“Perfect tailor”

Ranked #154 of 452 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I was recommended to Phu Phu Tailor in Hoi An by my hotel, claiming that they make the best suits. Upon arrival, our friendly tailor, Lan, showed me several designs and colours and took my measurement. She was very amiable and gave us plenty of time to think through, unlike other shops who kept on pressing us and hard-selling their products.

She was also very patient with us despite having to alter my suit twice. Her attention to every tiny detail was what really made my experience there a memorable one. She made sure everything was perfect before we left the store. Would highly recommend this place to anyone who wishes to tailor a suit in Hoi An!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"quality"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed November 24, 2014

Lan was extremely helpful, very attentive, and coordinated three extra pieces of clothing for me last minute. I wandered in not planning to buy anything and needed up getting a skirt suit, two sleeveless shirts and evening long dress ordered around 6-7pm. The next day at 2pm I tried everything on. All items needed a bit of adjustments. The skirt and shirts worked out so well that I ordered two of each. I was leaving early the next morning, so everything needed to be finished the same day. I came back at 7pm - the items I ordered the day before were perfect; the new ones needed work. Lan coordinated the new items to be fixed overnight and delivered to the hotel at 9am. Everything was great!

Reviewed November 24, 2014 via mobile

Very happy with Lan's services in getting a suit made overnight with only minor alterations. They went to great lengths to accommodate tight deadlines. Not cheap cheap but good price and worth it!

Reviewed November 24, 2014 via mobile

Spent lots of money by it was worth it. Everyone is really friendly especially Lan. She is very patient and helpful; she even delivered our clothes to our home stay.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 21, 2014

I had a generally positive experience at Phu Phu Cloth Shop, where I ordered one suit and two skirts for 180 USD. The girls were very friendly and helped me pick a design for the two skirts and suit, taking into account my body`s difficult areas. I was invited back into the shop the next day to try on the clothes and was very happy to see that all generally fitted well and only minor adjustments were needed. In the end I had to come back two more times until all fitted 100% well,but the girls were very friendly and accommodating, so this really didn`t wasn`t a problem.

Looking back though, I must admit I am not 100% satisfied with the skirts although this is probably more my fault than theirs. I entered the shop with several skirt designs in my email account, but for some reason we didn`t manage to open my account on their Ipad and none of their catalogue designs showed what I wanted. Therefore instead I decided to try to describe the design based on my memory. Jointly we drew skirt designs and I felt they generally understood my ideas, however when I came back for my first fitting I felt something was still missing. They were very accommodating and offered to make whatever change I deemed necessary, but somehow, despite their adjustments based on my instructions, it still didn`t fully come out the way I had hoped. The skirts generally look like the design we agreed upon, but I hoped one would look a bit more like a pencilskirt, and less straight/loose, and hoped the other would be a bit less straight. They offered to make whatever adjustment I wanted, but I feel like my idea got lost in translation a little bit, and in the end I accepted the skirts as they were. They are still very pretty skirts of good quality, so nothing too bad either. It`s just, that feeling it could have been even greater. Fortunately the suit did come out perfectly!