“Terrific Stay”

Ranked #86 of 141 Hotels in Hoi An
Perth, Western Australia
“Terrific Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

This was our second time at this hotel, very enjoyable stay. Staff very friendly, room comfortable, nice swimming pool to cool off in. Pretty and quaint hotel, much with the feel of Hoi An. Nice breakfast, recommend ordering the Pho or omelette cooked fresh for you, highly recommend staying here.
When booking, ask them to organise transport from Danang airport, cost approx $14US, great to walk out and see someone waiting for you, saves the hassle.
Email direct to them to organise hotel and transport, they are very good with understanding. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms give a nice viw from balcony. No lift, so if stairs a problem ask for second floor or...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We just flew home from our third trip to Vietnam, and our third stay with Thien Thanh Hotel. This time we stayed for an entire week-and had a difficult time leaving. A waterfall is in the middle of the hotel and trickles into a koi pond, and the deck is set with classic wicker furniture and white linens. The breakfast is fantastic, eggs cooked to order, banana pancakes to fresh baguettes and fruit-they have it all. The deck overlooks beautiful water spinach fields with flowers everywhere. The infinity pool is covered and stays cool all day, much needed in the afternoon to beat the heat. Our room was decorated with fresh flowers, and special touches such as a sewing kit and toothbrushes.
As much as that is all wonderful it is the staff at Thien Thanh that makes this our favorite place. They care about your stay, will do anything they can to help, from booking a tour to giving directions or advice. Free internet, a selection of books and magazines, and always someone to make your stay comfortable.
This hotel is on a quiet street, just a short walk which is perfect as the town can get loud in the evening.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

After a number of nights at major chain hotels in Thailand and Vietnam it was a treat to be staying at Thien Thanh. From our first call to book the room, to arranging a car to pick us up a Danang airport it was a pleasure to find this charming small hotel. The desk staff were always smiling and ready to help with any of our tour plans and even booked our flight departing to Ho Chi Ming only to ask for payment when we checked out. The complimentary breakfast on the deck overlooking the spinach fields was a get photo op and the food was plentiful and a great way to start our day. The room were very comfortable, we had a room with a balcony, and the swimming pool was great relief after a day of sightseeing in the Hoi An sun and humidity. They arranged a bicycle tour with "Heaven and Earth" this was one of our highlights of our 2 week vacation. We highly recommend this tour if you go to Hoi An. Great english speaking guides and a real glimpse into the rural life of Vietnam.

Room Tip: Any room that faces the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lneukum
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

The Thien Thanh is a lovely little hotel about 10 minutes walk from the historic centre of Hoi An. We had a room at the front with a view over the street - it is probably worth forking out a little extra for a quieter room at the back which looks over fields. The rooms were quite basic but pleasantly decorated. The swimming pool is small but this isn't a problem if you have it to yourself. There is no lift but staff are on hand to carry bags. There wasn't an enormous choice at the included breakfast but the cooked to order banana pancakes were so delicious this really wasn't a problem! Probably the best thing about this hotel (after the price) was the staff, unfailingly helpful and smiling.

Room Tip: go for a room at the back
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

Great Hotel! Nice room with balcony, beautiful breakfasts on the deck, we had a very quiet and serene room. The hotel staff were warm,accommodating and very friendly to our 16month old, was the best hotel we stayed at in Vietnam, fantastic boutique Hotel, already organized parents to stay there later in the year.

• Stayed March 2011
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean. Not in the centre of town but very short walk. Breakfast is served over the most serene green fields. The breakfast spread is huge and the best we had on our month long trip! The most wonderful crusty bread, and eggs and pancakes cooked to order.

We got in very late due to a delayed flight but their driver was waiting for us and they actually had to get out of bed to let us in, but all with a smile. Very grateful.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

Having read and compared the reviews for Hoi An, I picked this one out, as it was also recommended by my guide book. I didn't make a reservation in advance, just turned up when I arrived after a long bus-ride from Hue. They showed me 2 rooms, with and without views. I picked the one without the view for $45 as I could see the view at breakfast time.

I had a great time there, breakfast had a whole range of things to eat, I loved the banana pancakes which were delish as was the fresh fruit. I took advantage of the swimming pool which was lovely at the end of a long sticky day out. Though I did feel self conscious as it's on the ground floor and people from the street can stare at you.

The room itself was clean, made me smile to have petals and towel swans on my bed. The girl on the evening shift in reception was sweet, she organised my tour to My Son and wanted me to stay longer but I could only afford 2 nights there.

The only negative experience I had was when I paid $100 for my bill and then the other receptionist said that I didn't give her the money! I took out all the cash from my purse and she could see, it was definitely not in my purse! So she had another look around the reception area and it was in the drawer! She gave me such a shock as I wasn't sure if she was trying to scam money out of me and it left a sour taste in my mouth for the stress of what should have been a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: I checked out the rooms before I committed