“Beautiful resort on the beach”

Pullman Danang Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 284 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Beautiful beach resort with private beach, hotel swimming pool look absoulty beautiful, bad luck, we went the weather was too cold to use. and hotel doesnt have a indoor swimming pool which is a shame. Hotel offers airport pickup and shuttle bus to Hoi An, we took advise from Receptionist we chose to visit Hoi An in the afternoon, the night view of this ancient town is more attractive and enjoyed dinner and drinks sit along the riverbank. Young Driver i forgor his name, he is very helpful and enthusiastic. Hotel is seated some distanse from the Da Nang city and just a little restaurant choice We would come back and visit in the hot weather next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ser7ena
There are newer reviews for Pullman Danang Beach Resort

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, modern and well run. The rooms are spacious, spotlessely clean and furnished with modern furniture. The private beach and the pool area are absolutely gorgeous. We had breakfast in the large, airy restaurant. The large selection of dishes was enough to satisfy any food taste. The service was polite and prompt. It was great to sit next to the huge glass windows to enjoy our breakfast while looking out to the beach and the pool area.
Our check in and check out were handled quickly and professionally. Next time we are in this area, this will be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors, facing the the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
hoteliergmdanang, Manager at Pullman Danang Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Curiousrover,

Thank you for your recent review of our resort.

We are certainly impressed to receive such glowing report on your experience of your stay. Especially considering the amazing destinations and Hotels you have enjoyed on your travels.

Thank you so much again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Pullman Danang Beach Resort Management

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Staying in the 5-star Pullman Da Nang Beach Resort for a heavily discounted price offered in the November sale for Accor Club members was excellent value. Like its neighbours along the China Beach international resort strip, the Pullman's imposing design is not strong on charm. But that is more than compensated by the facilities, the service (the restaurant staff were particularly and friendly) and location right on the beach with a lovely view view around to Monkey Mountain rising above the Linh Ung Buddha statue. After a morning of sightseeing it was a pleasure to spend an afternoon by the pool, capped off with a swim and 30 minutes exercise in the well-equipped poolside gym. We look forward to staying again at this top hotel to visit the Da Nang attractions we missed ot on during this trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I had the most lovely stay at the Pullman resort. The staff were delightful and always willing to help. The food was delicious - loved the nitrogen ice cream and the buffet breakfast was fantastic. Great facilities, beautiful room. We took the complimentary shuttle to Hoi An almost every day and it was just lovely to come home to this beautiful resort every day. You can totally tell it was 5 star. Once again though the stand out for me was the staff, they were among the most lovely people I have met on my trip.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosemlill
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights with my wife and son. I booked the hotel because of some of the positive reviews on TA and because it was available (I booked at the last minute to travel between Christmas and New Year).

Airport Pickup
The resort provide complimentary shuttle between ariport and resort. I booked a shuttle and also confirmed the flight details a few days prior to arrival.

Amazingly, there was no one to pick me up! I walked around the airport arrival hall and cannot find the hotel person. In the end, I phoned the resort and managed to talk to someone. They said they will send a driver down immediately.

After 15 mins after the call,the driver arrived. He was very apologetic and claimed that he picked up some passengers who claimed to be me and sent them to the resort only to realize that I am still there.

I was initially skeptical but later believed him. The names are held up with the resort logo and it is possible that someone who is also checking into the resort just said that they are the ones. It is also possible that there are some language problems as well.

Check-in
At the check-in, all seems to be fine. I complained about the pick-up and a senior looking man (not sure of his name) was very apologetic.

Villa
I booked a villa which is nestled in a little 'village' with other villas and away from the main hotel area. One thing that we realized is that it has a open concept bathroom. When we checked in we realized that there are workmen working on the roof of the main building and they can look right into the bath room. I understand the concept of open bathroom and like it but do not want people to look in on my family. The down-side is that there is no curtains or other means to block off the windows. This is something I don't understand.

The staff is again apologetic and appointed workmen to help to put up temporary curtains. They were very prompt in this. They also assured me that the repair work is finished and it will not happen again. We requested for a change of villa and we were moved to another villa the next day.

As you can see there are mixed experiences that I have. There are mistakes but the staff's attitude to try to resolve issue is very strong.

Hoi An
There is a free shuttle to and from Hoi An. This was pretty good. My family took the shuttle to HoI An. Note that one need to 'pre-book' the shuttle and it appeared to be 'full' almost all the time.

Spa
i went to the spa and had their signature massage. They have 'packages' which is at 40% off. As such, I can book the discounted package consisting of the signature massage, body scrub and a relaxation moment with fruits at less cost then the signature massage alone!!! and why didn't the staff tell me that!!!!

Anyway, it was with a spa therapist which was pretty good. I really enjoyed the experience but it was not 'exceptional'. When I book a massage for my wife, we did not specify the therapist as I am thinking she might get another therapist.

In the end, she said that the experience was very bad, she didn't get any welcome foot massage or welcome drink etc. and the massage was not good.

Again, very mixed experiences

Meals
We ordered room service a few times. The food is pretty good. The pizza and pad-thai are good. Breakfast is also included in the plan. The breakfast spread was quite large. However, the staff appears to be over-worked and service can be uneven (coffee, leading you to a table etc can be slow). But if one does not have high expectation of buffet, it is fine. The fruits is exceptional. You should definitely drive the Vietnamese coffee. Very nice.

We had lunches and dinners at the resort as well. One thing I noticed is that the staff will generally ignore my son. It is definitley not a family orientated resort. like when we ordered bottled water, they will pour two adult glasses for wife and I. And my son doesn't need to drink????

They also do not provide any kids cutlery which is disappointing but not unacceptable. However, they took away the setting (plates, forks etc) lay out for adults in front of my son. So how is my son going to eat???

Kids club
The kids club is a disappointment, it is situated in a basement like an after thought. Looks darks and unwelcome.

Check-out
During the checkout one of the female staff who checked us in came and talked to me. She said that she hoped that my stay is pleasant and also asked to be pardoned by any service laspes as they are in a busy time right now.

I guess I would have given the resort 3 stars if not for the fact that I had that conversation with her.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Villa with an outdoor living area. But I was there in winter and it was a little too...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Woon T

Mixed Experience with this Hotel

Dear Woon T,

Thank you for your recent review of your resort.

I would like to apologise for the shortcomings in our service delivery to you and your family during your recent stay over the Christmas/New Year period. Whilst it is true that we were indeed very busy we cannot allow that to pass as an excuse for the inconsistences in our service delivery.

We obviously need to tighten our procedures for airport pickup to ensure we don’t miss anyone upon arrival. Also the construction work that caused you concern for workmen being able to see into your villa was not a regular occurrence and will not be happening in the future.

I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in the spa and we I am very disappointed that your wife did not. We will follow up with our Spa Manager and look into staff straining and operating procedures to see how things went so poorly for your wife and how we can ensure that we improve.

To be honest I am very shocked to hear that our team weren’t attentive towards your son. Vietnamese people in general are very family oriented and normally love children so this really surprises us. We are purchasing kids cutlery sets as you are 100% correct- we should have them.

Thank you once again for providing the feedback about your stay. I would hope that we do get the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our resort sometime in the near future.

Regards,

Pullman Danang Beach Resort Management

Reviewed January 25, 2014

* Good things : Good location near the city center, free shuttle to Hoi An twice a day, free pick up service from/to airport, very delicious dinner in Epice restaurant, kind staffs, business center for internet & print out. The best was complimentary upgrade to villa. I was an Accor platinum member so front desk manager greeted me and my room was upgraded from Juinor suite to villa. I really appreciate manager's hospitality now. * Bad things : just one swimming pool where too small, very crowded at breakfast in Epice restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Really loved this hotel. The personal was very friendly and great service. We had dinner in the hotel’s restaurant one day and the food was excellent. The Rome service food was also great.The hotel also had a nice pool area and a private beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple