“I really enjoyed my stay here”

Thanh Binh III Hotel
Ranked #138 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed December 23, 2013

After reading previous reviews I was worried but all was good! Bed very comfortable which is rare in this country. Great location just a few easy minutes walk to all attractions. Good wifi, decent shower and professional enough staff. Not friendly, professional...
Stayed 3 nights and was very happy in room 214 which did back onto the military garrison but was not a problem

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the Serene hotel for 1 night, we chose it because we thought it looked very cozy,

In the beginning it seemed like a fairly decent hotel, the beds are good and the hotel has an nice atmosphere to it, but when you get waked up 5 o clock in the morning by the millitary garrison right next door because they want to play volleyball it is hard to appriciate anything, i went to bed 2 in the night so i only got 3 hours sleep, the sound they made can be compared to having 6 chimpanzees isolated for 1 month then release em in a backyard and throw a volleyball to them, it was an horrible way to start a morning, i later complained about this to the staff and they gave me the lamest excuse, they had an funeral, well it sure didnt sound like they were sad to me, and they told me it hadnt happend before, yeah right !

When you wake up like this you want the rest of the morning to be good, a nice hot shower could be the thing to bring you back to life, but what a disappoinment, the pressure was as low and the knob for witching to showermode fall of, and when i got it back togheter it would switch between shower and bathmode by itself, you had to hold the knob to make it stay in one position.

Its the small things that make an hotelstay good or bad, and it was the details that screw up this stay, its the typical scenario here in Vietnam, do some research, there must be better options in Hoi An than this.

Room Tip: Check the showerfacilities before you decide to stay here, and get a room that is not faced towards...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BorgeSmalls
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We chose this hotel as we had stayed here before, but its gone downhill. The water pressure in the room was atrocious, barely a dribble from the shower head. No free water provided by this hotel. Reception staff just filling in time, not really interested in your requests. The Wifi in the room was non existent. Though we kept asking for the burners be turned on under the breakfast dishes, it was too much trouble, consequently the eggs were always cold. I think there are better places for this price. Though we were quoted 500 000 dong, they tried to charge us $25 US which is more.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor in the middle have bad water pressure and no wi fi and the tv is at the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as an emergency recommended by my taxi driver and after a very tiring journey from Hue to Hoi An trying to outrun the effects of Typhoon Haiyan, I made a mistake of accepting the room. The room is traditionally furnished in the Chinese style, is large, opens out to a balcony overlooking the indoor swimming pool which is situated in an airwell. I wonder when this room was last used as it was very musty and there was a large chunk of worktop missing where the wash basin is. This room should NOT BE USED for paying guests ! And that costs 40 USD, so it wasn't cheap. Breakfast was also dire.
Unfortunately, the hotel was flooded the next morning and I must credit the staff for arranging my driver to collect me earlier than expected.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. They serve a great buffet breakfast, we found the staff friendly and we had a large, en suite room with a patio. For the price I don't think you should expect much more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights and found it to be quite adequate. The room was a decent size and the aircon worked really well. I had a room facing the street which was good as all the balconies have a table and chair and you can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee.The next-door balcony is only separated by a low wall of sorts though, which is a bit disconcerting.
Breakfast was buffet style with Asian and Western food which was more than enough.
It is within easy walking distance of the markets, restaurants and other shops.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank loltraveller2013
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as unfortunately, the Vinh Hung 2 Hotel across the road, where we would usually stay was full.
From the time of our arrival, the Thanh Binh 3 Hotel did not impress. The staff were not friendly, the rooms were average and not particularly clean.
It is great that they have a pool, however, it was too deep for both my 4 year old and 8 year old to play as they would need to remain on the step.
I had to repeatedly request for additional items for the room, as we were sharing one room and were not provided with sufficient linen etc for 3 people.
During the tropical storms, rain was pouring in onto the corridors outside the rooms as they are open to a central atrium. The floor was very wet Nd both of my children slipped over as the staff had not placed any towels on the floor.
The breakfast was very limited and we struggled to get hot water for our tea. After putting up with this for 3 nights, we moved hotels and were much happier.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family