Review Highlights
It's a tour that tells a story

Pieter is a very good teacher and you'll get imediately captured by his extensive knowledge of... read more

Reviewed yesterday
cmartins79
Braga, Portugal
via mobile
Fantastic afternoon getting to know my camera!!

As a gift for my cousins birthday I booked an afternoon with Pieter. After a little chat at a local... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $30.00
from $63.00
from $6.00
More Info
All reviews camera settings photo walk experienced photographer street photography shutter speed technical aspects great morning great images love photography great shots night photography tour photo shoots great tour a great learning experience vietnamese culture showed how skill level
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2016

My husband and I did two photo walks with Pieter : first the morning walk around the alleyways and back streets of Hoi An, the second was the night photography walk. Pieter clearly has experience working with different levels of photographers he is very patient and his instruction was very beneficial. Pieter answered our many questions not only about photography but he also has good knowledge of the Vietnamese culture.
We thoroughly enjoyed our walks around Hoi An with Pieter and recommend any one , from new to experienced photographers to take one of Pieter's tours. Definitely a highlight of our trip. Thank you Pieter.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

I had never been on a photo tour before. I have a great camera but lack the knowledge on how to use it to even half its potential. Pieter was very responsive to my enquiry and easy to liaise with. He was able to teach me the difference between aperture,shutter speed and ISO settings; and give feedback and advice on the photos I was taking during the tour. I have never taken portrait photos before, and finished the tour with some fabulous photos of local people. Pieter also shared his knowledge of the culture. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone with an interest in photography regardless of experience.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

This was a wonderful experience and Pieter is a fantastic tour guide. A great time. We toured ally ways and I took some nice street shots of Hoi An. Then Pieter gave us great advice on how to approach and photograph the people of Hoi An. The people of Hoi An have a sweet disposition and a were a high point. I really liked the other people on the tour and Pieter kept things going at a reasonable pace and even provided us with water at his own expense. It was a nice gesture. I think it is must do for any photography enthusiast.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

We were welcomed with a cup of coffee and explanation about the basics of shutter aperture and ISO. For me who takes pictures in manual once in a while it was refreshing! We were walking in a very nice streets of Hoi an with no tourists and were explained a little bit about the Vietnamese culture. Got to take amazing portraits and learn a lot and see local people life. Recommend to all photography lovers, few hours to what you love with no interruptions.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

Whether you need some advice on setting your camera up properly and escape automatic settings or want to discover good locations in Hoi An, Pieter is your best contact. He knows people and locations alike and will guide you to wonderful alleys while telling interesting details about Vietnam and the culture. This also helps to overcome the fear of approaching strangers for pictures. In our tour, he took a lot of time to explain settings for beginners and extended the actual photowalk in return, so we had plenty of time for taking pics. After the tour, we also received a detailed file about camera settings which is a nice compendium

Date of experience: April 2016