“Perfect luxurious couple retreat”

Fusion Maia Da Nang
Ranked #7 of 294 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed March 4, 2011

we spent 10 days at Fusion Maia and we were extremely pleased with almost everything. The resort is brand new (less than 1/2 year) the concept is great. We do not know of another resort that includes all spa treatment in the room rate. If you enjoy spa then this is definitely the resort to go to. The private villa concept is also amazing. Each room is in fact a private villa with private pool and private garden. The room lay-out, with enormous sliding windows on almost half the outside walls gives it a very open feel.

The staff is probably the highlight. The attentiveness and service is unparalleled in our experience in south-east Asia. Every wish we had was fulfilled and no request was denied. Even thou, the English of some of the staff was not perfect (yet) they did their very best and with the number of staff in the resort, there was always someone available who was able to help should there be a communication problem.

Even thou there were quite a number of families, we are not convinced that it is the best family resort. Water sport facilities are limited and considering the room rates, the use of body-boards and surf-boards should be included the room rate, also considering there were no lessons available.

The restaurants were very good; however, the restaurant "Five" was in our opinion too expensive (western prices - average 2 course dinner for two: USD 100) Due to the location away from the city, options where to eat are limited. The solution, take shuttle to Hoi An (UNESCO world heritage site) where you find an abundance of restaurants, bars and shops at very low prices.There was lots of resort building activity along the China Beach (where Fusion Maia is located) and the eating situation might probably change in a couple of years.

Overall, an amazing resort that we would go back to in a heart beat. We have great memories and highly recommend this resort to anyone!

2  Thank siegenthaler
Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed March 3, 2011

Pool Villas were great, very private, own pool and courtyard,accommodation on the wole was excellent. Spa treatments that are included in room rate were great. Great service overall. Food in restaurant also good and free shuttle service to Hanoinvery convenient. Wouldngo back for sure.

Reviewed March 3, 2011

I REALLY enjoyed my stay at Fusion-Maia, I could've stayed at the resort the whole time and not gone to visit any of the sites around town. It is truely a place for rest and relaxation and a feeling of beauty...I didn't want to leave. It took me a little while to understand the concept at first because it was so foreign to me that I could actually get UNLIMITED spa treatments, to my hearts desire...didn't think that was possible!... and why I would highly recommend this place to any spa lovers out there, especially since I payed as an extra guest in addition to my parents, for only $50 extra and got a comfy extra bed and also the Unlimited spa treatments and breakfast !...hello value!...By the way, you should ask how the breakfast works, b/c I didn't know that I could get it 24/7 and at any place I wanted. Aside from the breakfast, I ordered from the Dinner menu at the cafe, the Best Ceasar Salad I have ever had, very unique and very tasty in the way they prepared it... it is a bit pricey, like U.S. prices, but I felt that it was worth it...where else are you going to get that kind of food in Da Nang?

I was very impressed with the beautifully designed villa style rooms that really felt inviting, clean, luxurious and very private. The rain shower heads, loved them. Was amazed that each villa included a small infinity style private pool with a little courtyard. They also had free wi-fi so I could enjoy surfing the net.

The staff was great, excellent service, very personable, attentive, and friendly, and they give the space and privacy that I expected at a place such as this. Other neat thing is they offer a program of daily activities where some activities are included in your room price, I took a Vietnamese class given by one of the staff, no one else showed up, so I had a private 1 hour class for myself, nice!

Overall, the experience was a true thumbs up, the only few thumbs down were, that the weather was not so great, quite chilly in December, in the 60's-70's, I really wanted to swim... so i would recommend going after February when things warm up a bit...and also since it just opened, it seemed that they were still working out some of the initial operational kinks, like cleaning the floors of some of the main areas and getting the spa scheduling running smoothly . It was also confusing at first to understand this new concept, like what was available/included in my stay there...so please ask them so they can clarify for you.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I truly appreciate excellent service and extremel good food. I was more than satisfied with that at the Fusion Maia. I have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, the Four Seasons hotels and resorts and I had an exceptional stay at a new five star and that was awesome.

The people were so friendly and helpful at Fusion unlike those at the Nam Hai.

I noticed the waterfall in the spa... like a heaven.

I liked the stay. I am sad I did not make this my honeymoon.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Having been to Danang a number of times and have been staying at the other resorts over the last 3 years , basically short stays and so we decided to try this new resort. The rooms are large and well appointed and with the ptivate pool nice. however the rooms are built too cramped up. The spa session was a little disappointing seems the massage staff not good enough with their skills, suppose it;s still new . Anyway how many sessions could I have in one day one was enough for me and for my friend too. We did not do any food in the restaurant as the prices were on the high side and had our meals at the 4 U restaurant and at Hoi An old town. Next time will we stay in Fusion Maia , not likely as there are abundance of resorts new by and providing much more for much less.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spalover96
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My 16 year old daughter and I were travelling through Vietnam and read about this resort whilst at Ho Chi Mihn Airport lounge. We booked on line and headed there for 2 nights, we ended up staying 5...We didnt want to leave! After travelling for 10 days through Vietnam this was a welcome change of style of acomodation.
The Resort is beautiful, and very welcoming. The whole ambience of the resort is luxurious yet friendly. The villa was a welcome retreat. It was a great place to relax and be spoilt. The spa experience was fantastic, although some treatments varied depending on the therapist. The spa itself has been well thought out and delivers high end service with all the touches of the finest hotel, only it was all included in our room rate.
The food was fantastic in both restaurants, and the availability of breakfast at any time was a great option. We had very poor weather during our stay unfortunately, but couldnt have been in a better place to enjoy the room, spa, gym and service.
We did go to Hoi an on the complimentary shuttle and have some great clothes and boots made also.
I only have some minor feedback, and that is there was never enough hot water to fill the luxurious sunken bath tub in the room, and It would have been nice to have some email follow up from the hotel after our stay, which would have been a nice touch.
None the less this was one of the nicest resorts I have stayed in and am considering returning for my honeymoon in April.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The resort is nice but it has got too much developments going on in that area, the next door a resort still unde construction and the building so huge and high , in future guests will be looking into the Fusion Maia. The construction noise from the neighbouring resorts made it difficiult to rest in the afternoons and there were numerous power outages, very intruding and inconvient let alone the relaxing part. Stayed in other resorts did not have some interuptions power outages and so on surley not in a five star resort.. Rooms were good but nothing fantastic as the other resorts where I stayed are better.
Limitless spa sessions, we went for two sessions on the same day but found the therapists wre inexperienced and the next day our body ached. The staffs were friendly and helpful but experience counts.The food was grossly overpriced especially the local food's quality was average no better than those served in the local eateries. At night please try not to walk out of the resort because there was nothing there and Hoi an town is 30 minutes by a car. The beach and water was not good murky and too strong currents to have any decent swimming done. Guess that the resort has a long way to go and we would not be returning and would not recommend it if there are so many defects for a 5 star spa resort.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple