Van Loi Hotel
$78
$75
$110
$57
Anantara Hoi An Resort(Hoi An)
$181
$109
$76
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsmr dinhtop floorrooftop restaurantshort walk over the bridgecontiki tourold townacross the bridgeswimming poolnice balconyvery nice hotelair conthe riverthe hotel managerhotel is situatedcouple of nightsrooms are cleanstayed here for two nights
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights as part of an Intrepid tour. We had two non-adjoining rooms. Rooms were a good size. The kids bathroom was good, but the shower head in our room faced across the bath, rather than down the bath and consequently there was water everywhere.

We were not able to get wifi in ether of the rooms. Wifi was available and some of the people on our tour had no problems. We often passed people on the walkways between rooms trying to get a wifi signal.

The kids loved the pool.

The hotel is in a good location and only a 10 minute walk from an unlimited amount of shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have good wifi access.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We arrived without any reservation. So far no problem, but the price you pay in the hotel is 1,5 times or more compared to online booking sites. Standard room is at the moment 820.000 VND.
It is too much for what it is.

Rooms are clean and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is somewhat dated but that was part of its charm. We had a really big room at the back of the hotel. The view was not great but it was quiet, aside from the antequated air con in the room which kept me awake during the night. The view from the rooftop where breakfast is taken was to die for. It looked like the bank of the River Nile. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean and inviting and a great setting as it was surrounded by the hotel balcony. The best bit about this hotel is the proximity to the old town, approx 5 mins walk. Get up early and visit the market, it is true Vietnam with everyone selling their wares. The smells and sights were the best part of the holidy. We sat at a bar overlooking the river and had 2 beers and a coke for £1.20 while watching the world go by. Just across the street from the hotel is a cobblers, situated in a dusty back yard, worth a visit even if you don't buy anything. I would have loved to have had more time in Hoi An, to me it was what all I had hoped Vietnam would be and I would definately stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: From reading other reviews I would suggest a room at the back
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jules315978
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel is well situated and just a quick walk into town. The top floor restaurant is rather nice and breakfast is well stocked.
The rooms are decently decorated and relatively spacious and clean.
However, don't expect a quiet night's sleep! We had three nights here and no amount of ear plugs and industrial ear-defenders (I kid you not!) could block out the noise from the street: if it wasn't moped horns or screaming kids, it was dogs barking and fighting and then, at 6am on the dot, every day, there must have been some sort of political message blurting out at full volume across the town - either that or the woman across the road had her TV at full blast! Unfortunately this constant nightly racket considerably tarnished my opinion of my stay at the hotel. If you had an internal room overlooking the central courtyard (or one at the back of the hotel) you may have been luckier.
Also, although my Vietnamese if far from excellent, you'd hope that reception staff at a well-used tourist hotel would have slightly better English: my partner had suffered an injury as a result of a fall outside and it was a constant battle to try to explain that we needed a doctor, wheelchair etc.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, get a room away from the street, or expect to have NO sleep!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msprichj
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It has a nice pool! It was hot and this was certainly welcome. There's an open flow bar next to the pool but I didn't hang around to take advantage of that! The rooms were of a good size and that bathrooms were ok. I quite liked the French influenced architecture of the place. We had french doors which opened onto the balcony which was great. The rooms were clean and there was aircon. Breakfast on the rooftop restaurant was also superb. The staff were friendly and there were computers next to the lobby you could use. Laundry may be expensive at the hotel so just cross the street and there will be a shop with a very smiley and cheerful lady shopowner who will charge $1 per kg for laundry. Also, make sure to hire a scooter from around there and pay no more than $5USD for the whole day. You may have to fill up on their green petrol though. The hotel is a short walk over the bridge from the old quarter. I'd stay there again if I were to go back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple