“Very friendly staff, lovely place close to city centre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thien Thanh Boutique Hotel

Thien Thanh Boutique Hotel
Ranked #73 of 122 Hotels in Hoi An
“Very friendly staff, lovely place close to city centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very nice hotel, close to city centre 5 minutes walk.
Room was spacious and clean. Small balcony overlooking the garden at the back.
Staff very friendly, always offered to help if needed. Western and Asian breakfast available, both very good.
Stayed for 4 nights, very pleasant hotel, close to all famous city sights.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

On a first time visit to Hoi An I stayed at the Thien Thanh Hotel. I was a walk in from the streets and staff were very sweet and accommodating. They were also willing to negotiate a price for my stay -- the less $$ the longer I could stay.

My room was a simple one and really all I needed -- it was organized and in clean order, however upon my arrival it looked as if no one had occupied it in awhile. It was dusty and needed some freshening up. I didn't have breakfast or use the pool, but the ambience of the hotel was nice and relaxing. I would have stayed even longer if I could have had a less $ deal!

I would stay here again at my next visit -- if Im so lucky. Its a short distance to Historic City and the bustling town and great restaurants.

Room Tip: A floor on the first two levels up would be best for someone who doesnt want to climb stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The facilities here are very nice, our room was beautiful.
Before flying into Hoi An my husband called to confirm our reservation, they lost the reservation initially then called back saying it was all confirmed. Upon arrival they told us they had over booked and that they were going to take us to their sister hotel for the night then we could come back the next night. We were not impressed as we had friends staying at the hotel we wanted to be with and who wants to move around hotels every night. My husband was firm that they confirmed our reservation so to sort it out because we were staying there. Very quickly they came back and handed us the key to our room, everything sorted. After that we had no issues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very nice find only a 5 minute walk from the center of town. The breakfast buffet has many options and is in a very nice setting overlooking a field out back. Just be aware that some of the rooms in the center of the hotel (as is the case in many hotels in Vietnam) essentially have no window which I was not aware of until I got there (might have been in the fine print in Orbitz and I just missed it) so it is probably worthwhile to spend a little more to get a room with a view. Good internet access, laundry service.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Been traveling through Vietnam and hitting high and low priced hotels. This hit all that we wanted in Hoi An - relatively cheap ($55/night for a deluxe room includes nice breakfast), right in town and most importantly clean. Based on my other stays in Hoi An, I think it was a bit expensive for what it was. AC kept cutting in and out and service level was poor given that this wasn't priced like a hostel. The big pos is that the bathroom is clean and very nice and the room/beds were great. Hotel was empty while we were there. If you want to spend $20-30/night to upgrade from the budget end of the hotel spectrum, this will suit you fine. If not, Thien Nga is cheaper, closer to town and not terrible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Dates of stay: May 6-8

Great attention to detail at this lovely boutique hotel. The room was on the small side, but worked fine, and it was nice that they provided free bottled water in the room. The buffet breakfast was very delicious -- best fresh mango I had on the whole trip. The staff is attentive with great memory....on our second morning, staff attending the breakfast area remembered from the previous morning that I needed salt and pepper with my fried eggs. They were able to extend our stay an additional night without problem, and also helped book a car with driver for the three of us for a day's outing to Hue.

Distance from the Old Town, where most of the shopping and dining is, was just a bit farther than I would have preferred, but this was noticeable only because it was extremely hot and humid when we were there. However, this was already halfway into our trip to Vietnam, so I was somewhat used to the heat and sweating already.

Don't miss Hoi An if you're going to Vietnam, and when you make it there I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Not leaving the window(s) open may help keep mosquitoes and other bugs out.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had four days here. The hotel is very pretty, our room was quite luxurious compared to some bland rooms we had stayed in previously, with a little balcony overlooking the 'garden' which was fields of morning glory. Breakfast was very good, good choice plus omelettes and pancakes. Lots of fresh fruit. Being able to sit out in the open under the trees and umbrellas was great. It was my birthday when I was there so the hotel gave me a lovely bouquet of roses and a beautiful home made birthday cake at breakfast! Lovely touch. The pool was good too. Location was very good, just a little outside hoi an but at max a 10 min walk to get there. And it was better as it was very quiet. Cycle hire Immediately next door to cycle to the beach. We would defo go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in 301, at the back, overlooking the garden. Lovely quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple