“Nice location and room”
Review of Sun River Hotel

Sun River Hotel
Ranked #26 of 416 Da Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I only stayed for one day, but it was lovely. the rooms are comfy and large. very clean. the bathrooms are also larger than average. -mine had a 2 person jacuzzi tub! -per some of the other reviewers, yes, there seems to be a problem with odor coming from the bathroom drains, esp. if you have the ac on... but closing the door does the trick... view from the 9th floor restaurant is awesome! great drink selection from their bar, and ok prices. only 5 minutes from the airport!

Room Tip: Should choose the VIP room with very nice river view. 6 or 7th floor is the best
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 23, 2012

First time in Da Nang and stayed here for 3 nights. The location is very convenient and is on the main strip with restaurants, markets and stores all around. The river right in front of the hotel is very nice and clean. Perfect place to relax and take a stroll. Stayed in the VIP room and had a panoramic view of the city along with the river. Unfortunately we weren't facing the beautiful bridges that light up during the night but it was still a nice scene to wake up or end the night with. The bathroom was fairly clean. There was a sauna/bathtub that I didn't bother to use, only for showers. Room service came early every morning and would be a pain when I forgot to put the DND sign on the door. The only thing was the wooden floor in my hotel room, it looked like it was only swept and not mopped. If it was mopped then the wooden floors are in need of a new polish. The bar/cafe on the 9th floor I believe was nice and also had the same view from my hotel room. The staff there was very helpful when I asked where I was able to find a certain kind of authentic Vietnamese food. They took the time in finding it and also typing in the address on my phone so I can give it to the taxi. Really helpful in that sense! I would definitely come back when I return to Da Nang, such a beautiful city!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed here for 1 week. May 5th -May 12th 2012 on business.
Great Hotel, Nice location, rooms were clean, not spic and span, but clean, though the bathroom could have used a little work.
The showers are hand showers, and were mounted at a much shorter height than I was. Had to take them and attached them at a greater height to get an actual shower. Worked out very well.
Hotel staff were VERY friendly and VERY helpful and a few girls at the counter were VERY beautiful.
The food was okay, not the best, but was good. Coffee was awesome as always ^_^.
However at $70/night I expected a gym and a proper shower.
There was wifi on every floor (YAY ^_^) but did not work to well some of the time (Boo >o<) and the cable internet was not working (Grrrr >,,,,,<)
Location was right on the River so had a pretty good view especially at breakfast
What I definitely loved about the hotel was that if you were out late at night, they would go leave a bowl of fruit in your room which tastes awesome.
All in all great hotel, if it had a gym would definitely stay there again (Did I mention some of the front desk girls were hot :D)

Room Tip: Ask for room with a window and to face the riverside. Also stay out late at night so they will give...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank V U
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights from April7th. The hotel is near the Han river and local market. The room is not big but full equipped. (mini bar, coffee and tea, amenity, hair dryer, shoeshine, slippers etc.)
We've had welcome drinks on the top floor with very nice view of the Han river. Free Wi-Fi in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night enroute flying back to Kuala Lumpur from Danang airport. The hotel is facing the Han River. very good location and markets and eateries are nearby. The hotel is relatively new. The rooms are very comfortable and nice.Bathroom is large and water pressure and amenities are good. Breakfast was a wide apread and its located on the top floor facing the Han River. its really beautiful view from the top.I highly recommend this hotel as the service is good, breakfast is good, rooms are pretty new and well maintained and you just across from the famous Han River.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights from February 10th.

Good: the hotel room is clean but the room is very small compare to others in the price range. There are many eateries around the hotel.

Bad: It is not all bad, but the front desk reception services is sporadic at times. It depends on who is on at the time. One girl can be very nice and helpful while another is mean and rude. Just have to gamble with it. The bathtub is too small and elevated so high that a little person may have a hard time of stepping out after the shower. Just be extra careful NOT to slip and fall.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gauxtiger
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights to explore Danang and was pleasantly surprised at the modern design of the building and room finishings.

Check in was quick with the usual request to leave our passports at the reception and the porter brought our bags to our room on the first floor (one floor above ground) which we were grateful for as the next day, one of two lifts had to undergo maintenance (or repair).

The room was not huge but we appreciated the in-room safe deposit box that was missing from most hotels (in that budget) in Vietnam. The water pressure was adequate and for a hot shower, we had to leave the heater switch on for 10minutes so that the hot water wouldn’t run out after 10minutes.

The bed was perfect as it was neither too hard, or too soft. Sleeping in it, it reminded me of a good international hotel quality bed and the sheets felt and smelt fresh.

The room was generally very clean and I liked the fact that they had a waste bin in the toilet and in the room. In terms of TV channels, they had an average selection of English channels including MTV Asia, Star World, Starmovies, Discovery channel and HBO. They also had French language channels.

Based on the breakfast crowd, the clientele were mostly locals or Asians in town for work or leisure.

Location wise, the hotel is next to the Han market, and two travel agencies – one being the famous “The Sinh Café” tour agency (only 1minute walk away). There was no problems getting a cab either.

There isn’t a swimming pool or gym at the hotel. Just a restaurant on the 8th floor, and a café/bar on the 9th floor.

Breakfast was included in my hotel rate, and I quite enjoyed the spread of local breakfast items offered in the simple buffet. When I was in doubt on which sauce goes with what, the staff were helpful to point (literally) them out. There was an egg station where the chef ably whipped up omelets and sunny sides.

We also experienced exceptional service from the hotel when we left our jackets hanging in the cupboard when we checked out. It happened that as we left the room, we saw the housekeeper enter to turn over the room. Only when we reached Sinh café that we realised that we had left our jackets behind. Within a minute of realisation, the porter (who carried our bags to The Sinh café) came running with a bag containing our jackets. If I say I was glad, it would be an understatement.

Overall, the experience at Sun River was enjoyable and for a comfortable room that is value for money, you really should stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends