“Great course, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Montgomerie Links

Montgomerie Links
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great course, great service!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Due to a misunderstanding we had no cart booked for our round, but Taylor Murphy, the Director of Golf, personally intervened to ensure one was made available - on a very busy day - and saved our day. Thanks again, Taylor. So we were able to play, and really enjoyed it, The course was interesting, scenic, and in perfect condition, and our caddies were both quiet, efficient, and knowledgeable about the lines to and on the greens. There was food and drink available at kiosks around the course, and pleasant service back at the clubhouse. Also, they let you buy just one logo ball for your collection, you don't have to buy three! Overall, highly recommended.

Visited February 2014
Montgomerielinks, Manager at Montgomerie Links, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for you positive comments about your experiences here at Montgomerie Links, it was our pleasure to host you both on the day and I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our staff. I hope you are playing good golf wherever you may be and that we will have the chance to see you both again in the near future.

Taylor Murphy
Director Of Golf

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“First class”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

A stunning golf course and great caddies which made our day. So glad we played as the price is a little daunting but understandable once you see the course, design and upkeep. Thank-you for a very memorable day

Visited November 2013
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Enjoyable........but the experience could have been better.”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Well I have today played 18 holes at the Montgomerie Course in Danang. Whilst I enjoyed the round I have to say the experience might have been presented better.

With respect to the Management the "welcome experience" at "the bag drop" might have been better and needed a more senior presence than the caddies. After eventually finding my own way to the Pro Shop and finalising the details for my pre booked round, I found my own way to the caddie station.

My slot which had been confirmed as 10.50 (spelt out by my hotel concierge at booking) became 10.15 so although I had allowed ample time for practice etc, I was rushed to the first tee.

From this point I was introduced to Sa, my assigned caddie, and the experience improved greatly. Sa was a delight to be around and had a good idea of the lies on the greens.

I was eventually partnered with an English couple and another gent. We managed our own introductions but this might experience could have been enhanced if managed by the Starter??

Considering "the traffic" this course must get, the course was in good order but I did feel the greens on the back nine could have been better. Some were patchy and appeared to have a little fungal activity.

Sorry guys, some of the hole placements on the back nine were appallingly difficult for your clients who don't play off single figures....probably most of us??

I found the landing areas off the tee to be generous but then the bunkering created some difficulties, at least to the eye. Later in the morning the wind came up and influenced some interesting results for all our group.

Interestingly, I have never seen this before, you paid (total account green fees and Clubhouse) as you left. I'd be certain there would be escapees. The disappointing aspect from our groups perspective was that one of the other gents got charged some expenses incurred by me. The matter was overcome, the staff were convinced only after I clarified the oversight, but I'm not sure "the victim" was left impressed?

It was nobody else's fault that I scored high but at the prices charged, which I didn't think are unreasonable compared to other destination resort courses in Asia, Management needs to present a more refined experience!! Common guys your letting Monty down!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank SuzandGee
Montgomerielinks, Manager at Montgomerie Links, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear SuzandGee

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience here with us at Montgomerie Links. We are pleased that you enjoyed your game and that you also enjoyed your experience with your caddy for the day, we will certainly pass on your positive comments to our Caddy Master.

In regards to your comments of our overall service standards I would like to thank you again for bringing them to our attention, we apologize if this lessened your experience with us and I can assure that we accept your comments in the positive manner in which they are given and that we will use them in training our staff moving forward.

We hope that we have the opportunity to see you here again in the near future.

Taylor Murphy
Director of Golf
Montgomerie Links Vietnam
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“'Great golf course'”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Very beautiful. The course was well-designed. Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, English communicating is still a limit. We had a pleasant time

Visited September 2013
Wollongong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great course”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Montgomerie golf course is a challenging course but a really nice course to play. the design was done by the golfing great that the course is names after and it certainly lives up to the champion himself. they provided local caddies for us and they were a real treat to have with us. the clubhouse is also very nice with decent food so we made a day out it with golf and lunch. i will defiantly play another round on my return to danang.

Visited October 2013