These two days were booked for relaxation at the end of a busy 2 week stay in the Southern half of Vietnam. After getting over the initial confusion and disappointment of booking an "Ocean View Villa" which only had views of the ocean from the master bedroom, we were upgraded to a "Beachfront Villa" which was more in keeping with our expectations. This would be an excellent place for a family or couple just to chill out away from the rat race and in that sense it suited our purpose and was enjoyable. Having said that however we had to pay $20 US for a taxi to take us to a supermarket in Da Nang for a few basic supplies as there were no local markets or small restaurants within walking distance of the resort. In fact the resort is completely isolted with no neighbouring resorts until the Mercure down the road is completed. The alternative to eating at the resort each night was to taxi about 10-15 mins to a selection of restaurants on the waterfront at DaNang and if you want to just chill out that can be an obstacle. If you are looking for 5 star accomodation and service, it is sadly lacking. While the Beachfront villas are huge and well designed they look somewhat old and tired. Most rooms had lovely views of the beach however this was the most uncomfortable bed we slept in (besides the plane seat) all trip. To be honest all 4 hotels we stayed at in HCMC, Can Tho, Hue & Hoi An which were rated around 3-4 stars were better maintained, had a better selection of food and had staff who spoke fairly fluent English. While the lady at reception was great at communicating, hardly any of the other staff were really on the ball when it came to taking food or drinks orders. If they are really serious about attracting overseas tourists at this price they need to lift their game in the communication department so proper service can be provided and they need to start employing staff in the quiet times to re upholster furniture and repaint walls etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Son Tra Resort & Spa is located along the crystal clear bay and private beach. Behind is the tropical misty forest mountain that adds to the place’s charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Son Tra Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Son Tra Resort & Villas Hotel Da Nang
- Swiss-Belhotel Son Tra Resort And Villas