Review Highlights
It's a tour that tells a story

Pieter is a very good teacher and you'll get imediately captured by his extensive knowledge of... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
cmartins79
Braga, Portugal
via mobile
Fantastic afternoon getting to know my camera!!

As a gift for my cousins birthday I booked an afternoon with Pieter. After a little chat at a local... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $30.00
from $63.00
from $6.00
More Info
All reviews camera settings photo walk experienced photographer street photography shutter speed technical aspects great morning great images love photography night photography tour photo shoots great tour a great learning experience vietnamese culture showed how skill level alley ways
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

Whether you need some advice on setting your camera up properly and escape automatic settings or want to discover good locations in Hoi An, Pieter is your best contact. He knows people and locations alike and will guide you to wonderful alleys while telling interesting details about Vietnam and the culture. This also helps to overcome the fear of approaching strangers for pictures. In our tour, he took a lot of time to explain settings for beginners and extended the actual photowalk in return, so we had plenty of time for taking pics. After the tour, we also received a detailed file about camera settings which is a nice compendium

1  Thank Immo P
Reviewed April 21, 2016

I must say that I was a real novice when I began the photo tour who had a good camera. Most of my photos were taken using the Automatic setting.
Pieter was extremely patient and explained the key aspects of taking quality photos.
The tour took around 3 hours and we went into some of the quieter laneways in the Old Town. Pieter was very patient and under his guidance I gained greater confidence in using the manual settings.
One of the other benefits of Pieter's assistance was that I felt that I was far more observant and able to identify things that would make a good photo rather than simply seeing things without really taking a great deal of notice.

Reviewed April 13, 2016 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed this tour for a variety of reasons. There was a huge amount of theory involved and no question was left unanswered. Pieter ensured he spent a lot of time with every person to ensure they understood everything he was sharing with the group. I loved the confidence we gained to approach locals to ask politely if we could take their photo. Most of the tour was spent in quiet back lanes finding a different view from the main drag. Very enjoyable and highly recommend .

Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

My 13 year old son completed 2 tours with Pieter (night low light and afternoon tours). He told me it was one of the highlights of his visit to Vietnam. It was great for him to get a snapshot of the villages, countryside and learn how to handle a SLR camera as well as thinking about "light" and HDR shots. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

Good to travel with a clear purpose and bring something back home. Take this walking phototour, you may see less destinations, spots but you will see things deeper. Recommended.

Date of experience: March 2016