“Just what we needed!”

Fusion Maia Da Nang
Ranked #5 of 286 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed February 4, 2014

After 3 weeks of travelling around Cambodia and Vietnam we ended our holiday with 4 nights at the Fusion Maia Resort, apart from disappointing weather we couldn't fault the resort. We had a very relaxing few days, enjoying the gym and fabulous spa treatments - the food was very healthy and was excellent in terms of quality and presentation, we were also very impressed with the drinks menu in particular the quality of wine available. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends - also find time to visit Hoi An it's definitely worth exploring.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BucksGilly

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Overall, I had a really good experience at the Fusion Maia. I am a traveler that prefers modern, design and boutique hotels rather than big, impersonal, institutional hotels, and the Fusion Maia was quite lovely - all low-rise (unlike some of the commercial monster hotels next door). The grounds were well-groomed, beach was lovely with soft white sand, and not crowded at all, with many lovely deck chairs facing the ocean.

The rooms were comfortable (although my husband's grouse was that the TV was in front of the bed instead of the sofa in the living room), the breakfast spread was good, with fresh juices, cappuccinos, local food, egg station etc. The room layouts were OK... but there is a glass bathroom be warned, so if you are traveling with someone other than your romantic other, there is no door to the bathroom area, and a full view of the shower from the bedroom (eventually this isn't really an issue as the glass bath will fog up with steam) - it's really better for couples though.

Having said that, the resort is VERY child friendly. I traveled with my husband and my 10 month old baby, and the staff were excellent. They really love babies there, and had a ball playing with him and entertaining him. There was also a children's playroom with a good sized ball pit. Empty all the time, like a private playpen for him. Great for kids!

The spa was so-so. There was renovation going on near my treatment room which was a little disturbing in terms of the sound. Quality of massage was good enough, not AMAZING, but satisfactory.

Last bit of feedback - there isn't a whole lot to do around Danang, so we found ourselves headed to Hoi An town every day. The commute is 30 minutes, which is just a tad long (60 minutes there and back). The hotel provided a very comfortable, convenient shuttle which dropped us at the heart of the old town. The 30 minute journey as a daily commute was just a little off-putting, there are hotels closer to Hoi An town, but probably not as pretty or stylish as the Fusion.

Price wise, it was reasonably good value for money, we paid about US$500 for our room for 3 days, 2 nights. I would definitely recommend it, and we would love to be back! We checked into the Nam Hai after that - which was, well, twice the price, but something else altogether.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jetsetter741
Fusionmaiadanang, General Manager at Fusion Maia Da Nang, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your comments and feedback. Our team is very family orientated so delighted to see you encountered this with your new addition to your family. We can put a curtain between the bathroom and bedroom on request for added privacy in case this is required.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My friend wanted to to book this room in Vietnam for $500 a night and I thought that sounded a bit price-y for Vietnam but she said the spa treatments were included so I agreed. But, let me tell you, this was the best experience, a similar luxury room, with a pool, by a ocean in the states would be at least $1000 a night, without anything else included. Not to mention the standard of service, beauty of the whole facility, and all the lovely spa treatments. The staff was completely accommodating to guest wish and the service was amazing. The location really is beautiful, and the villa was very very well designed and relaxing. A wonderful, wonderful spa resort experience, proximate to all the beautiful food culture of vietnam. Everybody at the resort seemed so happy.

1  Thank AnnieK112
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My daughter and I returned to Fusion Maia in January 2014 and this was our 4th visit to the resort in as many years. We love going there not only for the spa treatments but because of the tranquility the resort offers and the genuine hospitality from all the staff.
We volunteer in Da Nang so we usually finish our placement with a little luxury and Fusion certainly gives you that. We adore the spa and look forward each day to our treatments and the food in all restaurants is delicious and I believe the buffet breakfast is the best I have ever seen.
The pool villa is large enough for the two of us and the complimentary service to Hoi An each day assists with those last minute gifts that only Hoi An can offer.
No doubt we will return again and a huge thank you to Gillian ( who has taking over from Joe) for making us feel very special.
Thank You Fusion, you never disappoint!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Therese P
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Spa quite difficult to book and that the service is average. Food variety at hotel is quite limited. The interior design of the viila is quite formal, not relax enough. No electric pot for boiling water !

1  Thank YKP298
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Visited the Fusion Maia Spa for 4 nights in January 14' with 4 other friends. Everything was lovely. The food was fresh, plentiful and top notch. The resort restaurants were very nice with great service and personal attention. I especially loved their fresh ginger tea with chunks of fresh ginger in it. YUM.
They had an efficient FREE shuttle to take guests to and from the nearby historical city of Hoi An. There are so many things to do there in Hoi An and it is beautiful. After a day of walking around and enjoying the city, it was great to get back to the hotel/spa for treatments. I never had any problem booking additional treatments after the first 2 were completed. I did the body envelope with mud, aromatherapy facial, relaxing back and neck massage among other treatments. These were fabulous. The only thing I'd say about the spa treatments is that the mani pedis weren't nearly up to standard. They were more of a revarnish and not great ones at that. I also had a hair wash and treatment. I didn't like the head massage at all, but they styled my hair very nicely. You do have to make a separate appt to immediately follow the treatment if you want nice styling done.
The rooms were wonderful. Each one has a mini pool and the bath amenities are great. Unfortunately it rained mostly while we were there but we still enjoyed it. There is a great safe in the room. It's Ample size fit everything including camera lenses and a laptop together.
I arranged a photography outing in the country side and got some great shots. The people were very hospitable and I enjoyed that very much. We also took a cooking class at the Red Bridge Cooking school. That was so fun and the food was great. Yes, I would like to go back.

2  Thank RebeccaW803
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Hotel was fancy and SPA was really good.
I will select Fusion Maia for the next time of trip to Danang.
However, there's no warm swimming pool thus you have to check weather.
And Buffet is not very variety but under expectation for the five star but it provided additional main menu and you can select anywhere to enjoy your breakfast in any time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fusionmaiadanang, General Manager at Fusion Maia Da Nang, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your review and so happy to hear you really enjoyed the spa experience. We note the additional feedback...a new year ahead and we will be sure to include your feedback in our upcoming plans!