“yum yum yum!”
Review of Bread Of Life

Bread Of Life
Ranked #28 of 684 Restaurants in Da Nang
Good for: Families with children
Description: Bread of Life has been serving quality, fresh and authentic Western food since 2005 and belongs to Jean-Luc Briastre a Frenchman who loves Vietnam. I bought Bread of Life Restaurant (BoL Restaurant) in 2015. My restaurant was founded by American missionaries to provide work to the hearing impaired and more recently, widowed mothers, and retired people with no pension. Bread of Life Restaurant operates like any other restaurant; our income depends entirely on our business. We are proud that we produce quality meals and service while also providing employment to persons who normally would not be considered employable. We thank you so much for helping us to continue to offer employment to our special population and employees, as well as convivial meeting place for Western ex-pats Vietnam.
Canberra
“yum yum yum!”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Only went once as we only discovered Bread of Life on the last day but would have gone back if we could have! We had burgers, they were absolutely delicious, I liked that it wasn't really crowded and the menu is large from what I remember so you're spoilt for choice. Service was pretty slow (especially as we were in a rush) but still 100% recommended!

• Visited December 2010

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
“Very pleasant pause from Vietnamese food!”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

They have just moved to 4 Dong Da Street; take note as the info has not been updated on their website yet!!! We ate 2 out of our 4 meals here based on the reviews we read about BOL in Trip Advisor! And it was well worth it. We ate the biggest and fluffiest pancakes ever. Breakfasts are good; the beef for the hamburgers are grilled and tasty; service is friendly; the owner super nice with loads of pointers on where to go and what to do. As they just moved, the decoration is still simple.. I guess they are working on it. The toilets are clean too. Oh and They serve the best carrot cakes and banana breads I have ever eaten. A must do.

Breda, The Netherlands
“Nice change to rice and noodles”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

The food was a pleasent change to the vietnamese kitchen. We got recommended this place by some americans we met here in da nang. The cause is great but the atmosphere lacked a bit. Overall, its a place you should visit during your stay in da nang!

Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice restaurant but perhaps a little overrated”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

This restaurant is worth a visit, but mainly because its for a good cause. While the atmosphere was friendly and the service was excellent, the food was fairly average and left me slightly disappointed as I had high expectations after reading the other reviews on Tripadvisor.

• Visited February 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Food/Good People winning combination”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Today we visit Bread Of Life before departing Da Nang for the 4th time in 3 days. First they start with good moral foundation, then they give their employees a great salary. Employees are happy to work and take care of customers and families. All the employees are deaf vietnamese citizens who are trying their best to service customers. Never a dish is brought to your table without a smile. The owner was kind enough to show me the kitchen when they had a free moment and all I can say is.....CLEAN! I have never tasted scramble eggs so full of flavor in my life, the coffee is just like back home (I ordered americana coffee). My wife and I went there for breakfast and came back for lunch after few hours walk around the city. From the moment I started to write this review my wife asked me to mention their pancakes and carrot cakes several times per minute.......trust me when I tell you....THEY ARE WORTH IT! Not too sweet, warm, soft aka AWESOME! This estabishment can rival top restaurants back home with their burgers alone! To top it all, they even rent motobikes (including helmets)Make sure to check their website since they are moving to a bigger and better place in March 2011.
Give a hungry man a fish and he will eat for an hour, teach him how to fish and his family will be fed for life!!

• Visited February 2011