Tripadvisor
Da Nang
All reviews la plage table restaurant mix bar spg platinum long swimming pool plunge pool room executive assistant manager largest pool large conference incredible pool outlet manager ball pit upgraded to a suite sink area breakfast buffet f b long stretch
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Hotel is Grand for sure on the surface, BUT we were generally disappointed.

Pros: Magnificent site, fantastic sea side location, very comfortable rooms, pleasant staff and management.
We especially enjoyed our dinner experience at La Plage.
The Grill staff went out of their way to serve us their menu in 88 when grill was full. Best food we had.

Cons: Dining room staff (88) not always watching for guests needs— very inconsistent— perhaps too few of them, especially at breakfast. Staff needs more language skill training.
Retreat experience— we were pleased with gift from resort manager upon arrival, and with room staff, but the concept is lost in translation. Seems like a waste of resources... Staff very friendly but a bit undertrained... Food was always cold. Cheeses served without biscuits or crackers, no nuts. Initially told we could not have gin and tonics when bottles were sitting right there. Experience was all very odd.

So overall our rating is average at best— a big disappointment.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
CarlVolschenk, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Danang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear rhkkmk1,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen very short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced. This certainly does not represent our normal standards and I will most definitely look into each of the points you raised to ensure that we improve moving forward. I am grateful for your feedback as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we offer.

I do hope that in spite of your disappointment, we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future so that we are able to remedy the poor impression created on this occasion. Upholding my commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service for you as one of our valued guests and members, I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly should you be planning another visit to Danang. I would like to personally handle your reservation and see that you are well taken care of. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Carl.

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Has a wonderful holiday with extended, including 2 little ones. They enjoyed the sand play at the beach and playing the pool.
The play rooms for the kids were also clean and had sufficient toys to keep them occupied.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear AliceT2401,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your family vacation and for taking the time to share this great feedback on TripAdvisor. Our resort certainly does feature some great facilities for children and we are delighted that your children enjoyed them. We are also pleased that you appreciated our 250m long infinity swimming pool and pristine beach, thank you for highlighting this.

Please do let us know should your travels bring you back to Danang, as we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

Best Regards,
Carl.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

As a Marriott Ambassador, I've been to many Marriott properties, but never really stayed at Sheraton properties so I didn't know what to expect. Our stay ended up exceeding our expectations. We were given a wonderful greeting and received an upgraded room overseeing an amazing pool that also included an ocean view. Our room was very clean, room service food was great, and the morning breakfast buffet was incredible. A trip to Hoi An wasn't too far - about 20-25 minutes away in a Grab (similar to Uber) and not very expensive. We would definitely stay here again if we were to ever come back!

Room tip: Pool views are great - especially since you'll likely see the ocean with it
Date of stay: December 2019

Dear Blair S,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing such inspiring feedback on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations, thank you for highlighting this.

Our culinary team strives to showcase a wide variety of mouthwatering dishes on our extensive breakfast buffet and we are thrilled that you enjoyed it.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing this great feedback. Please do let us know should your travels bring you back to Danang, as we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

This is our first time stay here at this hotel. I really like the swimming pool and the room here is nice ! At The breakfast they have served at the first floor so many choices to chose . And especially ,thank you to the guy who made us a mango smoothie F& B team who wear a black suit . I can’t remember his name .

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Emmapeter2919,

Thank you very much for your support and for taking the time to share this great feedback on TripAdvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us along with our extensive breakfast buffet. I would also like to thank you for recognizing our associates, I will be sure to share your kind compliments with them.

Many thanks once again for your valued feedback. The team and I hope that we may have the opportunity top welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

I was traveling to Singapore but had a few days down time so I made a side trip to Da Nang not knowing what to expect. I was impressed by the nicest hotel of my entire Asian experience. Fabulous pool, walk for miles on the beach, quick taxi into town. Service was not only attentive but always polite and welcoming. Great attention to details. I am definitely putting it on my list as a future spot to bring the family. Had a chat with Director of Food and Beverage, Steve, as he walked thru the beach bar personally checking to make sure everyone was enjoying their stay. He was very nice and dedicated to hospitality for sure!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Mr_Duks,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share such kind feedback following your recent stay with us.

I certainly am fortunate to be working alongside such a fantastic team and your kind feedback is a true testimony to their efforts, thank you for highlighting this.

Thanks once again for the great feedback. Please do let us know should your travels bring you back to this fantastic destination, as the team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.