“The perfect place”

Ranked #53 of 147 Hotels in Hoi An
Iowa
“The perfect place”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the Vinh Hung Hotel in the ancient city last year and decided to give this one a try. It is like paradise. You are away from the motorcycle noise of the town. The double rooms are spacious w/complimentary fruit, water and coffee service refreshed every day. The breakfast buffet is ample w/enough variety in selection to service Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Aussie, European and American guests. Fresh omelets and pho made to order each morning, too. Talked to visitors from Brazil one day and they were also pleased w/the breakfast. There are two large pools, each well maintained. The resort faces the river and they will ferry you to the dock in the ancient city. But, it is less than a five minute walk, albeit through a gauntlet of street vendors. Air conditioning in the rooms works very well. Housekeeping is also good, decorating your bed w/fresh flowers each day. Front desk service is excellent. We tried the spa on the grounds. It was resonably priced, but only fair in quality of service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Would like to warmly recommend a fantastic resort in Hoi An - walking distance to the old town, right on the riverside, very peaceful, lovely pool, very welcoming and professionnal staff and one of the best restaurants we visited in Vietnam!
3 days were far too short!! Next time we'll stay 2 weeks!
Marie-Claire and Lars N
Bordeaux, France

Room Tip: We had room 108 (just perfect!)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was trying to book into the Vinh Hung 1 Hotel in the old quarter You know, the one form "The Quiet American. I was told it was booked out and was recommended to the Vinh Hung Riverside Resort instead. I arrived and my god I thought I was in Noosa by the river. That's alright if you have booked a holiday in Noosa but in Hoi Au it's a big disappointment.
I walked to the old town ( more than the 5 minutes away they said ) and found the Vinh Hung 1 and surprise surprise it was nearly empty, I could have had a choice of rooms. Now as the resort is nearly twice the price of the old quarter forgive me for thinking that I had been sent there to get more revenue. They moved me but would not refund the difference as I had booked through a travel agent in Ha Noi ( more fool me )

I am delighted with the Vinh Hung 1, Yes It's dark, as some have said, but they seem to have installed many more lights now and air con. I think it's absolutely delightful. Just reeks of "atmosphere"
If one wants lights and swimming pools and modernity and to be totally removed from the local street scene, just to sit around a pool and read books and be surrounded by package tour groups go to the Vinh Hung Riverside Resort .... or stay in Australia at Noosa. It's much the same

Room Tip: I had the room overlooking the river, very nice, but paid through the nose for it it's adequate...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SylviaScaglia
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at this resort for 3 nights. This is a resort with beautiful gardens and pool area. There is great outdoor areas where we sat by the river and watched the sun set having a drink. The restaurant and breakfast area also had a beautiful outlook over the river. This hotel was truly a great find as it was one of the best we stayed in at Vietnam. The breakfast was also one of the best we had on our one month long trip with a great selection of Vietnamese and western foods. We had a garden view room which was a large size which looked like it had just been renovated with good very nice bath room. Our first room had a very hard bed but they moved us to another room the next night with a very comfortable bed. They were in the process of replacing the mattresses and we noticed the next day the mattress got replaced in our original room. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, located at the end of a quiet street and only a short walk to town. Or you can catch the hotel boat to town. There was a laundry with bicycle and motorcycle hire just outside the hotel and I would highly recommend hiring a bicycle as it is very flat area to ride. It was relaxing and you could explore more areas. I would highly recommend this hotel if your looking for a resort style hotel were you can spend time in a very relaxing atmosphere by the pool and river but still close enough to town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 322MartinB
Titchfield, Hants
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have recently returned from a delightful few days in Hoi An. It was difficult to know
where to get shoes made and I hope this helps others.
82 Bach Dang - the name of the shop AND the address made me two pairs of shoes copied from a favourite pair I took out and can no longer get in the UK. They were 'under trouser' style shoes and I had one tan pair made and when I knew they were good, asked for a second black pair.
They are superb with an excellent sole (I had heard that the soles in hand made shoes in Hoi An were often inferior) and quality leather and workmanship. Couldn't recommend highly enough.
They each cost around £40 - outstanding for handmade in a choice of leather.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The staff were very friendly, and I enjoyed the food tasting in the late afternoon and even better it was free. I booked a river view room, which was nice, but a little smelly damp I think, it would have been nice if they had a screens on the french doors so the room could be aired. Its was a great location, easy to walk into the old town, which is handy if you are having clothes or shoes being made as you have to make a few trip back and forth. The restaurant was just ok, you can find much better food in town. The pool was fantastic! I am sure if I was to go back to Hoi An I would be happy to stay there again.

Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Large spacious rooms overlooking the pool and gardens. Enjoyed our couple of days very quiet and relaxing. A very easy 5-10 minute walk across the bridge or boat ride into the heritage township of Hoi An. Enjoyed the free food market each evening at the hotel a taste sensation. Staff pleasant, rooms clean and tidy, breakfasts were extensive.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are a bit noisy late at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends