beach destinations further south during this time of the year. I would strongly discourage anyone coming for a tan or a lazy day by the pool to visit during this time of the year.

And because there are plenty of golfers and executive groups a the hotel during this period, the hotel rates remain quite high and there is no real low season.

The vast surrounding also makes one wonder whether it would be ideal during the high season. The Hotel is quite large and we figured it may get quite crowded during the high season.

The design of the pool is a bit odd as well. It is sort of a sucken pool with quite a thick ledge. This makes climbing in and out a bit harder, compared to the modern infinity style pools, one of which is found at Fusion Maia. I suspect this also makes the pool harder to warm up during the day.

The excellent view in the bath/shower area of the room, is created with the tradeoff of having the WC located in the inner part of the room. Because there is no forced ventilation, the odours from the WC would need to naturally ventilate out through the entire length of the bathroom, and sometimes even through the room. Not a well thought out idea in my book. Also, the blinds in the bath room is hard to operated and had one pulling frustratingly at them everytime we needed to open or close them.

Housekeeping was a bit inconsistent as well. We had one teapot and a used coffee paper cup not cleared for two days and although fruits were replenished on alternate days, a clean knife was not provided.

These were all minor flaws which many people may not notice, and it is okay to categorise them as design / teething problems, however, there was one major incident that spoilt the last day of our stay here in Hyatt.

There are a few shuttle services that operate to and from the resort and the towns of Hoi An and Da Nang. The 1840hrs one to Da Nang it seemed to us was not very popular. We were the only ones who took it one day during our stay and had to wait from 1830 to 1900 for the shuttle, noticing that the concierge only radios for a shuttle when required.

Two days later, on our final evening, we decided to try the shuttle to town again. After rushing through canapés, we arrived at the porch on the dot at 1840hrs. When asked, the personnel at the concierge was about to radio for the shuttle when he saw his watch and said it was already 1845hrs and the shuttle had left. I showed him my watch and mobile phone which was showing 1840hrs exactly and he then said the shuttle only left a minute ago. My wife had walk by the porch several minutes earlier and confirmed that there was no shuttle there. This made us feel like we were not being told the truth and upon investigation found out the on-call nature of the shuttle. The Club regency staff did apologise during our check out, but this made us feel like we were treated fairly badly and not told the truth the evening before.

In all, I would recommend the hotel, the beach here is great. Although, I would try other resorts in future (there are many upcoming ones). The Hyatt is fairly good, but perhaps because of high expectiations, it only just meets them. I hope I don’t sound too negative in this review.. at the end of the day, this place still deserves a 4 out of 5 rating.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are highly recommended and worth the extra
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have visited Da Nang 20 times in the last ten years, generally staying from three to seven days each time. My favorite hotel at the moment is the Hyatt Regency on China Beach. It is a beautiful hotel, but so are several of the others. Two things stand out about the Hyatt. First, it has the best fitness center I have been to in Vietnam--drmatically better than the Furama (as of one year ago) and substantially better than the Life Resort (as of two years ato). Second, the Regency Club at the hotel is wonderful and it is worth paying for a Club Room to use it; the staff takes care of everything with finesse, and the food/wine precludes needing to go to a restaurant for breakfast or dinner.. I have used the Club at a dozen or so Hyatts around the world in the last year. Some are so-so; this one is top-notch.

The only irritating defect was the hot water (or lack thereof) in my room. It took at least five minutes for the water to warm up in my shower and sink. I alerted the situation to the hotel--and I think they tried their best to fix it--but the flaw seems to be structural rather than just a matter of maintenance. I would still select the hotel on my next visit to Da Nang--but I will be sure to turn on the water several minutes, or more, before I step into the shower.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My stay at the Hyatt in Danang was Drama filled. I was attacked by some sort of bugs on the deck of my veranda, lots and lots of bug bites on just my feet. They moved me to a suite, and give me lounge access, and no charge for 2 of my 3 nights. Then @ 2AM, found a huge blood spot on the bedding. Totally nasty! Moved to another suite and got to bed around 3 and didn’t sleep much that night. Met with Hotel manager and FD manager, I was going to let them off easy. Just ask for my stay free, and points for a one night stay at another Hyatt. But, both were total jerks, giving me a huge guilt trip, telling me that it would make the hotel employees suffer if I didn’t pay at least one night. The other, basically accused me of being greedy. WTH, they should have been bending over backwards offering apologies. So they "relented" and comp my stay, points for one night stay at any Hyatt (should be 22k, but somehow I only got 18k), with very late checkout, and airport transfer (10 min away). I really didn’t like them making me feel like the bad guy. I work 2 jobs and want a totally relaxing stay, so I was very annoyed. Don’t even ask me about the sour milk that I ate at my first morning at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo