“Better options near by!”

Thanh Binh III Hotel
Ranked #123 of 148 Hotels in Hoi An
New York
“Better options near by!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Possibly one of the worse hotels we have stayed in over our 3 months travelling. We swapped from the sunflower hotel to here for location but everything went downhill service wise.

The breakfast is awful. We didn't eat here, it's been pretty good so far on our trip but here you just get lank greasy tepid egg, stale bread and some stale pastries....oh and the hot drinks are all cold. Maybe it was because we were used to the sunflower where they had a buffet but you could also get made to order fresh eggs etc...who knows

Another thing is the staff walk around shouting and slamming doors (well they did on our floor) and everything's echoes so badly it's really hard to sleep. I'm usually a pretty deep sleeper but was woken every morning by around 5-6 by slamming doors and shouting. Wasn't really ideal...

They don't accept card payment either

The swimming pool is nice though and gets the sun for most of the day....ummmmmm and the location is pretty good, just a short walk to town.

The staff are......ok. I think we have been spoilt in the past with our hotel staff as they've all been really friendly. Hey ho!

I would advise looking around before making you decision to stay here

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Kandy, Sri Lanka
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Although the hotel is a bit tired (e.g old window shutters and windows in bathroom expanded from water) I would still recommend this hotel. The most comfy bed I have slept on in Vietnam, nice little pool if you don't want to go down the beach and a great buffet breakfast including Vietnamese and Western food. Good location with only a short walk to the river and about 10 min walk through the ancient town to the central markets and only 5 kms to the beach (easy bike ride).

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,436 helpful votes
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This review is very late. Thanh Binh III Hotel has been our home in Hoi An every time we visit this UNESCO world heritage town since 2009. The beauty of Hoi An is so alluring that we keep on coming back every year. I always book online on a popular hotel booking website but lately, I learned that I can get a better deal if I book directly with the hotel, and this is what I intend to do in all my future trips. The rooms, the lobby and the restaurant are tastefully decorated. Wifi is avaiable anywhere in the hotel even in the rooms. For those who didn't bring a laptop or tablet there are desktop computers with internet access at the lobby available to guests for free.

The friendly receptionist, Mr. Tran Cong Bang, is always there to assist. He has been very helpful in providing free room upgrades, arranging bus tickets, private car with driver, package tours, etc. One time, when I couldn't connect to the internet inside my room he even asked me to use the internet PC at the reception area so I can upload all my photos. Also, when I wanted to meet a Vietnamese friend in Ho Chi Minh City, he even called from his moblle phone to relay my message to my Vietnamese friend who hardly speaks and understand English. He was also an excellent host, he even invited me and my sister to a local restaurant for some food and drinks and insisted on paying the bill. He also assisted us in our shopping. He helped us in booking the MySon Sanctuary Sunrise Tour a couple of times.

The buffet breakfast at the ground floor restaurant is always a pleasant dining experience. The restaurant is open as early as 6am and the buffet table has a lot to offer; you feel like attending a feast and will definitely leave the restaurant with a heavy tummy and fully satisfied.

Locationwise, it is simply the best. The old town is just a short walk from Thanh Binh III Hotel and you can go to the shops anytime at your convenience; plenty of tailors and dress shops around the area.

The outdoor swimming pool is well maintained and the water is inviting anytime of the day and even at night. The pool area is well landscaped and provides excellent photo opportunity. For beach lovers, the Cau Dai Beach and An Bang Beach can be reached within five minutes by taxi.

I highly recommend the Thang Binh III Hotel to all eveyone visitng Hoi An. The room rates are reasonable and you will get good value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows and balcony facing the street. I is great opportunity for people watchin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pinoytraveller2
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, clean beds and sheets, nice bathrooms except that the tub didnt have a shower curtain making showering a very messy affair.

The wifi in room 315 was also crap. You had to go out to get wifi and then walk into the room and hope it is still there.

Breakfast was great as well!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got into Hoi An early evening on NYE and strolled into town looking for a place to stay. We saw there were rooms available at this hotel for around $28 so we walked into their lobby inquiring about the rooms. The man working at the front desk told us there was only ONE room left at $40 and so we left.

Again we checked on Agoda and clearly there were a few rooms left at $28 and we decided to book it. My husband walked back into the hotel first with the reservation and the man was about to hand him a key until he saw me walk in and recognized us. Quickly he pulled out another set of keys and handed us a different room. He then consulted with his colleague next to him and told us Agoda shouldn't have let us book rooms so late in the day.

We felt extremely unwelcomed at this point and asked if we should leave. They said no it's fine sounding very annoyed.

We were pretty exhausted from a day of traveling in from Halong Bay so we quickly headed to our room. As soon as I entered the room I stepped into something slimy!!! (See image) We went back down to report this in hopes of exchanging rooms since obviously there were vacancies. We were told it was a leak from the ceiling and was given a towel ( probably dirty) to cover it.

Aside from the terrible staff and the leaking slime, the room was descent for the price. However, I am happy to pay more for a place that at the very least makes their guests feel welcomed!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lidaliu

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Like a few other reviewers we were in the back of the hotel (3rd floor). Internet is basically nonexistant and there were 2 military kareoke parties (although neither went past 10pm) in 3 days. Otherwise everything is great. Staff is friendly. Rooms are clean and cleaned daily. Pool seems fine although we never went in. Breakfast, like all hotels in Vietnam, is awful. Best to just assume it says "free coffee."

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Gold Coast
Reviewed December 23, 2013

After reading previous reviews I was worried but all was good! Bed very comfortable which is rare in this country. Great location just a few easy minutes walk to all attractions. Good wifi, decent shower and professional enough staff. Not friendly, professional...
Stayed 3 nights and was very happy in room 214 which did back onto the military garrison but was not a problem

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo