“Good value hotel in a great town”

Hai Au Boutique hotel and spa
Ranked #58 of 153 Hotels in Hoi An
uk
“Good value hotel in a great town”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Good quality hotel, nice big rooms, decent breakfast, but I wouldn't rave about it like some. The girls on the front desk can be a little overwhelming saying hello everytime they see you - I know that might sound weird, but there it is - but the flip of that is that they obviously couldn't be more helpful.

My only real criticism of this hotel is the cleaning staff in the morning. the bedroom door gets opened to check if they can clean the room about every 20-30 minutes from 7am - not conducive toa relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
London
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Generally agree they're very good for the money. The hotel is fairly charmless, but for the money it's good. The staff are certainly very helpful and did actually remember our names - wow!
They try to use an exchange rate USD/Dong higher than it really is, so check the rate and make sure they use the right rate. A lot of businesses in Vietnam do this as it's an easy way to add 3%.
Also there prices for Taxis from Danang are much higher than they should be, you're better off bargaining for your own.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Clean, efficient and great location…

I stayed here 2 nights during mid-September, 2010. Yes, the reviews are right. I had a large, clean and comfortable room. Good location between beach and old town. About 5-10 minutes into the town by walk or bike and another 10 to 15 minutes to the beach by bike. There is a required bike parking lot before you get to the beach, so make sure you have some small bills on you for the fee. The staff made an effort to remember my name and they were all very helpful and friendly. I used their car service to pick me up at the Da Nang train station and then later to take me to the Da Nang airport for my departure. Car service price was 15$ each way and the drivers were there and on time to pick me up. Breakfast was very basic, but enough to jump start my day. There are no frills here, but for the location, price, space, staff and room cleanliness… Hai Au Hotel is definitely well worth it. If I would complain about anything, it would be that they held my passport for my whole stay. This was the only hotel that had done this to me during my eight day visit in Vietnam.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Staff were amazing from start to finish! So friendly and most remembered our names. Hotel is just outside the city but easily within walking distance. We got picked up from Da Nang train station without any trouble and they let us split the $15 ride with two people we picked up on the train. They didn't try and charge us more for having more passengers. Pool is cold but nice and refreshing. I recommend booking in advance as we only booked two nights to see how it was and then it was booked so we had to move. Our only negative comment was the shower was awful, hot but a dribble. Not the case in all rooms. But it was no better even after they looked at it. But guess that's hit and miss. I'd still recommend the place.

• Stayed October 2010
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My friends and I stayed here for three days. The room was clean, facitilies was very good. The staff was very kind, always smile to us and made us feel like at home. Everything ran well whilst we stayed here. We will definitely recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed September 2010
Winchester
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I think the best thing about this hotel was the great location, very easy access to both the old town and the modern 'suburbs'.We spent a really plesent few days in Hoi An, and the Hai Au makes for a perfect spot to explore from. The staff are friendly and helpful, a little over the top at times, but in a genuine way. Bedooms were spacious, bathrooms a little basic but fine, breakfast was a buffet of freshly cooked eggs, bread, spreading cheese and good choice of fresh fruit. The only real probelm was that the cleaning ladies tried to clean our room 3 times before 7.30 in the morning on our first day!

A word of warning would be, be careful of the taylor's the hotel recommend, we got a quote there and they were amoung the most expensive in town. We used Lan Ha 2 at 73 Tran Hung Dao street, we got winter jackets made and a couple of dresses copied, great quality, good value, done quickly, but with time made of alterations when my jacket wasn't quite what I wanted.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Yummi, Sally, Miss Kim deliver a masterclass in customer service by
1. They remember every hotel guests name from the time you arrive to when you leave
2. They are always helpful and friendly - booking train tickets, advising on things to do in Hoi An, lots of local tips

I'd give them all a job if I ran a hotel!

1 Thank QuietMan69