“Uninteressed, impolite and unhelpfull staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thanh Binh III Hotel

Thanh Binh III Hotel
Ranked #116 of 140 Hotels in Hoi An
Hoi An
“Uninteressed, impolite and unhelpfull staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We were shocked about the uninteressed, impolite and unhelpfull staff. We are traveling from south to north Vietnam and have seen different hotels, this was the most unpleasent of them all. Rooms are ok, but not as nice as you would expect for the amount of money you are paying. The internet was lousy and de WiFi wasn't adequatly working. Skip breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

It is a budget hotel and had inconveniences like the wifi did not work in my room, there was a sewer smell in the bathroom from time to time (even in the one on the first floor), the breakfast was not good, but the reception staff was not friendly which was the reason I would not go back. They took my passport and told me to come back to get it, did not tell me what time breakfast was and just had shuffled me to my room. The person who helped me with my bag was very friendly. There is no safe in the room and I did not feel the door locks to be very secure. I thought the bed was very comfortable for this type of accommodation. When I went to check out, I did not realize it was cash only (my mistake, it is listed in my booking confirmation). The mini bar did not have a price menu in the room. I used a big bottle of water and it was 50,000 dong? Other places I stayed in Hoi An were 30,000. Part of the reason I booked there was the pool, there are about five lounging chairs and the rest are sitting chairs, in case this is important to you. I would try a different place next time in Hoi An.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tlb999

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Wollongong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We only stayed here for one night, as our last hotel was booked out when we asked if we could extend our stay. The staff are rude, unatentive and unprofessional. When we checked into our room we noticed there was no towels, so on our way out we asked reception if they could put some in our room. When we returned 4 hrs later there was still no towels, so we went down to reception to ask for the towels again, and they told us that they would send some towels up straight away. After another 45mins no one came to give us the towels and we once again asked reception, but this time saying we would wait until they gave us the towels, to when reception told us the hotel had actually ran out of towels and they could only give us hand towels for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a volunteering group. Rooms were large.
Mattress on beds were foam with circular holes which were not very comfortable so avoid if you have Ani back problems! Loose wires (probably out of use) hanging from the walls and bathroom wasn't dirty but looked like it had seen better days. You can hear next doors bathroom clearly. The water from the shower was not very powerful and never that hot. Breakfast wasn't very nice but toast was available so kept it simple. Hotel is away from the centre so not so noisy- unless your room is on ground floor and near to the pool.
There are defiantly nicer hotels to stay in Hoi an.

• Stayed July 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 8 days in the hotels family room just next to the pool.
Nice and close to town but WAY too Much noise from staff all Night + from other guests hanging around the pool.
LOUSY breakfast - had to skip it several days.

• Stayed May 2013
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time at this hotel and this time stayed for 3 nights with a friend.

Room price was great, and it was clean and our room faced the pool, which we thought was great... Until for three nights in a row this hotel magically transformed at 10pm into a backpackers hostel with people partying in and around the pool until at least 3am every night. Then the cleaners would start banging and chatting at 5am.

The beds are hard. Super. Hard.

The pool is spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are not bad at all.

I could hear the bloke in the next room blowing his nose in the shower and coughing and spitting most days, which was also a great treat!

To be honest though, apart from my sleepless nights on a bed I'm sure was made of concrete, the hotel serves its purpose. We weren't in our rooms much as we were touring around and wandering the beautiful streets of Hoi an. This hotel is in a great location and the staff are quite helpful also.

So stay here if you're on a budget, but remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hoi An is full of hotels, this is in a good location, close to everything and easy to navigate from, the rooms are spacious and clean and a really good size, for me I didn't use the pool, as it is in the centre of the hotel surrounded b all the room and walkways, so it felt too exposed, plus not outdoors really as surrounded by hotel, but that seemed to be mostly me, the pool is actually really big and seemed popular with other guests. The wireless internet was really unreliable and I had almost no signal in my room, but I was in a front hotel side corner, when I moved to the stair case by the router it was much better. Breakfast is basic, but fine for something to eat on a budget as it is included in the price.

Room Tip: If you end up in a room next to a staircase used by staff who start banging around very early, or in...