“Fabulous introduction to Vietnam”

Pullman Danang Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 283 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our introduction to Vietnam was fantastic, and the Pullman resort was outstanding during our four night stay. Being met at the airport by a driver with a cold face washer and iced drink was a great start on a hot day. Our room was beautifully appointed and had a great view. The impressive facilities were only surpassed by the incredibly friendly, helpful, smiling staff who spoke very good English and helped us no matter what our enquiry was. Also impressed that the staff remembered our names. We thoroughly enjoyed the buffet breakfasts, have never experienced such a vast range of options - both western and Vietnamese - we tried everything! My wife had a massage in the day spa and enjoyed the peaceful ambience and great treatment.
The resort is brilliantly positioned - on the beach side of the exciting and rapidly expanding city of Da Nang, but it is also easy to experience (via the resort's shuttle bus service) the charm and historical beauty of nearby Hoi An.
The Pullman resort is fabulous holiday destination with a great team that make you feel really special. We will certainly be recommending it to our family and friends and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 143DavidT143
There are newer reviews for Pullman Danang Beach Resort

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was our 3rd choice before we decided to stay for 7 nights in late June. It's a relatively small hotel, approx 1km from My Khe beach and its profusion of seafood joints and a 6km taxi ride from central Da Nang. There are a bunch of laundry and massage places right outside the main entrance of the hotel as well. We stayed in a junior suite, inc extra bed which worked out to around S$290/night, for 2 adults and 2 children. +ves free shuttle to Hoi An, whenever we went to the pool the waiter always brought us a jug of ice cold water without being asked, room was cleaned twice a day, room was massive, breakfast was varied and fresh which was important given length of our stay. -ves except one front office guy named Son the rest of the staff did not really speak English well at all, so sometimes difficult to make ourselves understood. The staff were enthusiastic and always helpful so it was a shame lack of communication meant they couldn't be more effective. LOCAL tourist seem to love this place. When we arrived, the hotel was FULL of local tourists, who were very loud, very rude( throw rubbish, spit, don't Q at breakfast lines). Thankfully they mostly checked out on Sunday but there was a fresh crowd back in on the following Friday again. Given its supposedly a 5 star property, the local tourists did spoil my stay somewhat. No fault of the hotel, but be warned. The concierge staff also deserve special mention, bent over backwards to get us from airport after we were 3 hours late due to flight delay, and again on arranging for our trip to Hoi An, Cham Island (waste of time!) and all other enquiries.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chrisneoh69
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Where do I start with this fabulous resort? There are so positives to comment on Pullmans I will highlight the basic facts that my family of six experienced.
1. General manager greeted my family, by name, upon embarking from taxi. Who does that?
2. Private beach directly outside resort pool with beach activities available and full time life guards.
3. Breakfast provided a large range of fresh western cuisine, pastries and Vietnamese food. Ask for the Eggs Benedict, they were sensational.
4.Swimming pool is family friendly, clean and safe. Lifegaurd on duty at all times.
5. Gardens and surroundings were presented beautifully.
6. Facilities and gymnasium were clean.
7. Every staff member were encountered ensured our stay was memorable. Warm friendly smiles. I cannot express enough how nice it feels that each staff member greets you by name and ensures that you are enjoying your stay. From the first day of our stay at Pullmans they made us feel as though we were the most important guests in the world. WOW.

After our stay at Pullmans we continued on to another resort in Hoi An. Pullmans Resort provided free transport to our next destination at no cost. I unknowingly accidently left my camera in the bus and Minh, the driver, returned to our new destination half an hour later and returned my camera. Thankyou Minh for your honesty.

All staff at Pullmans are to be commended. Dins at the pool bar goes out of his way to make your stay comfortable. Breakfast staff extremely pleasant as is all staff at Pullmans.

I would definitely stay here again, it is only a short drive to Hoi An each day and close to Marble Mountains and Ba Na Mountains which are a must.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Brett W
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent a couple of nights here for our honeymoon. The hotel was above all expectations, completely new, great rooms and amazing public areas, including the beach, beautiful infinity pool, the restaurants and spa. We ate at the beach barbeque where the food was very fresh and made to order.
You definitely need to get the liquid nitrogen ice cream. They make it in front of you which is a must see and they have a huge choice of flavors. Try the passion fruit…amazing!!
The SPA is beautiful with lovely treatment rooms. You have an area to relax after with loungers and great steam-room and sauna. The staff are very caring and attentive to every detail and extremely well trained. The Aromatherapy massage was one of the best I had in my life, (and I have had a fair few) perfect pressure and they finish it up with hot steamy towels to clean your body, which was a great touch.
The resort is beautiful and the staff very friendly. Great for kids and loads of activities and very reasonably priced. Transfer bus to hoi an, which is very convenient and also very close to Da Nang city.
Staff made us feels at home all the time. It was a great experience and would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I had a Spa Pool Suite which had a nice view out towards the ocean blighted a little to the side by the new property being built next door

There's still some building noise and a lot of activity during the day so it did not always feel as private as I would have liked as there were workmen around

Never the less it was possible to close that out by shutting the doors but... Should I have to?

The room was large and I enjoyed the lovely big shower spa pool and nice Roger and Gallet toiletries

Bed comfortable but....wifi was patchy and kept falling out

I had the most amazing massage treatment which was peaceful and relaxing and enjoyed free use of sauna and steam room afterwards

I loved the Nitrogen ice cream too

I used the pool but... the noise became unbearable with screaming children when the large group returned

The buffet spread was fabulous as was the special treatment I got when I turned up for breakfast but.. I was horrified at the noise that greeted me from the dining room.

I had been warned prior that there was a large group in approximate 250 people who were from the North. These folk were not cultured and were so noisy as were their children and they were bringing in all sorts of food from outside, including Durian and wine at breakfast!!

I said it was not possible for me to eat there as the noise was just unbearable. The staff lady said she would bring my food to the lobby area for me as its quieter but then asked me to follow her into a private room where I was treated royally during my stay - thank you!

I was told these locals were factory workers. I have nothing against anyone but...these guests seem at odds with their full paying Western guests who have very different needs and expectations of a beach stay which includes tranquility, peace and quiet and uninterrupted rest in their rooms and by the pool. Sadly these things were all disturbed by these locals

Pullman needs to decide which guests they want and get their marketing right as this is not the recipe for success. These two segments do not mix well as their needs and requirements are very different

I may return and will watch the feedback to see which guests Pullman chooses over the next year or so. As they have recently bought this property from local lady they are clearly still working through their options

My Khe beach area is seriously under development so lets hope it does not get over done

One to watch

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Minkamonka
Reviewed June 22, 2013

A short stay at Pullman but we have enjoyed very much. Room is well done, luxury. The beach and pool are appealing for a sunny hot weather. The breakfast buffet was a feast, large selection and variety of food. Love it. Would come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
hoteliergmdanang, Manager at Pullman Danang Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

9za,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on you stay at Pullman Danang.

We are glad you enjoyed the luxury of the Resort and its facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Danang again soon.

Regards,

Pullman Danang Beach Resort Management

Reviewed June 20, 2013

i arrived in the afternoon and was welcomed by an iced drink and a chilled face washer (was needed as it was very hot!) after settling in i made my way down to the pool bar and got an extra large cocktail which was amaze!! i stayed for 10 days and everyday i was rewarded with outstanding food and service. During my visit i attended a function and it was supurb! Pullman Danang ticked all the boxes for me and i am excited to be staying there again soon!! :)

Room Tip: penthouse suite (floor 6) had amazing views!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank julie b

julie b,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad you enjoyed your overall Pullman experience in Danang.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Regards,