Review Highlights
It's a tour that tells a story

Pieter is a very good teacher and you'll get imediately captured by his extensive knowledge of... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
cmartins79
Braga, Portugal
via mobile
Fantastic afternoon getting to know my camera!!

As a gift for my cousins birthday I booked an afternoon with Pieter. After a little chat at a local... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $30.00
from $63.00
from $6.00
More Info
All reviews camera settings photo walk experienced photographer street photography shutter speed technical aspects great morning great images love photography great shots night photography tour photo shoots great tour a great learning experience vietnamese culture showed how skill level
Selected filters
Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

I did the morning tour with Pieter and I can highly recommend his photo walk trough Hoi An. Not only will you learn a lot about photography, but also meet a lot of friendly vietnames people and see parts of Hoi An which you probably hadn't without taking part of Pieters photowalk.
Beside the technical part I also really appriciated to learn how to get close to peolpe to take good portraits. I think I got some really good shots and I'm a beginner in photography.
Since the other person who was supposed to be part of the photowalk didn't show up, it was just me and I could benefit a lot of the tour. But as Pieter told me, the group size are always quiet small so you will get a lot of attention.
Thanks again Pieter for this phantastic morning.
Best regards
Kim

Reviewed December 17, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the many highlights of my recent trip to Vietnam. It was such an interesting idea & Pieter was really helpful & knowledgeable. It was great value for money & I got to see parts of Hoi An that I wouldn't have otherwise seen. I needed this at the beginning of my trip rather than at the end but I would highly recommend this for travellers who are looking for a slightly different and worthwhile experience.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank leonief300
Reviewed December 1, 2014 via mobile

I joined Pieter last week for an afternoon and early evening tour of Hoi An and it's surrounding area. Pieter is an engaging and thoughtful professional photographer who was able to provide both technical advice and support as well as invaluable knowledge of the local area, it's people and it's customs.

We took a short ferry ride and then visited a boatyard, followed by a walk through the country and back streets. With Pieters kind encouragement I gained the confidence to interact with local people, which in turn enabled me to make some great portraits.

We ended the day shooting low light shots in Hoi An, capturing the beauty of the town at night.

I heartily recommend Pieter as a photo tour guide, whether you are technically competent or an aspiring amateur with a camera.

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed November 30, 2014

I recently undertook Pieter's Hoi An photo walks and found it to be all I had hoped for and much more. I have visited Hoi An on numerous occasions during the last ten years but Pieter introduced me to parts of town I had never seen. We toured down narrow alleys, fields and roadways and found many exciting photographic sites which made the tour so worthwhile. We met villagers who were more than willing to have the picture taken, although it is difficult to deter them from posing.
There were shopkeepers and homeowners, old and young, and a number of home workshops.
At all times, Pieter was on hand to offer advice on all aspects of photography including preparation and the actual shot, and above all huge encouragement. I thoroughly recommend any of Pieter's workshops to any photographers from beginner to advanced to join Pieter on at leas tone of his walks. I will never regret my involvement and will hopeflly enjoy the experience again.

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank RobertIB
Reviewed November 30, 2014

I booked the tour for myself and teenage son.

We found the advice very useful as we are not the best photographers!!

Enjoyed walking around the local area and hearing what Peter had to say about both photography and Hoi An

Date of experience: August 2014