“Absolute Luxury Ocean Front Resort”

Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas
Ranked #15 of 294 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed July 14, 2014

A friend & I had 6 x nights here last month as part of a Luxury Escapes Vietnam Package.
The resort is so beautiful & equipped with everything you could possibly want or need!
The 5 x pools & surrounding gardens are so tranquil, all overlooking the bean & ocean.
I could not fault the service provided by the staff, my only constructive criticism would that more of them need to learn better English.
Our room was huge!, 2 king single beds, (which were more like the size of a double) were dreamy to sleep on, comfort plus!, including the pillows (pillow menu next to the bed).
Our package included Breakfast & either lunch or dinner daily. Breakfast selection was massive, it catered for a vast variety of cultures, & was lovely.
We had 2 x A la carte dinners, which were great also. One night there was a Resort BBQ, which I did not enjoy at all.
The Resort provided 3 x free shuttle buses in & out of Hoi An (30kms away)
Overall, I loved it, & would most certainly recommend it to all, especially families as the kids club is great.

Room Tip: The resort is built so all rooms have balconies overlooking the resort pools & ocean
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank LeaCav
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Lvernon,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with your friend.

We are working very hard to provide English lessons to all our team members since it is not their mother tongue.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Adwin Chong

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This place is gorgeous. We were greeted straight off the plane before we collected our bags. Transferred in a nice van to the mainland reception and then on the yacht to the island. Then transferred on a buggy the island reception.. sounds like a lot of transfers but really we did nothing they did everything and made sure we didn't walk far at all, even to our room which was about 100m from reception they insisted on driving us.
We had I think the cheapest of the rooms available and still the room is super spacious, a private jucuzzi and large bathroom. We were happy.
We were however under the impression that the luxury resort was to be child free, it wasn't, there was so much space that it didn't really effect us but I can see some may not be as happy.
Staff are super diligent made sure we got everything we needed and asked for.
The international breakfast buffet was exceptional. Great food, lots of choice, eggs made, crepes made not a complaint at all about that here!!
The cocktails were suprisingly not too overpriced which we were happy with, however the poolside lunch menu lacked vietnamese options which I w as a little disappointed in considering we are in the country I was hoping being at a 5+ star resort I could have some amazing vietnamese cuisine.. whenever I liked!
The pools amazing, massive plenty of room, closed a bit too early though, 6pm. I would think something like 8.30 or 9pm is more reasonable. Views are incredible!
I had a massage which I was absolutely happy to pay the price and more if for some reason I had to (I didn't :)) private, beautiful view, peaceful surroundings, they even thought to make sure when you put your face in the hole you get a beutiful view of floating flowers. I felt super relaxed and they greeted me with hot tea and ginger and sent me off with a chilled fresh pineapple juice.
We really enjoyed our stay any small negatives are out weighed by the big positives. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear loviny23,

Thank you for your review despite it was meant for my sister hotel in Nha Trang.

Nevertheless, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay thoroughly.

Vinpearl Luxury Danang

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 6 nights at this very luxurious hotel. Our ocean view room was large and beautiful. The facilities are fantastic and staff very friendly. We played golf nearby so staying here was ideal. The food at breakfast was good but the dinners disappointing , so we caught taxis into nearby Hoi An where the restaurants were fantastic. The courtesy bus went into Hoi An quite early at 5 pm. A 7pm bus would have been useful.If you don't mind loud children constantly running around in what I would describe as a cafeteria atmosphere where both parents and staff don't seem to mind then maybe this is the place for you! Facilities could be improved by having some child free areas, say maybe one of the restaurant s and even one of the five pools. Would suggest great for families but not for couples.

• Stayed: July 2014
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Therese,

Greetings from Vinpearl Luxury Danang and thank you for staying with us and your review is highly appreciated.

As it is holiday season in Vietnam now, the staffs are told to pay more attention to children in the hotel. It seems that we have not managed to contain all of them and we also keep reminding the parents too.

Your kind suggestion is also well noted and we will improve it.

Once again, thank you and hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

As part of a package, we moved from the Sofitel, Saigon, to the Vin Pearl, Da Nang, and certainly noticed the difference from a luxury city hotel to a beach resort. When picked up at the airport by a bus rather than a limo we wondered what we were in for! And then the B-B-Q that night was a disaster with too many people trying to be served from one B-B-Q by hard-working staff who really did not know how to cope.
HOWEVER, we soon learned that this resort was in a beautiful setting with luxuriously appointed rooms - we had upgraded to the ocean view - and a staff that were attentive to your every need. One must accept that when you go to a beach resort, the atmosphere will be more relaxed and maybe a little slower that your expectations, but the whole experience is a " sit back and enjoy" time.
Once we had settled in to this mode of life for six nights we thoroughly enjoyed the pools, the beach, the breakfasts and dinners and the occasional shuttle bus ride to Hoi An.
As an extra memory, our 50th wedding anniversary was recognised upon our arrival by the bath being half-filled and sprinkled with rose petals and the bath mat decorated with petals, plus a lovely bottle of red wine.
We cannot praise the staff enough - they are all well trained and truly beautiful people.
So, the ultimate question - Would we go back? Yes!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol D

Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

First of all I would like to clarify that the hotel never committed to limo pick up at the airport. We have informed the booking agent in Australia that they have to make it very clear to the guests upon reservation. This is due to their error in printing the advertisement. We will bring up to their attention again.

We are glad that your first impression did not dampen your stay. We highly appreciate you recognition on our hardware and our people. We always try our best to exceed our guests expectation.

We are eagerly looking forward to your next visit soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at the Vinpearl for six nights. It is set on beautiful grounds, the many pools etc are just gorgeous. On our first night there we attended the buffet dinner as that was included in our deal. I.was quite ill by midnight and for the rest of our stay ate bread rolls as we noticed that the food seemed to be "recycled" night after night. Ruined the last 8 days of our Vietnam holiday experience and took a month to recover when we got home. Sorry, but could not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear MoiraanBrenton,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

I would like to personally reiterate that we never recycle our food as you claim. There could be some repetitive dishes as comfort food daily but never the dishes are recooked or so called recycle.

It would be clarified and verified instantly shall your issue was brought up to our attention during your stay. While I acknowledge that our food has not cater for the mass especially foreigners, we have not received a specific report that our guest was ill due to this.

I am requesting you to provide me the details of your personally findings so that I could looking this serious allegation.

Meanwhile I am sorry to know that you took a month to recover your disappointment and it is a shame that we could not delight you in anyway.

However, I still appreciate very much for your kind review and still looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel, so that you would see the wider variety of food and I will personally take you for a kitchen tour to with you our in-sight of strict food safety and hygiene process.

Sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at the Vinpearl on a voucher and expected 2nd rate treatment as we have found before when using discount vouchers. Nothing could be further from the truth. It was 6 days of pure indulgence. Every staff member when out of their way to help and were extremely courteous and approachable. eg on returning my wet towel to the pool attendant he always saw me approaching and met me half way. I found the food excellent with a wide variety of choice including the buffet or fixed menu in the evening.
The room was very spacious and well worth the ocean view supplement.
The 5 pools and beach location were perfect . One could choose to participate in free arranged activities or just chill out.

The shuttle to Hoi An worked well.

My only suggestion ( very small)- In the room 2 shampoos/bath gels are provided but only 1 body lotion. Given the beach location and ideal swimming conditions , 2 body lotions would be desirable.

Overall a great relaxing holiday and I can't wait to return

Room Tip: Pay for the ocean view supplement.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LucasHe

Dear Lucas,

Thank you for your valuable time spent in this review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us while your suggestion is well noted. Guests always love great hotel and that is what we are aiming for.

We sincerely looking forward to your return very soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our family of 5 spent 6 nights at Vinpearl Da Nang using a LuxuryEscapes.com package. It was a fantastic experience. We had 2 interconnecting rooms which worked perfectly with 3 children aged 9 - 15. The rooms are quite large, well equiped and the beds are extremely comfortable. The pools are amazing and a great place to relax and cool off from the extreme July heat. The beautiful Hoi An is only a 30 minute free shuttle bus away - the evening trip was best for use to avoid the heat of the day. The breakfasts are outstanding. The staff are extremely friendly and went out of their way to help us with any request - always with a smile. One of the highlights for our family was the Basic Vietnamese class with Nam. He was very patient trying to teach my three children and myself to count in Vietnamese and say some simple Vietnamese phrases, which we practised on the staff and then used for the rest of our holiday in Vietnam. Thank you Vinpearl for a wonderful family experience.

Room Tip: We had ground floor rooms which meant easy access to the pool and dining areas - perfect for childre...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole K

Dear Nicole,

Xin Chao! We are so delighted to know that you found our hotel as paradise with your family to stay.

Our team members are always friendly and exceed the guests expectation simply because we have great guests like you!

We certainly look forward to your forthcoming visit.

Thank you very much.