“Excellent Stay”

Grand Mercure Danang
Ranked #13 of 275 Hotels in Da Nang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2012

International 5 star service. And for the value at 100usd, even more so. The staff in particular are world class, friendly and extremely efficient. The food, room service and breakfast, is brilliant. Like many places I've found in Vietnam, they can do the best carbonara.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Anna S
Tokyo
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a brand new hotel but the location is not good for anything but business. You can't walk to anywhere, which means you are captive to the hotel and their prices for anything from a can of coke upwards. The rooms are fine, if a little small. The bed seemd a bit short to me and I am only 185.

My major concern was the service. Due to leave at 06.30, all I wanted was a cup of tea. What a problem. The tea in the room was green, despite calls and visits by room service , I never did get a simple tea bag for a cup of English Breakfast ( black ) tea. Nor could I get to see a duty manager. He was off duty !! Left my business card, but still no contact.

I will not be going back again. The main attaraction to Da nang is the beach and the seafood. This place has neither and the staff have'nt got a clue. I have stayed in 3 other hotels in Da Nang and this place goes to number 4 on my list of 4.

It is a taxi ride for anything and the hotel does not have much in the way of food or drinks to offer and nothing at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pa3576
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a short trip to Da Nang after coming from nearby Hoi An. As I stayed at a traditionally decorated hotel in old town Hoi An, it was nice change to check into a fancy modern hotel such as this one.

First of all, I'd like to mention that the location is both good and bad. It's very close to the airport, it's on the quieter side of town, and it's sitting on a pseudo-island land that is occupied by fancy villas and restaurants (most of which are still being built). This means the area is very peaceful, but it also means there aren't much to do within walking distance. There are plenty of taxis waiting to whiz you away to busier parts of town, with fares in the vicinity of 50-80k to most locations in town or at the nearby beach.

I think I stayed during a quiet period for the hotel, and saw very few guests. There were also renovations being done to parts of the lobby and restaurants. But the upside was that I received very prompt and personal service whenever requested. I'm not sure how the staff would fare if the hotel is at a high occupancy rate, considering it's a very large property, and also some staff appeared to be trainees or new to the hospitality trade. While most appeared rather clueless when asked about the hotel's facilities or services, especially in English, the courtesy and politeness was certainly there so I'm happy with that.

The rooms are very well equipped, with a comfortable bed, spacious bathroom (shower only except for suites), and large window to view the beautiful surroundings. The toiletries are ample, and the bathrobes provided were nice and soft. I even received a large plate of fresh fruit delivered to my room during my stay, though I'm not sure whether that's due to me staying on the VIP floor, or being a platinum loyalty member. I slept in during my stay so did not sample the breakfast menu, but from the other reviews it certainly sounds nice, and I wish I could have tried it out.

The hotel offers excellent facilities including a fully equipped gym, but beware there's only 1 set of everything except for treadmills. There's also rain showers and hot coal sauna available in each of the men's and women's change rooms. The hotel pool is on the ground floor outside the cafe/bar, and is in the "infinity" design, looking out over the new bridge being constructed. Apparently you can also hire the tennis courts just outside the hotel building, though I wasn't game enough to have a go at it in the swelling heat of Da Nang.

The only slight hiccup I encountered that marred my otherwise perfect stay, and it was absolutely my own fault, was being denied a complimentary late check-out, due to me forgetting to request for it until on the morning of the check-out day. I was surprised at the inflexibility of the staff to arrange for it, despite a very vacant hotel, but had no one to blame but myself in this instance.

While I was whizzed away back to the airport in the hotel's complimentary shuttle bus, I looked back at my 2 nights at this hotel, making a mental note to put it on my list of favourite hotels in Vietnam to return to next time I visit.

Room Tip: Don't fuss over the "ocean view" rooms. The ones facing the mountain are much better...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank csg001
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed August 11, 2012

this hotel is new town area. is new buliding. just now open. all is new . special privilege room and lounge is very excellent . loung is 21's floor. provide all kind of drink, fruits, snack ..... In the fitness all machine is very excellent .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sim-sang
singapore
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Came for a short trip & stay at Mercure Danang. The Hotel is about 1 year old, very clean & attentive service. About 3km to the beach front. They provide shuttle service to the beach as well.
Definately be back.