“Best food in Hoi An”
Review of Ho Lo Quan

Ho Lo Quan
Ranked #63 of 1,170 Restaurants in Hoi An
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is a great place offering authentic Vietnamese food. We had an amazing dinner and would love to come back anytime! Staff is super friendly too :)) highly recommended for anyone who is looking for some authenticity in Hoi An!

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Family restaurant, staff helpful. Food was fresh and tasty and cheap. Lots of people and local people - therefore food must be fresh & did taste fresh.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

I ate here twice, on recommendation of my guesthouse nearby. First visit, I had banh xeo, the local specialty. It was quite good.

Second visit, I had stewed pork in clay pot, after seeing it recommended in a review. That dish, hmm... It was tasty, but chewy. And I thought I caught a taste of MSG, but it could've just been salt. MSG doesn't bother me, unless there's lots of it.

The furniture is very noisy, going SKRAAKK whenever someone slides a chair. The place is an echo chamber (but airconditioned). Plug your ears if a large groups arrives until they get settled.

When the bill arrived, my pork dish had become a fish version of the same dish, somewhat more expensive. I pointed this out, and it was corrected without fuss, nor apology.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank ViajeroPerdido
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Don't miss this place if you are visiting Hoi An. The food is great, I would recommend it! The restaurant is slightly away from the tourists' path, but it is a gem that worth being discovered if you are looking for a good place to eat.

Reviewed March 31, 2019

Most delicious home cooked food. Banh xeo here was my favourite. Lemon grass chicken, and vegetable soup was great too! Owners were warm and friendly. They even re-heated my child's fried rice after she left the table for some time. After dinner, they helped to ring a taxi for us and checked on us until we were picked-up. Would return!

Date of visit: March 2019