Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa
$684
$750
TripAdvisor
2,272 results
All reviewsbeach housebedroom residencegreen houseitalian buffetrock climbing wallwalk in closetkids clubbaguetteclub roomclub accessbeautiful beachocean viewfitness centertennis courtsmain poolmarble mountainf b
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We spent four nights here with our two children, aged 4 and 7. We loved every minute of our stay. We had a two bedroom residence, which was just beautiful and spacious. The grounds are immaculately kept and the hotel staff were always friendly. Some reviews have mentioned the poor English of the staff. We found the staff all tried really hard with their English and for us, it added to our experience. The staff in the restaurants were very attentive and helpful. Food at the the restaurants is quite expensive compared to the restaurants in Hoi An. We went into Hoi An most times to eat. The hotel runs a shuttle in a couple of times a day. Unfortunately, the last one in is 2 pm so if you want to go for dinner, you need to catch a taxi. It would be great if they did an evening trip in but I guess they are trying to encourage people to eat at the hotel. Massages were great also. We were often the only ones at the beautiful pools which was very relaxing!! We would definitely recommend the Hyatt and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ham75
Reviewed June 30, 2012

A large hotel but not a large block, as the property os made out of several buildings.
Very nice beach. Excellent food.
The service is a work in progress.
The bonus is Hoi an, located about 20 kms from the hotel.

Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mati I
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Where to start? The staff are extremely well trained and always happy to go the extra mile and with a genuine smile.

At the Vie spa Tram gave me the best massage I've ever had in Asia - and being a qualified clinical
Masseuse myself I am a tad hard impress!

The food at the Beach House was exceptional and they completely accommodated my food allergies.

The baguettes Lam the pastry chef makes are to die for!! My husband said the best bread he's ever tasted. I agree.

The gym is well equipped. The pools are stunning, and the long white sandy beaches at our doorstep - Devine!
Views of the stunning islands, Marble
Mountain and landscaped gardens are all breathtaking.

What makes this an outstanding hotel is the friendly staff whose eagerness to please is completely genuine.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Mirandouli
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Compare to my country, Singapore, the hotel rate is not high but it provides better service than most in SE Asia countries Almost all the customer facing staff can understand and speak good English, and the response to our call to remedy any issue is fast, within 5 mins. When we arrived at 2pm, the rooms were not ready, instead of letting us waiting in the warm lobby, the Assistant Manager offer us a free drinks in one of the restaurants, this is what we called hospitality ! Our rooms in at Area F and at 2nd floor, we can see the pool and also the beach. The only drawback is the location, which took us 15 mins to reach the town area. However, if you just want to enjoy the resort for your stays, it will not be a problem. I will certainly come back again when I visiting Da Nang next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fewGoodman
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Attending a business meeting in a beach resort already puts you in a "bad mood" mindset, because you'd rather enjoy the sun and sea instead of sitting in a meeting room all day. That said, the stay would have been better, if the food had been up to 5-star standards (but it was not.. quite to the contrary, it was really bad), the electronic equipment in the meeting room had functioned properly (frequent drop-outs of microphones, flickering picture of the projector) and if I had had mobile phone reception in my room. I always had to walk outside to send messages or make phone calls.
The hotel itself is ok - functional, but not cozy. Not exactly nice to look at from the beach.. I've seen many beach resorts that make a better match with their surroundings. The rooms are fine.. but be careful, if you have a ground floor room and you wander into the bathroom wearing just underwear or even less... there is a panorama window (mine was directly facing the pool), and the housekeeping pull up the blinds every morning. Oh, and my room had a connecting door to the next room, and I could hear quite a bit of what was going on there.. especially the phone ringing there was like an alarm going off next to my bed.
Outside the hotel there is nothing.. just a few other big hotels in walking distance, but no coffee shops or any similar activity by the road outside, as you find it in other beach destinations. So unless you are ok to get stuck in the resort for your whole stay, you may look at other destinations than this stretch of beach in Danang.
Overall experience could have been worse, but for room rates of around USD 200++ there are probably better choices.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the right of the hotel (seen from the road).. they are away from the main pool and have a nicer view of the sea. I think no big difference between ground floor or the upper levels.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business