Fusion Maia Da Nang
$681
$85
$83
2,118 results
All reviewsspa treatmentsper dayprivate poolall day breakfastsunken bathunlimited spaspa menuour honeymoonincluded in the room ratefree shuttlemain restaurantthai massageeach guesttai chiyoga classesmain pool isthe resort offers
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I would probably give it a rating of between 3 and 4, above average but not very good. We spent five nights at this resort. Overall we enjoyed it. The staff were friendly but the service could be rather slow, particularly drink orders. My first impressions sitting in the bar area were not good. The floor was dirty and the sunken bar looked as though it could do with a good rub down where drinks had been splattered down the side of the bar and fridge.

The Spa area was lovely, although it took a long time to book treatments and although being asked what time you prefer you have to take what you can get. Many treatments are ridiculously short. I was taken for a back, shoulder and neck massage at 6.30 , taken to the treatment room, had the massage, waited for tea, drank the tea and was back in my room by 7.02!!! I found the 50 minute massage therapists the best.
The rooms are nice with an open bathroom and small outdoor pool. Again, the outside chairs and decking could have been a bit cleaner. The pool was spotless however. The coffee maker was dreadful. The coffee was so weak it looked the same colour as tea and when forced to drink tea because of this, the tea tasted of coffee as the water uses the same filter! A kettle would have been better.
The food was excellent overall. Breakfast was varied and it was nice to have the option of taking it in the Fusion lounge in Hoi an for a change. The pool side restaurant was lovely, after a few nights the menu did become monotonous and we ate out several times. The hotel, in my opinion, lacks an outside bar.

Overall, the setting is lovely but is not as wonderful as other reviews suggest.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Fusionmaiadanang, General Manager at Fusion Maia Da Nang, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Many thanks for your review and feedback. Sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We love to have the feedback whilst you are here in order that we can resolve any concerns on the spot. We have followed up on your comments on the bar and spa and are always looking to improve in all areas of the resort. Do ask for a kettle next time as they are available for guests who prefer this to a coffee machine.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at the resort, and if we'd known how much we'd enjoy our stay it would have been for a week at least. We checked in at 10pm and first impressions were excellent after being welcomed by enthusiastic staff who made a big effort to connect with us, and ensure we knew all about the resort. Luggage was swiftly deposited to our fantastic room with it's own plunge pool in a private garden.

Breakfast was varied and good quality and the spa treatments were top quality despite the number of guests availing of the 2 free treatments per day. It is worth making your appointments as soon as you know what and when you want it. The pool and beach are well appointed and looked after, and lunch was delicious at the poolside café.

It's 25 mins by hotel shuttle to Hoi An which is well worth visiting a number of times, but if you just fancy chilling out, immersing yourself in a few books and recharging the batteries then Fusion Maia is the place to go.

We spent 3 weeks in Asia staying at some beautiful hotels but Fusion Maia was undoubtedly our favourite.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed here for 7 nights last week and everything about it was perfect. I was on my own and just needed to get away from everything and this was ideal, I never felt uncomfortable being alone and could be as sociable or unsociable as I wanted.
Everything has been so well designed and carefully thought out. The villas are very quiet and private. The private pools are a decent size and the gardens are walled so you feel very secluded. You can order your breakfast which is included in the room price at any time 24 hours a day and have it brought to your room or on the beach or have it in the restaurant. This is a great idea so you never feel you have to be up by a certain time to eat. I stayed half board so had my dinner in the resort and every meal was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff are all fantastic and the treatments couldn't be better. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was looking for a short 'sun & beach' holiday and I have been to popular places like Phuket, Bali, Langkawi, etc. So this time we decided to give Da Nang a try after hearing to my friend's experience and it went surprisingly well.

The resort is close to the airport, just around 10-15mins ride. It's a pretty small resort but it's enough if you just want to do nothing else apart from enjoying the sun and the beach. Nice and welcoming staff. Clean room with simple decor. The pool in the villa is clean without leaves or bugs in it. My villa is very close to the beach and it only took me 2 mins to walk there. The beach is clean but the waves are big so to me it is not suitable for swimming but it's okay to just have fun in the water close to the shore. Food at the restaurant is delicious and not expensive. A bottle of local beer just cost 75000 Dong (around 3.5USD). But there is not much choices in the menu so I got bored after 2 days. But it's easy to go out to other restaurants in the city with a short taxi ride. I like the idea of 'breakfast anytime anywhere' very much. It just allows me to sleep till I naturally wake up (which to me is the essence of holiday!). And the included spa is good too. Service is up to standard. But the spa treatment, unlike in an usual spa menu, is rather short and is broken down into individual treatments(e.g. polish is one treatment, body wrap counted as another one). So the 2 guaranteed treatments actually just make up to one of those treatment you get in other spas. But it's included, who cares. The hotel has complimentary shuttle to Hoi An. The hotel runs a lounge there and we had breakfast there once and it's good to have a change. I am from Hong Kong so I am pretty used to old towns and Asian culture so I find the place not very interesting. But it's still good to just go out for a bit after staying in the resort for a few days.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

What a beautiful resort - hard to decide what was the best aspect! From the wonderful relaxing spa, exquisite food, room was sensational with own pool and the always happy staff. Cant wait to return!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel