“Horror in Da Nang”
Review of Prince Hotel

Prince Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Da Nang
Prince Hotel
Ranked #142 of 262 Hotels in Da Nang
Brisbane, Australia
“Horror in Da Nang”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Please DON'T stay here. I was here for one night after an easy rider tour and it was awful. Unfortunately my tour guide was paying and this is where he took me. The staff were not helpful - could not give me a map or directions, did not give me any information about breakfast (was there one?) etc.

The room was small, no windows, mouldy and musty and smelt horrid. The bed creaked and was terribly uncomfortable and I felt as though I was being bitten by insects. All my clothes smelt musty the next day.

I stayed in a slightly less central hotel two days prior for $20aud a night with breakfast and it was lovely - Nhu Minh Hotel. Some may say for the price you get what you pay for but you can pay the same and get much much better.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank RM_Travel09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and i decided to stay in this hotel since it was the recommendation of lonely planet. We just wanted to spend a night or two in da nang.
We came to the prince hotel which seemed quite ok at first. So we took a room, dumped our stuff and went for a walk. My girlfriend was not feeling to well, so we went back to the hotel so she could lie down. The room we had was very dark with no windows. Not so bad, but on the other hand 18$ seems to be a bit much for a room with no windows.
My girlfriend fell asleep and i was sitting on the bed (feeling every spring of the matrace) with the computer. Suddely i noticed something crawling on the floor. I turned on the lights and there were cockroaches running under the bed. One was even climbing up the wall next to the bed.
It happens at times you have a dead cockroach in your room. But there are so many of them so thats not a big deal. But if a hotel is spraying and so on there are usually not several running around.

I kept my cool at first and went to the front desk and asked for raid (bug spray) to Smoke them out. I thought we'd spray and go for a walk and come back and get rid of the dead ones. But as i asked for raid the woman at the desk replied "ah a rat in you room". It sounded like that would be quite a normal thing. I then explained and aksked for spray again. So she got up and left the room and me standing there. After 15 or 20 min she had not come back and i had enough. I went back to the room, my girlfriend and i packed up and left a couple o hours after we had checked in.

At the front desk i asked for our passports. The woman refused to give them back to us and wanted us to pay for the room. At that point i got mad an told her the hotel is a disgrace for the lonely planet and they should be ashamed. I also told her she's not getting a cent from us. She them went out on the street to get the manager. In that time i went behind the desk myself and took the passports and we left.

Bad enough there are cockroaches in the room. But we actually stayed cool and wanted to take care of the problem. But the staff didn't care at all. And them they expect us to pay for a few hours in a cockroach infested room. No way!

The only good thing is the location, pretty central. But i still didnt rate higher cause there are many hotels just there without bugs.

I hope the information provided is sufficiant. I really would like no one to go there. Notmally the lonely planet is right and hotels/restaurants are proud to be named in the book. But these people seem to have taken it for granted. Hopefully many people read this before going there.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Dee-Bonda

Travelers are raving about these Da Nang hotels

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The only reason why I'm not giving this hotel a one-star rating is because the receptionist was quite friendly to us. This hotel was not part of our itinerary/plan. My friend and I mixed up the dates of our flights, and therefore, asked the cab driver to drive us to a nearby hotel for the night. The room was extremely musty when we first stepped in. I did not feel very comfortable in the room. Also, we didn't like that there was a bunch of cab drivers waiting outside the hotel to bring us to nearby attractions, we felt harassed whenever we had to walk past them. Apart from that, I must warn that my friend and I actually had an eerie experience at this hotel - it happened to my friend, then immediately to me. Both of us were pretty creeped out and could not wait to check out the second day. We will never return to this place again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and had a creepy encounter - ask for a change of room if you get a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle L
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed there because it was "specially recommended" by lonely planet, but I think we will never follow their suggestions again.
The staff was not helpfull at all and their attitude was very rude.
The room is normal for the price, but we woke up with several strange bites and we found bed bugs, disgusting!!!!!
DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Clabran
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed here as recommended in Lonely Planet.

Never again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank 999plunger999
Bamaga, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2011

There isn't one positive thing I can say about thus hotel! Staff are dodgy, rooms filthy & smelly! We didn't get the room paid for & then got into an argument when we brought it up with the 'manager'. We didn't even stay one night. We ended up going to the hotel next door (can't remember name) which was much better. I would not trust any good reviews of this hotel as I would be pretty certain they are either paid for or staff have done them. Don't stay here, whatever you do!

• Stayed May 2011
5 Thank VeganMummy
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

There is almost nothing positive that we can say about this hotel. We stayed there in late October 2011, and at that time, neither of the receptionists spoke very good English. The room was quite musty, the towels and sheets were stained/dirty, the floor mat to the bathroom was filthy, and there was a large, dead cockroach in the middle of the floor when we walked into the room.

When we asked if we could get a street map of Danang, we were told by the Manager - "you just go out into the street"!! Great service - not!! In fact, the Manager seemed to place a much higher priority on spending his time talking to (presumably) his friends, either in the lobby or out the front on the street, than providing a service the hotel's guests - of which we think we were the only one's at the time!!

Needless to say, we checked out the next morning, and moved on.

The Internet access was very, very slow, and kept "dropping out".

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, the rooms at the back are away from the road noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple