“Best and most relaxing family holiday EVER !!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fusion Maia Da Nang

Fusion Maia Da Nang
Ranked #4 of 234 Hotels in Da Nang
Toowoomba, Australia
“Best and most relaxing family holiday EVER !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have just returned from what can only be described as the most fantastic holiday ever in September 2013.
We had the privelage of staying 6 nights at the Fusion Maia. From the time we arrived we were treated like royalty. The resort is amazing, we had 3 Deluxe King pool villas that were just so beautifully decorated and each with our own plunge pool. The staff went out of their way to make our holiday a memorable one, right from the word go our very own fusionista, Sheena took us under her wing and always made sure we were comfortable and having a good time. The restuarant staff, Khan, Maia etc were wonderful and made us laugh on many occasions. We were so impressed with the food at the hotel that we found ourselves eating at the hotel every day. The attention to details is incredible, and the fact that everything is fresh even down to the amazing fruit juices and smoothies that we enjoyed every day. And then to top it all you have the included spa treatment, which was like heaven on earth. Fancy having 2 spa treatments a day ! So relaxing and invigorating. Thank you Fusion Maia and staff for making our holiday such a memorable one, we will definitely be back.
Fiona, Martin and Family

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fusionmaiadanang, General Manager at Fusion Maia Da Nang, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We're so happy to hear your family had the most relaxing holiday ever and we enjoyed having you stay with us and getting to know everyone.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

well we read the reviews and took a long time deciding on location, and decided after reading all the posotive ive reviews to go for the fusion maia. we decided to stay for 10 days and would have to say that on arrival the staff greeted us with genuine smiles and introduced the staff that would make our stay here amazing! this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in to date! the resort is amazing, clean, and well looked after the staff care and you dont have to think about a thing- as they see everything. the beach is lovely and i would reccomend the pool villlas as they are private and have everything you would expect for the price. enjoy the well run spa as this does make your holiday even more relaxing. would we come back yes, yes, we would

Room Tip: go for the pool villa
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tom s
Thank you for the amazing feedback, saying we're one of the best you have stayed at and most most importantly that you are wanting to come back - that's really special to us.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at the Fusion Maia, Da Nang in July 2013 a total of 15 days. This hotel lived up to all the positive reviews on trip advisor. We had a wonderful time. Very attentive staff who went out of their way to ensure we had a great holiday. The food was excellent and the service first class. The Spa exceeded all expectations and you can easily book all your treatments. The rooms were spotless, the pool outstanding and the gardens beautifully maintained. We had such a good time we have just rebooked for 16 nights in July 2014. Can’t wait to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brendan H
We're so excited that you have had such a good time and have booked your stay for next year! July is going to be a beautiful sunny month and time flies, before you know it you'll be on a plane heading to Fusion again!
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am writing my review from the airplane on my way home so all the impressions of Fusion Maia are still fresh and present.

I spent 3d/4n here, intending to relax and have a break from the super fast-paced city I live in, Hong Kong.

It was pure heaven. I started my days with instructed yoga by the beach, had breakfast from a great variety of food, went swimming in that beautiful infinity pool, lounged by the beach, took walks along the seashore in beautiful clean, fine sand, came back to my spacious pool villa, read books from their spa-library, slept, had an amazing spa treatment at the end of the day....
It couldn't have been any better.

That place is perfect if you want to be lazy and just chill all day.
It's a very tranquil, peaceful, well structured, clean oasis of luxury.

If you want a bit of more "action" you can take the air-conditioned, free shuttle bus who runs a couple of times per day to the ancient city of Hoi An.
There are cute little bars and cafés, shops, museums, boats to ride on, bikes to rent etc.

The staff is super friendly, always approachable, never pushy in any way.
They really try to read your mind and fulfil your requests before you even have to ask.
You will meet your "Fusionista", a lovely lady designated to care especially for guests who speak the same native language as she does.
Mine was Sheena, very attentive, always concerned about my wellbeing, absolutely fantastic.

There is really nothing I can complain about.
My highlights of the day were the spa treatments (included in the room-rate!) always carried out very professionally by each and every different therapist I had.

They are all friendly, some more shy some more open. I always ended up chatting about personal things. It was very refreshing to talk to them.

Previous reviewers complain about lack of English knowledge of staff..., a few don't speak too well, but you can just ask the next person who is always right around the corner and someone will help you out.

That was my second visit, just me myself and I.

I was here a couple of weeks ago with my husband and our 3 year old daughter, who also enjoyed it a lot.

I think the resort is not really meant to cater for kids as it really is a place of quiet.
There is a kids menu at the restaurants and they do have a small kids-playroom.
Our daughter got a little spa-manicure there and her hair braided. She loved it.
We also joined a cookie making class for kids.
Also here, staff -especially female, were super attentive towards our daughter, played with her and fooled around with her.
Her favourite element is water, so she basically spent most of the time at the infinity pool or the beach and didn't need any other entertainment.
For guests who want absolutely peace and quiet there is a second large pool with a waterfall at the spa area where are no children allowed.

The three of us will definitely be back at Fusion Maia.
Hopefully soon...!!!

Room Tip: All pool villas are the same, it's a small resort so you can easily walk to all the facilities.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank HKgirl2013
You have found the perfect way to balance city life with a quick relaxing and rejuvenating spa get away! Thank you also for the lovely feedback about Sheena, your Fusionista. See you soon!
hong kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a 7 nights golf package.we played at 3 different golf courses and the great thing is that you can drive the buggy into the fairway considering the hot and humid weather in vietnam!A fusion maia staff was assigned to make sure that we fully enjoyedour stay.the food in the main restaurant was a bit off, so we told the staff and she got us the chef to cook us excellent seafood , so no complaints anymore!we will certainly visit again next sept but we would like to stay at the intercontinental first!
ps they have a lounge in hoi an which is a very good idea because you can go early and have breakfast there before exploring the ancient city

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank andreallps
Happy to hear you enjoyed the Golf Experience package! Three wonderful courses in our area designed by Greg Norman, Colin Montgomerie & Nick Faldo only 90 minutes away from Hong Kong. Look forward to welcoming you back next year.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This time, i came with 2 other gal friends. To set the context right, here is my review previously http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298085-d1823746-r141299500-Fusion_Maia_Resort-Da_Nang_Quang_Nam_Province.html. For this stay, i think the team at fusion maia has up the par and met my even higher standard. To start, this is a rare resort who listens and take every feedback seriously. The room given to me was alittle smaller as compared to my previous stay esp when the additional bed was set up. I casually ask if there is a diff in size for the pool villa. Next thing i know, guest services called and offered viewing for another villa which is slightly bigger. If we so decide to change, they will do it. (they could have ignored my passing remark). Same for my spa treatment, i requested not to have the same masseur for my next massage as i thought she was not thorough.The next thing i know, the operations manager took down my comments and offered to add on the same treatment to my existing 2 so that i can have a real and hopefully experience. So, for the next day, i was given my initial 2 + a repeat of the previous day's treatment. Also, in my last review, i highlighted the minor inconvenience as there is no door to the toilet area (i am always with 2 other travelling partners), this time round, they offered to fix curtains. I must say that i am very very impressed. To add on, the resort never "age" after a year. Kudos to the team for the high standard of maintenance.
If i really need to nitpick, i will state 2 things. 1) breakfast selection: my first trip was a 4d3n stay, this round is 5d4n. I am considering 7d6n next year but judging from the br, eakfast spread, i might be unhappy after the 4th breakfast. The separate ala carte menu is a nice touch but offering the same porridge, pho and standard american spread like sausages, potatoes, mushroom etc seriously is terrible after the 3rd day. 2) it would be an additional nice gesture to offer transport to danang city in addition to the existing hoi an town. Like i say, i am really nitpicking ...
Tonight is my last night and we are very reluctant to leave.. Thus, i am already planning my 3rd trip back next year with much longer duration. Can't wait.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
This is great news! We really like to keep our resort dynamic as we have many return guests and want you to be able to see changes, improvements and new surprises on every visit. Look forward to your third visit and hope we can surprise you again.
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

First it is important to note that it poured with rain for our entire stay, so it does influence the review slightly. Having said that, we had a great time, and even with the rain, because of the spa service, we were never bored!!

The highlights of this hotel for us were;

1. The staff! The staff! The staff! The management team here have done an incredible job at bringing the often shy Vietnamese out of their shells - this is definitely a place to have a great time with all of the people who work at the resort! They are super friendly, whilst always being very professional and helpful. When you arrive you also get appointed with a Fusionista who is basically your go to person for anything and everything while you are staying at the resort - and they are super helpful and organised, and talking to some other Aussies who set their Fusionista some pretty unusual challenges, they are also very resourceful!! Ours was an incredibly lovely lady called Gillian from Scotland - she was just brilliant, made us feel totally at home. It is a brilliant idea for a resort like this!!

2. The concept - and this applies not only to the minimum gauranteed 2 spa sessions per person per day, but also to the way they integrate the 'themes' of the day in to everything that happens in the resort. I am not really a spa/ massage person, but because of the rain I didn't really have a choice - and after 3 days at Maia Fusion, I am converted! We were also their on 'Get Social' day, and agreed to join a communal dinner of local Vietnamese cuisine - we had a brilliant night bonding with three awesome girls from Australia and one from Switzerland - the concept worked!!!

The resort itself is a bit closer to Da Nang than it is to Hoi An - but there is a free shuttle, so no issues. The decor is quite 'urban', probably too much so for my particular taste - it didn't really feel very Vietnamese, you could have been anywhere in the world. But having said that, the villas are great, nice and spacious, perfect size pool, comfy bed etc. Not what I would call luxurious, but very comfortable.

The public areas are the bits that we weren't really convinced about - the beachside restaurant was completely souless and the main restaurant in the centre of the resort was again very 'city' and not very resort like for our taste - but the food was mostly very good and again the staff were amazing. The pool was nice, but we couldn't find anywhere relaxing for a drink, which was perhaps a bit because of the terrible weather.

This is definitely a fantastic place to visit, I would highly recommend it to anyone and we would love to go back - hopefully without the bad weather!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BevanMelb
Thank you for complementing our "Fusion Stars". It is part of our philosophy to focus on keeping our style natural and real and we like to support, develop and bring out each individual's special character.

We love to get creative for special occasions, or give you our local restaurant tips and advise, so feel free to brainstorm ideas with your Fusionista during your stay!