Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews french village hotel service was excellent longest cable car take photos da nang city bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2012

OK.....I have Lived in Vietnam for 5 years now. I have beent o MANY places through out this Beautiful Country with the "Hidden Charm" If there is Charm in Ba Na I just could not see it or feel it on 2 separate trips here. IT is only 30 mins form my home so I do not feel like I wasted a whole trip and all the money that some people must Loose when they travel far away to Visit this Pathetic SAD Excuse for a Mountain Resort. Ba Na Hills Gives a whole new meaning to the term
"Tourist Trap". I could go on about the Lack of service and EXTREME Lack of "Hospitality" ( I used to teach that here at a Hoa Sen Lotus University in Saigon) I lOVE Vietnam very Much but the unfortunate reality is that this country is Lagging way behind Thailand when it comes to Service and Hospitality issues. Ba Na is just One more example of this. It is the result of some super rich developer guy that had a Vision....Not sure what his vision was but he is doing one heck of a Job at ruining the Local Ecosystem with all the work going on around Ba Na Hills.
Oh so sorry....But the Cable Car ride is quite Nice actually...except for the terrible Elevator Music they Play inside the Cable Car. At Least the guy who did Vinpearl did a Much better Job with His Vision. Don't mean to be all down on this place but it just......well....does what a Shop Vac does very Well... I Will NEVER return to this Place. If you are a western Person reading this you might want to save your self the trip and go to Hoi AN or Hue. I LOVE Those places ; )

Room tip: Go To Hoi An or Hue !!
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank k9guru
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We took a detour from our Tet trip to Danang, on recommendation from a Vietnamese colleague. I think there is a fundamental issue with previous reviews - the resort has a number of account options, and some are better than others. We had a suite at Morin, and it was reasonably equipped and clean. It seemed to have been updated recently with new tiles and other stuff in the bathroom, and the television etc worked well.

There were money's outside the building, but they did not bother us in any way. Breakfast is rather spartan, but serves the purpose. The new entertainment centre is party operational and the kids enjoyed some of the rides. All in all, a good break from the big cities at a reasonable cost..

Date of stay: January 2012
4  Thank Abhishek S
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My god this place is ridiculous. The best part is the cable car ride. first of all I am going to just say that I was there recently in january. taken there with a tour planned by footprints vietnam. I think it was extreamly stupid to send us there on a very very foggy day, I had no Idea what to expect.

Reasons why you should Visit bana hill
- The view, if the weather is clear
- If you want to waste a day

Reasons not to visit it:
1. It is still under construction until 2013 (started in 2007!!!). I find this really really retarded, I saw pictures on the plasma screens and roads and everything seem al right. This just means that either they are very selective with how they choose to photograph this place or they built everything out of low quality materials.

2. The Hotel seems very disapointing, even though I didnt stay there i had a look around and it smelt of mold and was just gritty and unapealing.

3. It is a disapointment to the land it is built on. On the top of the hill there is a pagoda, and a giant budda statue (no idea if this is old). It has real opertunity for ecotourism and self sustainable tourism if you give it chance. maybe set out some trekking routes. even though there is a lack of animals it could be such a nice place for a 1-2 day trek...

I had such a bad experience there so there might be some bias to my story. Overall if you are short on time and heading between hue and hoi an just go straight past this place. Spend an extra day in hoi an, it is much more pleasant.

Date of stay: December 2011
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Larvin00
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The hotel was presentable, although as with many new developments in Vietnam, the finishing may not be high quality, but this didn't bother us and the room was fairly spacious, clean and had a large tv. In January, the mountain resort is covered in permanent fog - and so whereas the first half of cable car ride was astonishing, we were not able to see much during the latter half, which some might find uncomfortable. Also the resort was almost deserted, as it was only days before the Vietnamese New Year, which gave us the feeling of being there as nearly the only guests. However, this is probably due to be time of year, and I would definitely want to come back during the summer when there is a clear view of the mountain valley and when the pools are open.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjlarsen
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We hired bungalows at the L'Indochine Hotel.

1. When checking in, they tried to rip us off. The deal was 5% off 1st night, 10% off the second night; free cable car to and from the resort. Only when we showed them printouts from their own website did they show signs of capitulating; even then they tried to say the offer had expired, so we fired up the laptop and showed them their live website! A terrible way to greet customers! I felt like leaving immediately, only I was with a group of friends; that is the ONLY reason why I persevered.

2. The cable car ride to the resort was stunning, and so too were the night views. This is where the experience ends. Repeat – this is where the experience ends.

3. All restaurants at the resort offer the same bland menu; service was shoddy as they only hire young, inexperienced staff.

4. The bungalows were located down a long path littered with many steep steps, very, very difficult to get luggage in and out.

5. Our room was equipped with two beds; neither of which has seen a change in sheets for some time, so bad the white sheets had turned grey. Furthermore, the beds were hard as concrete and one bed had the springing poking through. In the bathroom there was thread-bare towels in the bathroom; again they had turned grey, probably from lack of laundering. Also the shower over the bath lacked a shower curtain, as a result everything gets wet when taking a shower. When we complained to the management, they couldn’t care less. Our friends experience in other bungalows was identical.

6. Even though the buildings are not that old, everything about the resort is showing considerable signs of decay from a total lack of maintenance. Even the concrete foot paths are crumbling and timber planks on the suspension bridge are showing signs of rotting.

7. There is litter EVERYWHERE on the footpaths leading to other attractions, and these foot paths are also crumbling from shoddy construction and lack of maintenance.

8. There is a building site right next door. The advertising in Vietnam Airlines magazine stated grand opening in 2011, the on-site billboard states 2013, although the theme park under construction is partially open to the public. Again, there is rubbish everywhere on the building site, disposal is either through burning or burying so expect the delightful aroma of smoke come drifting through! And they start work really early – before 6am, so look forward to being rudely awoken in the morning. And they don’t finish work until really late, so don’t look forward to a full night’s sleep, that is, if you can tolerate the hard-as-concrete mattresses.

9. They are destroying the natural environment which is providing their income. Overall, a very disappointing experience, and if I could rate this place “zero-out-of-five”, I would do so. Recommend go for a cable car and enjoy the views early in the morning, stay until the evening to enjoy the night views and leave before the last cable car returns, and whatever you do, don’t stay at the resort.

Date of stay: July 2011