“Amazing Place!”

Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas
Ranked #12 of 283 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I like to first start off by saying what an amazing place this hotel is, anyone faulting it must be seriously picky or really unlucky. We stayed here during our tour of Vietnam and so glad we did. We have travelled around the world, and this has to be one of the best hotels, in terms of service and quality, we have ever stayed in. Everyone we met was absolutely lovely and helpful, and especially made our 6 year daughter feel like a princess every time we stepped back in the hotel. We took advantage of the free shuttle to Hoi An, the breakfast was extensive and plentiful, and the pools were quiet (which we loved). Thank you once again for such an amazing experience!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear LondonMerc,

Thank you very much for your kind words and recognised our effort for making this amazing place to be for the guests.

We are consistently striving for more success in delighting the guests and we sincerely hope to seeing you back to our hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have just come back from spending a week in Vietnam and stayed for 4 days at the Vinpearl Luxury in Da Nang. I was very impressed when arriving at the hotel, the staff are really lovely, very friendly and helpful although do not speak much English but you do get by.
The rooms are really beautiful with a huge bath and lots of gadgets. Just press a button next to your bed and open your curtains to see lovely views. We were on the 3rd floor and had great views of the pool and ocean. I was a little disappointed in the shampoo/conditioner and shower gels, didn't feel they were that great quality and wished I brought my own but that's just my personal opinion. The pillows and bed are so comfortable I had a great nights sleep every night. The rooms were also lovely and clean which is always important to me and have an iron and hair dryer. The plug sockets seemed to take different plugs, some took the UK plug and some our Australian plug so that's useful.

Breakfast was great with lots of choice, the only negative I'd say about breakfast time was that they never came round to top up your tea and coffee, you always had to ask which wasn't always easy as there were limited amount of staff covering an area.
we ate at the pool bar a couple of days but service is extremely slow, on the second day each of our 4 meals came up separately, and I mean 10 minutes after the one before, so we were all eating on our own basically then the garlic bread that we'd ordered for starters turned up right at the end. Also one night we had drinks down at the pool bar, there were only 3 tables with people at but the barman never came round to check if we wanted further drinks and he kept disappearing, all tables had to keep going up to the bar to order or look for him.

Spa facilities are really beautiful too so that's worth a go, and the massages were really reasonable.

Sun beds and pool area are wonderful, there are quite a few smaller pools around so you can always find somewhere nice and quiet to relax. The beach was also lovely, the sand was really nice and soft.

Went into Hoi An on the bus from the hotel, just make sure you book in advance as the bus does get booked up. It takes about 25 mins to get there and Hoi An is great to see at night with all the laterns. Make sure you make a trip over the road to Marble mountain, wear good shoes and take water though, there's lots of steps but great caves to see especially one near the top that is amazing. Wanted to make a special mention to the lady on the concierge desk (The Huyen, I hope I have her name right), she was so helpful and friendly.

I would have no hesitation at all in going back to this hotel, or recommending it to anyone, it really was lovely even with the couple of negative things I have said, but they certainly weren't enough to put me off, merely just places I think they could improve to make things even better. If you are reading through reviews and not sure, just book it, you wouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Monique140968

Dear Monique,

Thank you very much for staying with us and pleased to know that you enjoyed it overall.

We are also highly appreciated your genuine feedback and we will overcome the shortcomings in no time.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel,in the very near future.

Once again, thank you very much.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom beach villa which was large and on first appearances looked impressive, but look a little closer and all is not what it seems. I think the construction of these Villas is poor. We had a maintenance person at our villa almost every day of the 7 days of our stay to solve some sort of problem.

The major issue was with the plumbing in the main bathroom. A putrid smell emanated from the bathroom for the entire week of our stay. We had three visits from the maintenance team to solve the problem - but not solved. The solution - bring in electric air purifiers and attend to the problem after we leave. We should never have had to put up with that disgusting smell for the duration of our stay. The air-conditioner in the main bedroom leaked from the vent and we were constantly mopping up a pool of water in the main bedroom. Again, that would be fixed after we left. Constant beeping from the kitchen required a maintenance person to come and fix - he took quite sometime to fix it.

I ended up wanting to speak to the Manager on the 5th day of our stay to discuss these issues and others. I thought it would be best to address them face to face rather than come home and write a not so good review when not having given the hotel the opportunity to make things right whilst we were there. The Duty Manger, can't remember her name, initially only wanted to discuss the issues with me over the phone - I said that I would prefer to discuss face to face and show her the problems. She arrived at our villa and made extensive notes of what I had to say. The issues also included a rather unusual experience at the Oriental restaurant, where we had ordered a bottle of the Argentinian wine for dinner (we spent a week in Mendoza last year, drinking these wines). I was offered to taste the wine and when I did I thought it tasted off. Before saying anything, I asked my wife to taste it and she agreed. I can't recall that we have ever sent a bottle of wine back, but this time we did. Sometime later, the Manager of the restaurant fronted at our table and asked what was wrong with the wine. We explained it was 'off' and was not good. He seemed to take offence to us returning the wine and offered no apology and was very rude. The next bottle of wine we ordered was a Kim Crawford red, again it didn't taste good - but we were too afraid to say anything - we left half a bottle of the very expensive wine unfinished at our table. I suspect they are not storing the wines properly.

Anyhow, bottom line, the Duty Manager never came back to me with respect to any of the issues I raised and we were at the resort for another 3 days. Not good management, particularly when I took the time to sit down with the Manager, during my vacation to explain the issues.

The lunch menu at the restaurant was out dated and food was poor. The description of the menu items did not agree to what came to the table. For example, the club sandwich described on the menu was very different to what came to the table and excluded a number of the items. The calamari was described as bread crumbed on the menu, but came as battered and so on. The lunch menu is a western menu - no Vietnamese items to select. We walked up to the adjacent Hyatt hotel on our second last day and boy oh boy what a difference we noticed. Food was fresh, flavoursome and modern - a complete contrast to that at Vinpearl. The Manager made us feel very welcome and offered us a round of free drinks because it was our first visit to the restaurant and he invited us to dinner that night for their weekly Italian buffet. When we explained our teenage kids do not eat much and typically don't do buffets for that reason, he offered to charge them 1/2 price. Nothing of the sort happened at Vinpearl during our stay, apart from being offered a fruit platter when the food which arrived was different to the order. We had felt like we had made a friend with this Hyatt Manager in one day. It was a shame we didn't go there earlier to eat many of our lunches and dinners.

The management at Vinpearl are good to offer apologies, but that doesn't cut the mustard when you are paying big bucks at supposedly a 5 star resort for a week.

As other reviewers mention, the Chinese groups which inhabit this hotel are appalling. You generally only have to endure them at breakfast when they push and shove in front of you, scream to each other over you and from one end of the restaurant to the other. They make breakfast a very unpleasant experience. On one morning, a group of 8 women sitting near our table were that loud that one of the very meek Vietnamese waitresses asked them to be quiet. I also had the very unpleasant experience of having a massage in a room near the male spa area and I can only assume there was a group of Chinese or Korean men in there screaming and shouting the entire time during my hour long massage. At one point, it became that loud I asked the masseuse to stop and doing something about the noise - she left the room for a minute or so, but the noise didn't stop, she returned and just offered another one of those apologies.

The people who work at the resort are wonderful, especially the porters who transferred us daily to and from our Villa and of course Minh, the very personable concierge. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained.

The Management at this resort is the problem. If they genuinely want to operate as a 5 star resort and by that I mean by international standards not Vietnamese standards, then they best go and look and see what is happening next door at the Hyatt.

Despite these issues we had a great time and we loved Hoi An and had our dinners there most nights and will return and stay at Da Nang but next time, we'll be staying next door at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Travelwriter63
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear nmclennan,

First of all thank you very much for staying with us despite our shortcomings.

We highly appreciated your precious time in providing this lengthy review. We take all feedback from our valued guests positively for us to strive even harder.

Once again, thank you very much.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Lovely people who are just there to help with everything you need but I have been to plenty of resorts out of the same bag, beachfront, pool, pool bar, massage area, restaurants, gym - you know ! That said well presented clean and resonable but nothing really special a little out of town but transport and most everything else by our standards is so cheap. The might Aussie dollar goes an awfull long way.

Room Tip: top floor rooms with a 6 in front
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Martin,

Greetings from Vinpearl Luxury Danang.

Thank you very much indeed for spending your valuable time in writing this review. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I write this as I spend my last night sadly here at the Vinpearl. If you have booked this hotel and are reading all the reviews like we did before we went then just chill!!! You have made the best choice and will not be disappointed! Be prepared to be indulged and pampered and have everything you want catered for by charming, smiling, helpful and genuinely lovely people!!! Everything is just perfect, the rooms are lovely, each with not only a dressing gown but a kimono, slippers, flip flops and 2 gorgeous sarongs! All the toiletries you need are there, hair dryer, iron etc lots of gadgets and gizmos in the room ! The comfiest beds ever with a pillow menu! Turn down every night with chocolates on your pillows and a cacophony of animals each night made from towels!
Be sure to use the spa it's amazing and the massages are wonderful, I had a pamper package it was lovely!
Do go into Hoi An each night to eat as there is an abundance of places to eat, I very much recommend Brothers Cafe! Wonderful food. It's probably one of the nicest places I've been to in Vietnam, beautiful at night and the hotel provides a shuttle bus but do book in advance, a taxi is about $9 one way.
The hotel is a little remote in that there is not much near by but that's not a problem, the beach is gorgeous and the sea is blue and warm, lots of places to so to the beach but the pool ares are just lovely. Our room 122 was just at the side of one of the pools, so quiet and private, each set of loungers ( comfy) separated from the others so you don't have to sit near anyone, so nice!!!
Breakfast is lovely with a really good choice.
If you are wondering what clothes to pack ladies, I would not bring too many of your best dresses! It does tend to be casual here! But do get some clothes made in Hoi An!!!! They make anything, take stuff to be copied or choose something! Try Be Be's very good!!
We fly to Cambodia tomorrow but I am so sad to leave here it's just wonderful! Good decision if you are coming to stay you won't be disappointed!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear John,

First of all thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel.

We are very pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our wonderful hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Vin Pearl is amazing! We are thoroughly enjoying our stay here. The staff are friendly and polite. Minh-concierge, Nam-activities, Kieu-night turn down service; all wonderful with their friendly smiles and professional service! All the staff should be recognised and congratulated for the outstanding job they do. Each morning we wave to the gardeners and appreciate all the hard work everyone does here; they ensure the guests are comfortable and happy.
Our son Jack is having an awesome time; thank you Nam for your friendly caring nature. Jack is always on the look out for you for a chat and catch up.
At night there is not any entertainment on the resort which us a shame but nevertheless we are enjoying our stay immensely. We still have 2 days to enjoy here so we are not wishing the time away.
So much to do!
Vin Pearl is amazing and we highly recommend it.
Our room 133 is right on the beach front!
Gorgeous!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear jackaboy30,

Greetings from Vinpearl Luxury Danang.

Thank you very much indeed for your review and very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We are constantly striving for being the best in exceeding guest expectations. With your very positive feedback has given us the extra motivation.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

the hotel offers outstanding facility quality. nice landscape, room size and design. the place even though its big , its still welcoming and charming. It is pricey but it is a five star resort. The staff is a little slow but helpful. chocolates on the pillow and a pillow menu to choose from. the hotel also offers activities as yoga, lantern making, cooking class etc.

Room Tip: we stayed at the 5th floor - beautiful view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear sawadeeka1977,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel.

Your feedback is highly appreciated and prompted us to strive even harder in providing the best guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel very soon.