Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa
$120
$95
Travelocity
2,238 results
All reviewsbeach housebedroom residencegreen houseitalian buffetrock climbing wallwalk in closetkids clubbaguetteclub roomclub accessbeautiful beachocean viewfitness centertennis courtsmain poolmarble mountainf b
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I had personal business to attend to in Da Nang, and I was on a business trip to Bangkok, so I decided to take a side trip and stay at the recently-opened Hyatt. It had been a while since I was on a tropical beach, and I was disappointed to find that, instead of warm sunshine, gloomy skies and a cold drizzle waited for me when I arrived in Da Nang. The fact that I was alone on this trip without my family made me eager to get it over with so that I could go home. As the taxi pulled into the spectacular entrance to the Hyatt Regency, however, I began to forget about the weather and my spirits lifted a little.

The reception staff was professional and efficient. They drove me to my room and quietly left me to settle in. I found a large bowl of fruits welcoming me, along with lacquered boxes filled with Vietnamese sweets.

The room was tastefully decorated with pale wood accents. I appreciated nods to local handcraft such as ceramic light fixtures. But my favorite thing was the Francis Francis espresso maker and Illy coffee pods in the fully equipped kitchen. The modern bathroom was all glass and stainless steel, but did not feel cold thanks to the muted lighting and soft towels. There were two tvs, one of which had an iPod dock so I could watch the videos I had on my phone and listen to my music. The bed was huge and comfortable with 4 fluffy down pillows. I was really starting to enjoy my stay and slept like a baby.

The next morning I took in the beautiful property. The resort was all straight lines and muted earth tones, so as not to detract from the beauty of the beach. There seemed to be swimming pools everywhere, just in case the private beach was too violent, like it was this weekend. Of course, no one was swimming due to the cold.

My real surprise was at the breakfast buffet. I am a huge fan of croissants, and I have never been able to find a croissant in Vietnam to rival even mediocre ones in Paris. The Hyatt has changed this culinary deficiency once and for all. The buffet spread, both international and local, was varied and high in quality. The coffee, of course, was delicious.

I visited the spotless and fully-equipped gym. I took advantage of the steam and dry saunas. I sat on tidy cushions and stared out at the lapping waves.

For dinner, I went to the beach club. I ordered Da Nang pancakes, even though I am usually wary of "local" food prepared in international resorts. Surprisingly, it was excellent. The highlight of my meal was clams boiled in a lemongrass broth. The clams popped in my mouth, releasing fresh, briny flavors. The light, spicy broth cleared my palate between tasty clam morsels.

The bad weather hung over Da Nang the entire weekend, but with the great ambiance, attentive staff and great food of the hotel, I almost didn't care. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank itstuan
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed for 7 days, 6 nights in a 3 bedroom villa. Great views of the beautiful beach and a very spacious villa, except for the 3rd BR(which we had) which is the butler's quarters. There were some teething problems though. Doors which wouldn't lock, doors which wouldn't unlock !
TV in our room had poor reception but it got fixed the next day. The staff are very helpful and friendly and willing to help. Some speak excellent English, most speak some English.

The food was exceptional and the choices of beer and wine were excellent. Lots of places to explore in the resort too.

Hoi An city is just 15-20 minutes away by hotel shuttle bus (free). A wonderfully original city with great markets and food. Da Nang city is not much of a city; not much to see or do.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Everything about this resort has been planned to maximize the view with details to make this a visual paradise. We have stayed in about 15 five star resorts and hotels in Vietnam and several in Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and Hong Kong. We feel the Club level has overall the best quality food that we have experienced, including high quality wines at the cocktail hour. We found the snacks to be delicious, including a fabulous asparagus quiche, delightful salads, dips of Baba ghanoush and red capscium hummus, tasters of Vietnamese specialties, pomelo salad fabulous! The head chef and F&B Manager, have planned events and special meals that are a notch above any restaurants in the area. The breads and pastries are the best in the area- breads competing with the Metropole Hanoi and pastries (cakes, cookies, creme brulee)-the best in SE Asia, no competition in Vietnam. Only caution is to pace yourself so you don't overeat at the buffets!!! I love to order the French onion soup and always the Illy coffee which comes with a fabulous cookie, different cookie at each restaurant; I love that! Don't miss eating at the Pool restaurant. We love the corner table right on the beach- best view of the ocean of anywhere we have been in the world. We love the simple hamburger, fresh, great beef and reasonable prices for a five star hotel.
They have designed the resort to maximize the view of the ocean in a way that you feel closer to the water and have a more panoramic view.
The rooms first have an excellent view of the ocean, beautiful all glass including a gorgeous view from the shower and bath. The bathroom has separate toilet and double vanity sinks all finished with a clean/ modern Asian look, all light stone and beautiful light bamboo(?) woods. The room also has expensive draperies to black out light and shades in the shower to either black out or view out without people seeing in. We liked the separate walk in closet to keep bags and clothes hidden.
The swimming pools are unique and gorgeous designs; it is like an adventure swimming from one pool to the next through water fountains and under bridges. The club or spa pool is great for laps.
Obviously, we are overwhelmed with what the Hyatt has been able to accomplish in a short period of time in a country like Vietnam which is still developing the level of service expected. This is a credit to the GM and his staff who listens carefully & takes seriously getting the quality right and service to a level which exceeds expectations of the customer.

Room Tip: Recommend Regency Club and Ocean View
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jkot
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in January 2012 for 4 nights, and I must say this new entry in Danang scene is one of the better choice in Danang. There are quite a few 5* resorts to choose from, but none exudes class and attention to details like this hotel does.

This is a beachfront hotel and from what I would say regardless of which room you get, you have a picturesque view of the ocean (ok maybe some room on the ground floor could be partially blocked by the beachfront restaurant so ask for a higher floor room). The surrounding of the hotel is very well carved out, nicely designed and all constuction works were of high quality. It gives you a modern but yet still feels like being in Danang if you know what I mean.

The service is attentive (which I find that most Vietnameses are) and food quality is good. We have tried lunch and dinner in this hotel. The only slight disappointment is the breakfast. Don't get me wrong it is not bad, but just not sumptuous enough for me to wake up in the morning to go for breakfast, so I skipped breakfast 3 out of 4 days there.

Here comes the cons if you must insist - the Club Lounge. The rooms on the Club Floor is USD $90 more and really, you aren't missing much if you are not a 'privileged guest' in the Club Lounge. The Club Lounge serves breakfast but only two choices of hot food for selection (that is you choose either one), and the rest are.......umm I also don't know what coz it was so pathetic that I can't be bothered to take a closer look. Of course fresh juices are available, if that alone is enough to excite you. The point is if you don't want to eat in the Club Lounge for breakfast, you can have it at their restaurant serving breakfast BUT provided you actually chose the breakfast rate while booking the Club Room if not you need to pay like US $10 if I remember correctly. This is ironic because from my experience with other hotels as long as you are in the Club Room you can choose to have breakfast in the Club Lounge or in the hotel restaurant with no extra charge so be careful what rate you booked.

Then there is the evening cocktails which again two tiny finger hot foods, the rest are.......I don't know what again, oh ya water chestnut. I mean who wants to eat water chestnut for cocktails anyway? Also only sparkling wine no champagne though the white and red wine choices are not bad. Do not expect afternoon tea with hot foods - another disappointment. In a nut shell save the money on the Cub room and spend it at the restaurants and bar with really nice ambience.

We had a look at the SPA too and just felt that the people are too 'hard selling', to the point that we felt awkward just wanted to have a look, not to mention the exorbitant price tag. In the end I bought a bath sachet which when I opened the package realised that it was expired since a year ago. Ok if you have to know - yes I did use it.

The hotel is situated 30 mins from Hoi An the ancient city,15 mins to Danang City, less than10 mins to Marble mountain and 55 mins to Bana Hills. I would say the location is perfect for first timer to Danang.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Omphaloskepsis
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Was just here a few days ago for 4 days, 3 nights for the first part of our trip. Needless to say all the reviews were right and it was an amazing resort. The resort lives up to all the photos and perhaps maybe the photos don't even do it justice.

We had a garden facing room which faced out towards the pool area on the ground floor. A standard room too but like the other reviews say, the standard rooms are really spacious and the use of light colours and floor to ceiling glass doors helps to bring the light into the room. It's modern yet comfy and they have an ipod dock connected to the TV with a remote you can use to choose songs on the TV. The sound from the TV is also connected to speakers in the bathroom and there is a separate volume control for the speakers in the bathroom - so when you're having a bath you can have your favourite songs playing in the background! The bathtub is awesome along with the rainshower and looks out onto the balcony (if you're on the upper floors).

As for the food, it was equally amazing. Potentially the best breakfast buffet in terms of freshness and quality - they make pancakes, waffles and french toast TO ORDER (like an egg station but this is a pancake/waffle/french toast station) - no pre-made stuff sitting there. And they don't come plain either - they are all nicely decorated with fresh fruits and home made sauces. All their pastries are fresh everyday and changes daily. Also no generic coffee and tea, instead you can order what TYPE of coffee and tea you want - jasmine tea, green tea, vietnamese coffee...you name it. We also had lunch and dinner and room service here and everything was so good! Funny thing is that room service is the same price as the restaurant so if you're feeling lazy then just order room service!

The pool was great. The staff are really attentive and once you get out of the pool you'll find your pool chairs nicely made up ready to lie down on with a nice complimentary cold glass of tropical juice to sip on! We also tried the spa which was another amazing experience. We went for a 60 min stress recovery massage and they do not stinge on time. To start you have an option of going to the steam room in the fitness center. Then they'll start the treatment and after that you'll go to a relaxation room to drink some tea and have some local sweets. All in all it was 1.5 hours. Price is a bit steep (USD 100 per person) but worth a try. The massage is really good. Before the start you also get to choose what kind of music you'd like playing in the background.

We also took the free shuttle to Hoi An and as it was only the 2 of us we got driven in a new Mercedes car! The concierge also helped us to organize a tour to Hue and everything went smoothly. We also got to print our e-tickets for our next flight at the business centre for free, where most other hotels would charge you to use the computer as well as for printing.

The only minor things that were negative was that our safe deposit box was not working and we did mention it to a few staff members but it did not get fixed in the end but really a small matter. We didn't push for it anyway. Language may also be an issue. I think the staff are trained to understand just enough but if you ask anything other than the basic things they are meant to know then it might be a challenge. Example was when I called to order room service and asked if there was any additional charge for room service and the person did not understand me at all and I tried using different words but it didn't work, so I just gave up and ordered. They do try their best to understand you though and I think with more experience with foreign tourists it can only get better. Anyway I'm already surprised at the level of service considering they are so new...the staff are already very well trained.

In terms of other activities at the resort there didn't seem to be much. I suppose when it gets busier they will start organizing some beach activities or other internal activities. I think cooking classes or fitness classes would be really good at this kind of resort. There also isn't much to do (or eat) in the immediate surroundings of the resort as it is just a long straight road with alot of upcoming developments. Golf courses are very nearby and were apparently designed by Greg Norman so maybe it's worth checking out.

Room Tip: Any room would be amazing!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple