“Wonderful golf trip in Da Nang”

Grand Mercure Danang
Ranked #11 of 283 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had a group of 5 golfers went on a golf trip from South to North of Vietnam in December of 2013. I booked my golf packages with Grand Mercure, and Ms Phan Thi Quynh Ly did a wonderful job. She communicated with me almost every day, and made sure that everything were in order. We arrived at Da Nang airport, and the shuttle van from Grand Mercure was already waiting for us. The hotel was pretty new, and the room was beautiful. The buffet breakfast was pretty good, even though we didn't have time to eat every morning.

I am currently planning a trip back to Da Nang in the summer of 2014 with the family. I will likely book the Grand Mercure again for the family.

Thanks Ms Phan Thi Quynh Ly, and all the staff at the Grand Mercure for a wonderful golf experience.

Room Tip: Any room is nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
GrandMercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Haphilong,
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback. Your kind words have been passed to our team and in particular Ms. Ly. This will certainly motivate us all to keep the good work.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family this summer.

There are newer reviews for Grand Mercure Danang

Reviewed February 1, 2014

A very enjoyable business trip to Da Nang, extremely clean city and pleasant people, very polite, typical of Asian hospitality. My stay at Grand Mercure Da nang encompassed 2 days and 2 nights, was overall very good. My only slightly negative remarks would be the slightly musty smell in the room (others in my group reported the same) (I wish the window could have opened) and the bed mattress did not match the quality of the hotel, as it was cheap and too firm. Otherwise, the room was of excellent layout and quality, especially the lavatory and shower. Friendly staff, good English, excellent restaurant with authentic local food, one of the best breakfast's I have had in a hotel. I spent some time in the spa each day, where the staff was the most experienced I had ever enjoyed. The hotel is located centrally with an amazing view of the Han River and close to just about everything, including the Da nang International Airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
CarlGag, Tổng giám đốc at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Ron H,

My team and I are delighted to receive your positive review of Grand Mercure Danang. Thank you very much for letting us know what made your stay a wonderful and comfortable experience. We appreciate your kind recommendation and look forward to having you with us again on your next visit to Danang. Your comment on the room smell was duly noted and has been raised to upper managers to ensure appropriate action should be taken.

Once again, thank you for your kind comment,

Regards,

Carl GAGNON

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was booked for business trip here. Newly condition of facility, not far from city and convenience to travel. Modern decoration and clean. Nice view to Danang city. Restaurant staff hasn't professional as 5 star hotel level.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CarlGag, Tổng giám đốc at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Chinnawat T,
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Carl GAGNON

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My daughter and I were in Da Nang working as volunteers for 3 weeks and we stayed at the Mercure for that time. We booked the hotel online and just booked a twin room. However after 3 days in the hotel the manager spoke to us and said because we were staying fo an extended period of time he was going to upgrade us to a suite at no extra cost. Realising we are volunteers I think he was aware that we are here helping the children so it was a very nice gesture on his behalf and we were grateful for the extra space especially because we had so many resources for the children. The staff were friendly and tried to assist us at all times even though there was a langyage barrier their smiles made us feel very welcome. I would certainly stay here again if I was in Da Nang and I would recommend the hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: Go for a suite, they are very roomy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GrandMercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Therese P,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Your kind words have been passed to the team. We are very impressed by your dedication to children in needs and are delighted to read that you had an excellent three weeks stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Though a misunderstanding concerning the arrival airport transfer, it was duly resolved.
A little off centre from the City, in a quite zone this newish property never failed to impress.
Superb recognition & lovely room allocation on the higher floor with such divine views over the river & city.
Very spacious suite with such a delightful bathroom & a very comfortable bed.
Excellent WiFi & although the lounge could not be enjoyed for evening drinks the lobby bar sufficed with friendly service.
Fantastic breakfast in the luxurious lounge on the 21st floor with such a smiling & gracious host.
The transfer to the train station was greatly appreciated & all staff should be commended for such professional all round service.

Room Tip: Higher floors enjoy the expansive river & city views.

Dear AussieScott70,
All of us at Grand Mercure Danang would like to offer our sincere thanks for your delightful review. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Mathieu

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our family just stayed at this hotel last week.We're so happy with all the staff (bellboy, security,reception,concierge)they are all friendly and willing to help.
Great service!
As a member of Accor we highly recommend for family stay.
Good view!Nice,clean and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Phuong P

Dear Phuong P,
Thank you so much for your nice review. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks, and from start to finish I was superbly looked after.
The service from ALL of the staff was of an excellent standard.
ALL food and drink were of a very high standard, and the rooms were comfortable, clean and well presented. With free, fast wifi connectivity in the whole hotel.
The free shuttle service to/from the airport is very useful.
Thank you Grand Mercure for looking after me so well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Legin D
GrandMercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Legin D,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Grand Mercure Danang. I have passed your comments to the team; it certainly motivate us all to keep up the good work.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.