“A great experience”

Grand Mercure Danang
Ranked #12 of 285 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I visited DaNang. I was stationed at DaNang in 1969 and had not returned since then. While researching the options I read a warning on the internet that hotels in Vietnam often fall short of expectations, so I my expectations were low. I was greatly surprised. The Grand Mercure was a great place to stay. Our Suite was exceptional. The staff was friendly. And, the food was good. The view out our window overlooked the Dragon Bridge. If I return to DaNang, I will stay here.

Room Tip: We reserved a suite on one of the higher floors. The top floors have access to a private lounge whi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James M
GrandMercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Dave M,
I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of Grand Mercure Danang on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I and my guide stayed in two Executive King Rooms at the Grand Mercure Danang. Everythig was perfect - all new with modern facilities. For my purposes it was not in a very convenient location since it was a bit away from the center of town; however, the taxi ride to the center was just few minutes. The spa and the service there was exceptionally good. The breakfast was good and it was served in a separate room called The Privilege Room which also had a nice sitting area and free wi-fi. All the personnel were smiling and helpful at all times which is one of the important things in this hotel. My special thanks go to Lan at the breakfast room and to Tuyet Nhung, the Privilige Room Supervisor, both of whom were very professional and very helpful during my stay. I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cintemani
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

when I check in, i wonder why this hotel is 4 stars instead of 5 stars. Everything is perfect: staff, lobby, room, view, light...
The staff is super friendly with warm smiles. Breakfast is better than I expect. we have some problem with our laptop but a staff helped us make it done.
the spa is big,clean and professional
Tip:
- Stay at highest room as possible
- The location is not convennient to walk but you can easy get into town in 5minutes.
- The steam bath did not work on day i was here. You should check with staff when you do spa service.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank baovi
GrandMercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear BaoVi,
Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to know that you had a good stay and enjoyed our service. It is encouraging for all of us to learn that Guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We & 4 friends had a fabulous stay at Grand Mercure Danang. Location, service, rooms, friendliness and assistance coundn't be faulted. Recommended to others and will go again.
Extremely clean and very well organised. My favourite Vietnamese city and hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced the afternoon sun, which suited us.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank bmd465
GrandMercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear bmd465,
May I begin by thanking you for your review on TripAdvisor. Your kind words have been passed on to our team. This will certainly motivate us to keep up the good work. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

very good breakfast
comfortable room - great bathroom
the wifi is good
very good location nr airport and centre town
friendly staff
good pool and gym and nice spa
good tv channels
very good view from the rooms
good and free bus service to the airport
desk not big enough in the room and the beds could do with being longer for taller travellers

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisSurb

Dear ChrisSurb,
We sincerly appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Located on the banks of Han river, this hotel has great view of the surroundings and a feeling of tranquility.

The restaurant offers good food, but one can not miss the seafood available close to this hotel on the beach side.

Room Tip: River side rooms e.g. 1616
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lagisetti
GrandMercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Lagisetti,
Thank you very much for your review. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and our food. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Me and my family stayed here due to the Typhoon Nari, as all the flights to HCMC were cancelled, and we had nowhere to go. Looked into tripadvisor for some alternatives, and I am happy to say that we made the right choice. When we got there, we were treated in a kind way, allowing me and family to get a free upgrade to one of the apartments in the executive floor, where we could enjoy not only of a bigger room (with a fantastic view, from floor 21st) but also the amenities from the executive lounge, where we were served breakfast and also different snacks and drinks 24hs.
Having lived in Asia for almost 10 years now, i have to say that this kind of service and understanding (at least in hotels) does not happen everyday. I would go back to this Hotel whenever i go back to Danang.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family