1) Staff are (for the most part) very friendly, polite, helpful, and cheerful.
2) Hotel offers shuttle bus service to Hoi An
3) Quick/prompt check-in and iPad can be borrowed at no charge (for spa & beach villas)
4) Bathroom is spacious with two (his & her) sinks
5) Buffet breakfast (at Five restaurant) has a wide range of choice and is of high standard
6) Food at Fresh poolside restaurant is good (much better than expected). Recommend eating here for lunch / dinner vs. Five restaurant - the banh mi and vermicelli are yummy!
7) Lovely long stretch of beach - go for a long walk and enjoy the view
8) Free WiFi in the resort, including rooms
1) Shuttle service to Hoi An needs to be more frequent for guest convenience. At present, the day-time options are to travel there at 9:00 or 14:00 and return at 14:45 or 19:45, i.e. somewhat limited!
2) Abysmal late check-out service - we requested a late check-out of 1.30pm (48h in advance of the day of check-out) and were informed that they would let us know if this was not possible. The reception staff never got in touch to say that late check-out could not be accommodated, so we planned our final day with a check-out of 1.30pm in mind. The reception then contacted us at 12:10pm on our final day to inform us that late check-out was not possible, and requested we check-out immediately. Suffice to say, this is not 5* service. We complained that they could have informed us earlier but they said that we were uncontactable due to having spa appointments booked at 10am. A note under our room door, or a message with the spa reception, would have helped, or perhaps, a call before 10am....This inevitably is the lasting impression of the hotel that we have taken away with us.
3) Bear in mind that if you go during the rainy / monsoon season in winter, it can rain a lot (sometimes everyday and for prolonged periods) and you will most likely have very little to do in the resort given that it's too cold/unpleasant to swim in the pool or sea and that spa treatments are limited to 2 per day (you will struggle to get more than 2 appts per day). There is a games room, but there is only so much ping pong, playstation and pool/snooker that one can play...!
4) The spa is ok, not top-notch. The staff seem to be trained to do the whole spectrum of spa services - massage, manicure/pedicure, hair wash, facials etc - so don't expect them to be specialists at any of the services. Book a day massage over a night massage if your itinerary permits - we had 5 night massages and 1 day, and the day massage stood out as being the best, in terms of quality and professionalism. Coincidently, the day massage was on our final day, so it could be attributed to special treatment (to leave a lasting impression)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a stunning beachfront location and a range of elegant private pool villas, plus Fusion’s unique “all-spa inclusive” and “breakfast anywhere, anytime” services, Fusion Maia Da Nang is, we think, the sort of place to lose yourself and find yourself, all at the same time. For unforgettable cultural encounters, we’re also situated within easy reach of three UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Ideal for couples, honeymooners, solo travellers, or families, the art of relaxation is available to all. Blending healthy living with understated luxury, Fusion Maia Da Nang is more than a resort - it’s a way of life. For us, it’s also the cornerstone of the entire Fusion family. With an emphasis on wellness, sensibility, and refreshingly original concepts, our core values can be found in everything we do here. And if you’re not saying “Wow!”, we’re not doing it right. You see, at Fusion Maia Da Nang, we’re not like other resorts. We’re different. For a start, we think that shaking off the distractions of the modern world is one of the most important parts of any vacation. That’s why we’ve developed our unique “all-spa inclusive” concept. Yes, that’s right. For each night stayed at a Fusion Resort, our extensive spa menu and wellness programme including activities such as yoga, meditation and tai chi, are all at your disposal, and at no extra cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Fusion Maia Da Nang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fusion Maia Hotel Da Nang