“Good location if you want to be close to the beach” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea and Sand Hotel

Sea and Sand Hotel
Ranked #114 of 140 Hotels in Hoi An
Montreal, Canada
“Good location if you want to be close to the beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

This hotel is well located if you want to go to the beach and do not want to stay in expensive resorts. Although this hotel needs refurbishing and an overall good cleaning, our room and sheets were clean. Staff is very nice. The pool is very small and located next to the hotel parking. We were given beach vouchers to get free towels, chairs on the beach at the Go By restaurant which is a very nice. The hotel has not really an ocean view because you can see a bit of the ocean trough the palm treas, you will see a moto parking space instead. We recommed it for a short stay but don't expect too much. Also Hoi An is too commercial for us we preferred our stay at the Sandy Beach Hotel in Danand which was great.

Sea and Sand has free shuttle to go downtown about 4 times a day. The Sandy Beach also has free shuttles to go to dowtown Danang and to Hoi An.

Room Tip: Sea and Sand has free shuttle to go downtown about 4 times a day. The Sandy Beach also has free shut...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nicole S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Disclaimer: We stayed in the best room (405) for about $40/night. That room is on the corner of the top floor. We stayed from 8/3 -11/3.

As long as you don't expect luxury standard, this hotel is excellent with very clean rooms and close to beach. Yes, you will see marks on the walls or ceiling, and the bathroom is old but it is very clean and NOT dusty (we had to move out of another hotel in Hoi An town due to a dusty and unclean room). The room was cleaned daily. The hotel itself is old, but it has charm.

Staff are extremely friendly even though they have limited English. They helped us with any inquiry.

They have a shuttle bus to the town every two hours, four times a day. Last one leaves the hotel at 430pm. Taxi costs about $4.

Balcony is spacious and clean. A nice place to read a book if you're beached out.

Breakfast was average but sufficient.

Tip: Pay a bit more and book a room with balcony facing the main street as this would give you seaview. If Breakfast is optional, I would skip it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter K
East Granby, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I viewed all the hotels listed for the beach area of Hoi An. Sea and Sand was one of the few (perhaps only?) inexpensive hotels near the lovely beach (easy 5-minute walk). Located along the main road, it has the noises of Vietnam but quiets down at night. No warm-fuzzy atmosphere here, but it's clean, rooms are spacious with lots of drawer space, shower is good, and the breakfast is filling and fine. It was what I wanted for the money I wanted to pay. They offer a beach towel from some restaurant located on a side road; I never found it. Just brought my sarong (my travel staple) and relaxed. Great restaurant next door, not affiliated with hotel: Bao Han.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara P
Windhoek, Namibia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

The hotel is gorgeous and well situated, very close to the beach. The street is filled with restaurants which pretty much have the same menu though the food is good. We had a nice room with great sized bathroom. Free wifi, TV, aircon and spacious balcony. The rooms are kept clean very well. On that there is nothing to note, on the staff on the other hand and the service... Breakfast: we stayed at this hotel for over a week and still they don't know how to fry and egg (undercooked) One of the waitressess started squeezing her pimples behind the bar for everyone to see, whereas an otheron started brushing her hair near the breakfast buffet. Non of the staff minds you hearing them talking LOUD behind the bar (even though you cant understand them) and drinking their tea with a shot of wisky (seen them pouring a few times) - The reception tried to charge us twice for the rental of the bike plus we had to move to another hotel for an unclear reason, we got several reasons on which we could conclude they didn't have a clue themselves and made up stories which sounded good. The staff doesn't speak english which makes communication very difficult though thats part of the experience! We enjoyed our stay at the end and made god use of the airport transfer. It is a shame we discovered some of our cash money was stolen, we figured out very quickly that it had to be the cleaning lady and she did it when we were at breakfast. So tip: take money downstairs with you during breakfast or lock it in you suitcase (and don't leave your bag on top of it like we did)

Room Tip: A room at the back will give you a view over the garden and river and side view of the beach. Room a...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sho0naa
Ho Chi Minh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

It is right when we pay for our holiday and have a right to ask for what we expect. I like to spend my holiday with the sunshine and the beach but it suits my pocket that is the reason why I chose Sea & Sand Hotel.
Greeting me with smile faces of the Bellman and Respetionist, enjoying a glass of orange juice as a welcome drink at the lobby was enough to make me happy after 1 hour fly from HCM city and 45 minutes from Danang airport. I was provided all necessay information of the hotel and one thing made me amazing that it has a private beach where I can enjoy mytime at the beach with chair, large umbrella, towels compimentary. They aslo have free shuttlebus to the downtown.
My room is well equiped with a bancony where I can get fresh air, acess the Facebook chatting with my friends and I can go down to use two complimentary computers at the lobby if I like.
Breakfast is really good with buffet. It is higher what I expect :)
I paid reasonably but I have a wonderful holiday with Sea & Sand hotel with a good hotel and good services.

I do not advertise for Sea & Sand Hotel. I just like to share my real experience when I travel and find a good hotel. Do hope that my experience will be useful for anyone who intend to go travelling to Hoi An, Viet Nam.

Room Tip: Very near the Beach with nice private beach
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank KimOanhLuu
Hochiminh City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was an excellent choice for our last trip. All of you made us so welcome
We would like to say MANY thank you to all of you for such a wonderful stay at your hotel … the beach is close … the room was clean … the staff was courteous and friendly … any requests were handled quickly and kindly … good value for the money … and we enjoyed everything about our stay !!!
We will certainly recommend Sea and Sand hotel to our friends, hope come back your hotel next time and enjoy our stay with you!
Please give our warm greetings to the staff of Sea and Sand Hotel.
Thank you for all the great services.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank ThaoLuong
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I've read some of the reviews for this hotel and I think some people are expecting to pay 2* prices for a 5* hotel. Get a grip - this is Vietnam and not the US!
The hotel doesn't have a mirrored, sofa filled reception, and yes the staff speak don't great English... but how is your Vietnamese.? The rooms are clean and spacious, the showers are great and you're less than 200 metres from a world class beach. The breakfast is basic but great... no it's not high end cuisine but that's not what you're paying for. Spent over a month travelling in Vietnam and really this was one of the best hotels we stayed in.

• Stayed December 2010