Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Morin Hotel at the top of Ba Na Hills.

Re the cable car ride - truly spectacular, breath taking scenery (but pricey at $20 dollars)

While Ba Na was once the site of French colonial villas remnants of it have been destroyed and the eco-system along the way as a faux disney theme park is being developed on top of the mountain.

Re the Morin - the manager is making a professional effort. My room (a suite) was very clean, nicely appointed and everything worked well from wifi to coffee maker along with an ultra chic shower. There is construction (a new gondola) but it starts at 7 and the windows actually deadend much of the sound (and the mindless karaoke in the courtyard stopped at a decent hour)

There is no bar at the Morin, no service to speak of and the only functioning restaurant Nha Hang (I think) is one of the worst experiences ever in Vietnam or globally. Poorly cooked dinner, inept non English speaking staff, no management to speak of - the redeeming feature being cheap beer and affordable wines. The breakfast buffet was sparse, hideous and the tables filthy. Attempts to get hot coffee were mocked and finally a kind lady microwaved a cold one for me. Hideous is an understatement.
There are no walking maps and literally next to NOTHING to do in Ba Na (although we found the empty spa was pleasant and semi professional with next to ZERO english proficiency.

So I give it "AVERAGE" Because the hotel was average due to the views, the cable car superb, the spa average and the food and ambience hideous. And, not surprisingly, the cable cars stopped suddenly for an hour since a Communist Party bigwhig was making a tour and they needed to wait for him.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank DrRoy52
Reviewed April 10, 2012

OK.....I have Lived in Vietnam for 5 years now. I have beent o MANY places through out this Beautiful Country with the "Hidden Charm" If there is Charm in Ba Na I just could not see it or feel it on 2 separate trips here. IT is only 30 mins form my home so I do not feel like I wasted a whole trip and all the money that some people must Loose when they travel far away to Visit this Pathetic SAD Excuse for a Mountain Resort. Ba Na Hills Gives a whole new meaning to the term
"Tourist Trap". I could go on about the Lack of service and EXTREME Lack of "Hospitality" ( I used to teach that here at a Hoa Sen Lotus University in Saigon) I lOVE Vietnam very Much but the unfortunate reality is that this country is Lagging way behind Thailand when it comes to Service and Hospitality issues. Ba Na is just One more example of this. It is the result of some super rich developer guy that had a Vision....Not sure what his vision was but he is doing one heck of a Job at ruining the Local Ecosystem with all the work going on around Ba Na Hills.
Oh so sorry....But the Cable Car ride is quite Nice actually...except for the terrible Elevator Music they Play inside the Cable Car. At Least the guy who did Vinpearl did a Much better Job with His Vision. Don't mean to be all down on this place but it just......well....does what a Shop Vac does very Well... I Will NEVER return to this Place. If you are a western Person reading this you might want to save your self the trip and go to Hoi AN or Hue. I LOVE Those places ; )

Room tip: Go To Hoi An or Hue !!
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank k9guru
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We took a detour from our Tet trip to Danang, on recommendation from a Vietnamese colleague. I think there is a fundamental issue with previous reviews - the resort has a number of account options, and some are better than others. We had a suite at Morin, and it was reasonably equipped and clean. It seemed to have been updated recently with new tiles and other stuff in the bathroom, and the television etc worked well.

There were money's outside the building, but they did not bother us in any way. Breakfast is rather spartan, but serves the purpose. The new entertainment centre is party operational and the kids enjoyed some of the rides. All in all, a good break from the big cities at a reasonable cost..

Date of stay: January 2012
4  Thank Abhishek S
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My god this place is ridiculous. The best part is the cable car ride. first of all I am going to just say that I was there recently in january. taken there with a tour planned by footprints vietnam. I think it was extreamly stupid to send us there on a very very foggy day, I had no Idea what to expect.

Reasons why you should Visit bana hill
- The view, if the weather is clear
- If you want to waste a day

Reasons not to visit it:
1. It is still under construction until 2013 (started in 2007!!!). I find this really really retarded, I saw pictures on the plasma screens and roads and everything seem al right. This just means that either they are very selective with how they choose to photograph this place or they built everything out of low quality materials.

2. The Hotel seems very disapointing, even though I didnt stay there i had a look around and it smelt of mold and was just gritty and unapealing.

3. It is a disapointment to the land it is built on. On the top of the hill there is a pagoda, and a giant budda statue (no idea if this is old). It has real opertunity for ecotourism and self sustainable tourism if you give it chance. maybe set out some trekking routes. even though there is a lack of animals it could be such a nice place for a 1-2 day trek...

I had such a bad experience there so there might be some bias to my story. Overall if you are short on time and heading between hue and hoi an just go straight past this place. Spend an extra day in hoi an, it is much more pleasant.

Date of stay: December 2011
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Larvin00
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The hotel was presentable, although as with many new developments in Vietnam, the finishing may not be high quality, but this didn't bother us and the room was fairly spacious, clean and had a large tv. In January, the mountain resort is covered in permanent fog - and so whereas the first half of cable car ride was astonishing, we were not able to see much during the latter half, which some might find uncomfortable. Also the resort was almost deserted, as it was only days before the Vietnamese New Year, which gave us the feeling of being there as nearly the only guests. However, this is probably due to be time of year, and I would definitely want to come back during the summer when there is a clear view of the mountain valley and when the pools are open.

Date of stay: January 2011