This hotel has been great for a number of reasons. I will list out some pros and cons (with the pros outweighing the cons, hence the 4 star rating):
1) Service - I thought service was excellent and I've stayed at many 4.5 tripadvisor rated hotels during my month-long vacation in Asia. They greet you by name each time you pass by the front desk, and are very helpful when it comes to questions about the area, or how best to travel. (i.e. Biking is the best way when traveling to Cua Dai beach or An Bang beach, approx 15 minute bike ride)
2) Breakfast - They have a great breakfast....serving a main breakfast (i.e. baguette with choice of butter/jam, omelette, fried eggs, etc) plus "dessert" (i.e. banana pancakes, mango pancakes, pineapple pancakes, or fresh fruit plate) and drink of choice (i.e. coffee, fresh squeezed juices, tea). I definitely made sure I ate enough each and every day.
3) Room comfort - The room is one of the bigger size rooms that you'll see when staying at a "comfort budget" hotel in Asia (i.e. my definition of comfort budget is $20 - $35/room/night). Yes, the room is priced at low $30's which is on the higher end of what I've been paying hotel-wise, but I thought the beds were very comfortable (i.e. premium bedding). They also have a welcome plate of fresh fruit in the fridge for you, along with complimentary bottled water each day.
Cons (during my stay) -
1) A/C noise - The a/c works great, it's just the noise that is quite loud.
2) TV broken - The TV had no reception, and we couldn't watch a single channel.
3) Water - Water from the faucet had a slightly funny smell, but not sure if it's the hotel or Hoi-An water in general.
TIP: Book your bus tickets from Hoi-An to Hue directly online (i.e. I used Sinh tourist). Booking online you will be charged 85,000 VND, whereas booking through them is 145,000 VND+. Long story how I found out, and I don't think the hotel is being shady (i.e. it might be the sinh tourist booking office). But just book online.
Overall, I was still happy with my stay and would definitely recommend this place to family and friends. I listed cons just so there are no surprises whatsoever. The building is a bit on the older side, but clean will always trump slightly older. Plus, the hotel is currently going through some renovation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3-star Hai Au Boutique Hotel and Spa is only 1km from the central of Ancient Hoi An Town, and offers a swimming pool. With all its modern rooms come with free Wi-Fi and a welcome fruit platter. Tomato restaurant serves Vietnamese and international dishes and caters for 24-hour room service. Hai Au Boutique Hotel and Spa is 0.7 km from th old town and 6 km from An Bang Public Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Hai Au Boutique hotel and spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hai Au
- Hai Au Hoi An