“What's happened?”

Ranked #6 of 274 Hotels in Da Nang
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“What's happened?”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular at Accor Group hotels as they never disappoint. On my previous business visit everything was great. Nice services, good food in a very attractive setting. This time though it's completely different. Just to be sure it wasn't just me, I asked my colleagues and all said the same thing - the service is noticeably less attentive (we often had to ask staff to take away plates or replenish drinks during our dinner) the food is uninspired.... To be fair there is a typhoon in the offing with many provisions in place but except for some winds and heavy rains (nothing that hasn't been seen in Saigon) I'd hardly describe the weather as something to be distracted over. I will have to think long and hard before returning here. I do hope they can right the ship.

• Stayed September 2013
hoteliergmdanang, Manager at Pullman Danang Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear sst36

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that we did not reach our usual level of service to meet your expectations.

It is true that there was the possibility that Typhoon Wutip would make landfall at or near Danang. During its movement towards to coast it was forecast to contain possible wind gusts of up to 240 kilometers per hour. Even at lower wind levels than this it is a situation that we must take very seriously. Unfortunately there is no weather radar for real time weather reports and many sources of typhoon forecasting provide sporadic and sometimes conflicting updates on the typhoon progress. Moreover due to the unpredictable nature of Typhoons we are required to make logistic and operational plans that minimized the risk to both our 298 guests and our 340 employees. The resort has procedures and risk management plans in place to reduce its normal staffing levels to ensure we don’t unnecessarily endanger our employees by requiring them to travel outside during a typhoon. Over 54 staff volunteered to reside in the resort overnight to ensure we had staffing levels to provide sufficient levels of service under the circumstances. We did try to communicate this to our guests through various mediums without causing alarm. We were very fortunate that Typhoon Wutip did not make landfall in Danang.

We will use this feedback as an opportunity to review and improve our focus on our guests and service delivery should a significant weather event such as this occurs again. I am sure our service levels are back to normal and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Regards,

Pullman Danang Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Best place to have a fantastic Australian Steak in Da Nang! Cooked to perfection; great starters on the menu as well as a wine list with outstanding choice. Special thanks to Hom for her friendly service in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BM Raffael S
World Wide Traveller
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Traveled there for a 3 nights stay and we stayed in a nice family room.
All was functioning well, Air conditioning, WiFi, many TV channels, airport pick-up.
The view from the lobby ( and from the beach towards the hotel at night) is just great, very pleasant layout of the building, poll, beach and blue sea, just like a postcard....
Breakfast buffet was good, nice danish but croissants could be better, and I tasted the eggs Benedict, something not many hotels provide nowadays.
Further on the beach we rented a Jet Ski as the one of the hotel was under repair.
Hotel staff was friendly, poll is good, and we tried the liquid nitrogen ice cream in the bar, funny, tasty and pricey. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Benchmarker
Zollkon, Schweiz
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very nice beach location, however the service is very unfriendly. I was very disappointed as my agreed airport pick up dis not work out. After my complaint the manager said they would make that up to me. He meant one of his staff bothering me with a lame story why things did not work out, first by phone an then physically.
A refund of my taxi expense would have been sufficient.
Check in took at least 15 minutes even though I was the only customer.
The infinity bar was closed at 11 PM, so not for people who are not yet retired.
to be fair, the rooms are very nice and the location as well. The breakfast buffet is rather disappointing and the service again below average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
hoteliergmdanang, Manager at Pullman Danang Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Mr Bivetti,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with our Resort in August was disappointing.

Clearly our service systems failed with your airport transfer. If you wish to contact me directly we would be only too happy to refund your taxi fare from the airport. My email is gm@pullman-danang.com

In regards to the other matters we absolutely aim to exceed our guests expectations and in the main we appear to have failed in this instance. For this we apologize. I do hope that we can discuss in further detail the areas of our breakfast buffet and other service issues that you mention so that I can better understand how we have not met your expectations.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Pullman Danang Beach Resort Management
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had the utter joy of spending 5 days at this unbelievably beautiful resort. The villa was just magical, especially the lounge area and oh so comfortable extra large bed. Showering in the outside shower was fantastic as well.The dinner at the restaurant was one of the best I have ever had, with the meal being cooked at the table, including the absolutely delicious ice-cream. We would have liked to taste alot more of the many flavours that were offered.Our greatest delight during this stay was with the level of service we received by every staff member, who made us feel special. They were always smiling and very friendly and made the point of always greeting us and asking how our day had been. It was truly a wonderful experience that we will remember for ever.

Room Tip: The villas were on the quieter side of the resort (although noise was never an issue) due to their b...