All reviews orange hotel old town cold towels short walk amazing staff small hotel lovely hotel sister hotel vietnam balconies tours bicycles hire
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights in September, and were made to feel very relaxed and welcome. The friendly atmosphere made this a very special place to stay.
On our check out day we had a late flight, and they offered us a room to use later that day to freshen and shower before flying, now that's service!
Very good location, only a short 5 minute walk to the old town.
It was very hot while we were there, and every time we came back to the hotel, they would greet us with lifesaving icy cold facecloths and iced water.
This is a smaller hotel, and I think most or all of the rooms face over the inner courtyard swimming pool, which made it feel very intimate and secluded from the heat and noise outside. Guess our room must have been very quiet, because we slept really well!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank PaulineandTom
luyenluu, General Manager at Nhi Nhi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2016

Dear PaulineandTom,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Nhi Nhi Hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that your positive experience began with the design of the hotel and continued on our service.

We take immense pride in our efforts to make the stay of our guests as relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable as possible. This is the reason we give personal attention from start to finish of our guests stay, so we can guide our services to each and every guest's own preferences. We certainly do pride ourselves on ensuring our guests are well taken care of when they stay with us, and it is so rewarding to receive this recognition

Kindest Regards!

Nhi Nhi Team

Reviewed September 16, 2016

I read plenty of reviews about this place before booking it - and the main reason I chose it was due to the countless amounts of praise for the friendliness and genuine kindness of the staff. And its all true! And it made all the difference.

Arriving super late .. after midnight (flight delayed) - we walked in to the lobby where the manager (Tuay? not sure if that's how you spell her name..)and another guy were asleep in their pyjamas waiting for us. They got up, greeted us and Tuay offered us our welcome drink and was super welcoming and friendly even though it was so late! She was super wonderful.

The place was so beautiful, quaint, authentic and clean. I was travelling with a friend, and Tuay was so happy to inform us that we got one of the rooms on upper level with balcony. We walked into a beautiful charming room with lovely swans on our bed (clearly meant for couples...) with rose petals on the bed. Blush.

The hotel is just WALKING DISTANCE from town attractions. 5 minutes tops. Only thing I would say is...if you're arriving to Danang early maybe organise your own airport transfer when you arrive. The hotel charges $20US for one-way transfer and you can get cheaper transfers from transport agencies. However if you are arriving Danang late night - it is worth it to book transfer to hotel (as we didn't see many taxis or transport agencies when we arrived) so we were grateful arriving and seeing our driver waiting for us. We did organise transfer to airport externally (walked into a travel agent booth) and got it for $10US :)

This hotel I can't praise it enough. and its all owed to the staff and how friendly, kind and helpful they all are! If you're after fancy, high-class, super modern hotel - then this place is not for you. If you're after local, charming, authentic and a lovely casual atmosphere - then look no further!

Oh. And yes it has HOT, STRONG showers :)

Hoi An as a place to visit is absolutely divine. Definitely try one of their local dish BANH MI (pork roll with chilli, cost $20 000 dong) . Amazingly yum.

Thank you to Tuay and all the lovely staff at NHI NHI hotel.. we had a great time. You all rock!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Valerie A
luyenluu, General Manager at Nhi Nhi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear Valerie A,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

We are thrilled you had a memorable experience.It pleases me very much that you found our service provided by all staff to be outstanding, I will be sure to share these fantastic comments with the whole of the team especially Thuy who will be happy to receive it.We put a lot of time, effort and resources into ensuring our team give only the very best, personalized service at all times – it is a joy to read that you found the whole team to give an outstanding service, whilst being courteous, warm and welcoming too.

Should your travels bring you back to Hoi An, we hope to welcome you back to Nhi Nhi hotel.

Best wishes,
Nhi Nhi Hotel team

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Spent a very pleasant five days here while exploring Hoi An and the nearby countryside. Lovely helpful staff who greeted us from our daily trips with a very welcome cold flannel and ice cold water. Helped arrange some of our tours. Genuinely easy walking distance of the old town past a local market; room great and always well-cooled. Not the biggest and the flashest but you wouldn't be looking here if that was your thing. A nice smaller hotel with a comfortable feel to it. We would stay again very happily and probably will.
Malcolm & Barbara NZ

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mik S

Dear kairosmik,

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your post on Trip Advisor. We certainly appreciate your detailed comments.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and we did not disappoint on the service you received from our colleagues. In particular it thrills me to learn that you received unbelievably attentive service from staff . We pride ourselves on our personal service along with genuine interest and care for our guests.

I have shared your comments with the relevant Departments for their review.

We look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back again for another memorable visit.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

This was a great stay! Some parts of the hotel looks outdated but it looks as if they are renovating it a little at a time. The room was really cute with a balcony that overlooked the pool. The balconies were very nicely decorated. The room came with some free water and as many places it came with free toothbrushes, soap, combs, sewing kits. They had towel origami on the bed to welcome you. The room had a tub/shower combo which is nice because not every place did in Vietnam. Breakfast was adequate and delicious. What made this stay outstanding was the staff!! From the second I walked in, I was felt very welcomed. They had a tv screen at the receptionist that said Welcome with my name and the names of others staying at the hotel. They gave me a welcome drink when I arrived which was delicious juice. They went over the area and gave me some recommendations for sites and custom tailoring (which I recommend getting it done in Hoi An of all places). Every time I returned back to the hotel they gave me a cold facecloth and cold water which was very nice considering it was VERY hot this time of year. When I was waiting for breakfast, one of the ladies came and talked to me and asked if I was okay because I got up late. I said I didn't feel good because I think I ate something bad and she brought me out ginger tea to help my stomach. I just felt the staff were very helpful and accommodating in every way. The hotel was walking distance to everything if you don't mind walking 10-30 minutes, however, there's really nothing much outside the hotel itself. The beach you need to at least take a bike which you could rent from the hotel. I heard other hotels offer you to use the bikes for free. And, tip: check the uv index and bring sunscreen! I was at the beach for less than an hour with a uv index of extreme (where you shouldn't be outside) and I was fried. I highly recommend the cooking class tour they suggest in brochures to you! Amazing food and they were funny! It was a great time (TIP: afternoon classes are typically less packed). I got their car service to and from the airport. It was kind of expensive. I'm not sure if you could get it cheaper if you were to take a taxi but you probably could. I liked peace of mind knowing I was all set and that I didn't have to haggle for a price. The only thing I'd say I didn't care for is that they don't have safes in the room. They could lock stuff up at the front desk for you which I did not feel comfortable doing. But that's it. I would stay there again and recommend it for a cheaper budget.

Room tip: no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage, try to get the first floor
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank lullabystar

Dear lullabystar,

Greetings from sunshine Hoi An !

I am thrilled to read of what a great time you had staying with us recently and would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you for your review. I am delighted you left with such fond memories and shared your experience with other travelers. Making every guest’s stay perfect is our ultimate aim and to receive these kind of reviews and feedback mean a lot to us.

It was a huge pleasure to have you staying with us and your compliments are very much appreciated. Our staffs are thrilled to read that they made such a positive impact on your stay.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and I rather hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Nhi Nhi Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2016

For a three-star hotel, I received five-star service. The hotel is located very central for shopping and recreational purposes. The staff was very friendly and accommodating with smiles on their faces. The room was spacious and spotless. A big plus was that the swimming pool helped keep us cool due to the hot Vietnam weather.
What's more to say? I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the city of Hoi an.

Room tip: Rooms at the back are less noisey.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank trevorziervogel

Dear trevorziervogel,

It was such a pleasure to have you and your mother staying with us and a pleasure to take care of you. Thank you so very much for taking the time to review Nhi Nhi Hotel on TripAdvisor. It means so very much to us and we appreciate it greatly. Nhi Nhi Hotel is rather a special place and we are privileged to receive lovely guests like yourselves and to have the team the we employ.

I am also happy to read that you found my team made your visit to Hoi An that bit more special.

I am thrilled you received five-star service here and the entire experience was a positive and comfortable one.

Please do come and stay again soon and remember Nhi Nhi Hotel as your Hoi An home.

Warm regards,