“Amazing - such a luxurious resort”

Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas
Ranked #11 of 265 Hotels in Da Nang
Perth, Australia
“Amazing - such a luxurious resort”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was part 2 of our Deals voucher holiday in Vietnam and wow, what an amazing place. The resort is sensational, from the huge bedrooms, huge bathrooms, 5 pools, beachfront location, great day spa, lovely restaurants, cocktail bar on the beachfront and fantastic service. The staff here are so welcoming and friendly, it's lovely. The resort offers a shuttle bus service to Hoi An several times a day - be sure to book onto it the day before, as seats fill up quick. If there hadn't been so much to see and do outside the resort, I think I could have easily just stayed here for the whole week! Had a lovely foot spa and manicure in the day spa, a couple of lovely meals in the two restaurants - breakfasts were incredible, relaxed in the horizon pool and walked on the beach. The concierge was helpful in organising a tour up to Ba Na Hills as well. This resort really exceeded my expectations, and it looks just as good as the website pictures.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room to get up on one of the higher floors and enjoy the view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz B
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Liz B,

We are delighted to hear what a nice time you had with us and let me take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the entire staff for both your stay and for taking the time to share your review here. Your comments regarding the rooms, facilities, food, bars and especially the staff are exactly what we strive to reach for all of our guests and we could not be any happier to hear that we were successful for your holiday! Again, thank you from everyone here at Vinpearl Luxury and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Muhammad Irwan Goh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed at an ocean view room. The decor was beautiful, we had a balcony and had a beautiful view of the infinity pool, the garden, and the ocean. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom spacious and clean. They also had a huge TV with a wide selection of channels. We were picked up by the hotel shuttle at the airport, their staff was nice enough to give us an introduction to the room, which was absolutely excellent.

The pools were great, the beach was awesome too. Except I wish there were more choices of watersports/ recreational activites. There were beach football/volleyball/kite-flying for free, and if you pay you can do jet-skiing. I was hoping they'd have bananna boat or wakeboarding or something too...

I agree with some of the reviewers that it was annoying having to 'check-in' for towels on the poolside/beachfront. I also thought their room-key was worn and torn (though it functioned to open the door) and should be changed periodically

My biggest disappointment, however, was the FOOD. I went to Vietnam hoping for some palatable vietnamese cuisine but Danang totally disappointed me. The breakfast at Vinpearl was acceptable (but then it is quite difficult to screw up breakfast food, you know) And their selection of local vietnamese cuisine was extremely limited. We ordered seafood fried noodles and beef Pho for lunch on the first day... well... I've had much better ones in Hong kong. And we had dinner at the Oriental Restaurant one night. That was the worst food I've had in my whole Danang/Hoi An trip - the duck noodle had a stench! Pungent smell!! I couldn't even put it into my mouth!! THe abalone soup was no good, the squid appetiser was disgusting (the squid wasn't fresh AT ALL and again had a bad smell to it) And the mains - the fish and the beef were barely acceptable. I paid 655,000 VND for pungent non-edible items.... That was extremely disappointing and I think Vinpearl MUST improve on their menu to make the stay more enjoyable for guests. Honestly, when I'm on a beach holiday, I don't want to have to take a 20-min shuttle/taxi(10USD) out to Hoi An to get good food. I want to be able to eat good things even within the hotel complex.

If the food wasn't that horrendous, I might be back at Vinpearl in the future. But nope... think I'll try the other international brands nextdoor if I come back to Danang.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank carolng26
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Carolng26,

Let me begin by saying a sincere thank you on behalf of the entire staff for your recent stay. I was very happy to read your great comments regarding the airport pick-up & check-in, the nice things you mentioned about the rooms and facilities and especially the staff. However, it indeed saddens us to receive your comments regarding the food and I would like to apologize to you for not having lived up to your expectations. I have already called a meeting to discuss this issue. Again, I would like to thank you for your stay and for providing feedback for our improvement. We hope that you accept our apologies for the shortcomings and consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I sit here overlooking the pool on our last day of 8 nights at Vin Pearl feeling sad. We have to leave in a few hours!
From check-in, the staff have been exceptional. Always smiling and accommodating. We enjoyed an Ocean view room that was superbly decorated and serviced.
We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary while here and the staff were wonderful in preparing a sumptuous meal for us originally planned for on the beach, but seamlessly moved indoors when the weather was unkind.
Our days by the pool were memorable. Le-Ang who looked after the water aerobics / towel service was a beautiful person, so sharing and caring - thank you so much from us!
In summary, the pro's - Lovely new premises on the beach, great staff, fantastic pools, wonderful rooms, very reasonable drinks prices other than wines
The con's - location (although on the beach, if you plan on doing a lot of shopping & local dining, it's a good 20+ minutes into Hoi An - we did the trip everyday too. Not really anything within walking distance), the two main restaurants ( we were a little disappointed by the quality of the meals here and we both felt better meals could be had in Hoi An for both taste and value)

Thank you Vin Pearl for very relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chefvisitor
Dear Chefvisitor,

Let me thank you on behalf of the entire staff here at Vinpearl Luxury for both your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your impressions here! We are delighted to read your great comments about the rooms, beach, pools and especially about the staff! We also greatly appreciate your kind feedback regarding areas that could be improved and will work towards making the resort an even better place for our distinguished guests. Again, thank you so much and we hope to welcome you back for your next beach holiday!

Bowral, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had read the reviews in Trip Adviser & were eagerly looking forward to our 6 days there We certainly were not disappointed It was amost relaxing & most comfortable holiday On checking in we were asked to be seated & given a most welcome cool drink while waiting to be shown to our room
What a beautiful big room with a lovely view across the resort's gardens to the sea The bathroom was huge & beautifully appointed It is certainly a luxury resort
Our only complaint is with the food served in western restaurant was not up to 5 star standard & lets down the Resort as the rest of the service & amenities were

Room Tip: The higher floors are best
1 Thank Norman D
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Normal D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff here at Vinpearl Luxury, I would like to express our sincere gratitude for having chosen us during your time in the Danang/Hoi An area! We are extremely pleased that you were so satisfied with the rooms, service and amenities and appreciate your feedback about areas to be improved upon. Again, thank you so much and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous hotel with wonderful staff and beautiful rooms. We found the breakfast to be excellent but the evening meals were not as good. They do the little things really well like genuine greetings, remembering your name etc and they really went out of their way to make my 50th birthday a memorable one.
We did have trouble with my spa booking, trying to get a massage and facial while hubby was at golf, had to change his golf date twice and in the end I only had the massage as the complete package was only available in the evenings.
The only downside to our stay was some sort of corporate team building that lasted for two days. It felt like they took over the entire place, constantly screeching on the microphone and running around making a noise at all hours. Certainly ruined the serenity for a while!
Having said that I would still recommend this hotel for a luxurious break.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela R
Dear Angela R,

Let me begin by saying thank you for choosing us for your recent trip to the Danang /Hoi An area. We very much appreciate both your stay and your taking the time to share your impressions here! While we are very happy that you would recommend the resort for all of the great things you found with your stay, we apologize for any shortcomings or inconveniences that you encountered. I will be consulting my team to address these issues. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Vinpearl Luxury Danang!

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had 5 nights here & loved the place. Walking distance to Marble Mountain. Staff here are very helpful & obliging. Daily free shuttle to Hoi an. Can hire motor bikes about 3 km towards Danang in front of Furama resort cheaply. Highly recommended. BTW got this from Deals.com

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room pool view. Excellent.
2 Thank Barb T
VinpearlManager, General Manager at Vinpearl Da Nang Resort & Villas, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Barb T,

We are overjoyed to hear that you loved your time here with us at Vinpearl Luxury. Your comments about the staff are very well received and we would be honoured to welcome you back sometime in the near future. Thanks again!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

seriously recommended!!. A plate of fruit in the room was very welcome. Can't rate this highly enough. My only criticism was the price of food and drinks. Given an upgrade which meant a suite with a four poster bed, fantastic bathroom.

2 Thank Mark W
Dear Mark W,

We are so happy to hear that you recommend us so highly to everyone and I would like to thank you on behalf of everyone here at Vinpearl Luxury for your recent stay. It was our honor to have been a part of your holiday and we hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thanks again!