WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #101 of 135 Hotels in Hoi An
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“beautiful ancients rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nice staffs and friendly, best buffet breakfast. Rooms and the hotel are in ancients architects. Wood furniture, modern toiletries. I love the pictures on the wall. I love this hotel very much. Thank for the hotel. 500m to the beach

2 Thank Cheryl V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Indochine for 6 nights. We'd initially only booked 2 nights as experience has taught us booking sites and some reviews can be pretty misleading. We were very impressed. For a 3 star hotel at the discounted rate it has to be said they gone some lengths to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay. Their breakfast menu is vast and very nice. The rooms are lovely; clean, comfortable and cosy. Very good cleaning service should be added. Nice pool with a garden bar as well. If you would like the benefit of a 10 minute walk to the beach then location is great, it's still only a 5 min taxi ride into Old Town, a cycle ride wouldn't take much longer. There are a few things I'd advise them to consider though. Upon enquiring if our room was available for another 4 nights we were told it was but their quote was more than double than through Agoda. I've never experienced a hotel who's not matched travel websites so was quite surprised when we were told we'd have to book it ourselves, I guess not a big deal really, just strange. In hindsight I think they should make sure what their guests might like to do, there was a few quick questions but was told they didn't offer a trip to My Lai for example, although I later noticed a board stating they were (but way overpriced, I have lived in Vietnam for a year now so maybe am more aware of 'going rates') The restaurant boosted a broad selection of Western and Asian cuisine. It was only Asian. I have to say the prices v quality of dishes at the hotel restaurant was pretty steep. They boost a 'Windy Lounge' bar (garden bar by pool). Which was very cosy and pretty, but it was hardly a bar. That would require a selection of drinks and snacks (they sell no snacks such as crisps, peanuts or chocolates whatsoever). It's not the same when you go up to the 'bar' for them to call up to the restaurant to get the order down. Again, not a big deal perhaps, but it's a principle of advertising what you got, not what you can botch together. Only an hour before departure did I realise they in fact had a jacuzzi. Now, that's probably partly down to me not noticing. At the same time, surely that's a bonus to point out to your guests. We intended to use their phone service a couple of times (you'd think that was ok as there were phones in the room as well as rates) however, you can't. You'd have to stand in reception to make what could be a private conversation. Not sure if it applies to all of Hoi An area, but internet was seriously slow and kept cutting off, which yes was frustrating.
All that said, we would definitely stay here again. Staff was super friendly and you felt looked after. Due to it's size and location it seemed popular with coach holidays stopping for a night or two. I'd give it 8.5 out of 10 (bearing in mind star rating and price).

Hue, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We booked the hotel via another hotel in Hanoi. They recommended three different hotels and when we asked in which one they would stay they told us Indochine Hotel.
After we booked it we read the reviews on tripadvisor - ok next time we will change the order. So we arrived in a somehow biased mood.
We had our first two tailor recommendations ("if you want to buy some clothes I know a very good tailor...") before we had seen the rooms. The room was ok.
Part of the staff was very friendly but the cleaning staff was always loud. We would suggest a common training for the staff.
We left our room usually at 9 a.m. and came back from the beach at around 1:30 p.m.. The second day the room was as we left it. We had to tell them that we were on holidays and would like to use the room in the hottest time during the day. After this the room was cleaned every day in the time we were out. The breakfast was soso: I could eat the soup, eggs and fruits. The rest I didn't like.
The shuttle service to Hoi An was ok. The beach is around a 700 meters walk.
Because we stayed there for a week we were invited to a dinner and this was rather ridiculous: they offered two set menues but we had to take the same one. The starter of one menue was sold out so we had to take that menue where they still had the starter. The menue was not good at all. The fruits were cut with a knife they must have used before to cut onions.
The most positive things are that the hotel is a really beautifull building garden and swimming pool are nice and the beach is nearby.
Three stars are definitly overrated.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

worldwide Brits
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

OK, so this review is going to be a bit different from the others. When we arrived by taxi (having been treated to the lost taxi driver - helpful passer by who happens to have a tailors shop routine) we were shown to our rooms. We had the rooms which overlooked the pool and sat behind the huge Indochine sign at the front of the hotel - this was a huge balcony.

The staff were very helpful, the room was clean and very modern. The bathroom was good and quite spacious. The bed and bedding were very clean. The pool was great too.

We ate only once at the hotel and that was a snack of noodles so I cannot say anything about the breakfast.

The hotel was very busy with Vietnamese and Chinese guests at times but the pool was generally quiet.

As a measure of the good service we received, one of our party left some clothing behind by mistake. We emailed the hotel who sent the clothing to our next destination (Nha Trang) and it was there the day after. And free of charge. There is also a free shuttle service into Hoi An and back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have done a lot of travelling thru many Asian countries and stayed in many many hotels, but I have never experienced such disgusting service as I have at the Indochine Hotel. The first problem we encountered was that we were not picked up at the airport even though we had booked our transport and confirmed it by phone to the staff at the hotel. Many excuses were given like we had not given our flight details and we had not confirmed our arrival time and date.
NOT TRUE. We rang the hotel 5 days prior to our arrival with details of our arrival. When we complained to the desk staff we negotiated to have our return transfer to the airport free of charge.
BREAKFAST: We had paide for our breakfasts in advance so we went up to the breakfast room
to find the worst display of stale, dried out food I have ever seen. Not only did it look stale, but
it was infested by ants. When we pointed it out to the staff they only then made attempls to rectify the problem. Needless to say there was no one dining there for breakfast. To be honest I dont believe I saw anyone eating breakfast for the entire time we stayed there (4 day).
When we complained to the desk staff about the poor state of the breakfast they offered us a free dinner about 24 hours later. We decided to take up this offer and we asked for the menu, we were advised that we could only order from a couple of dishes which were spicy chicken noodles..... As we were not feeling too well, we asked for toasted sandwiches (ham, cheese and tomato) and some french fries. We received some toast 4 x slices of cheese, some grilled tomatoes and a plate of french fries.
When it came time to leave, they wanted to charge us for the return trip to the airport. When we reminded them that they had offered this trip back as compensation for having left us stranded at the airport, the girl on the desk told us that the "free" dinner was given to us for their mistake for not picking us up. Well needless to say we vehemently objected to this. The free meal was for the bad breakfast we had paid for but were unable to eat because the food had salmonella written all over it. An argument ensued. We asked to speak to the hotel manager, but were advised that he had left the hotel. Needless to say we saw him walking thru the lobby when one of my friends said "Excuse me sir may I have a word with you". To our amazement the manager just walked righ past us, ignoring us completely and walked into his office a closed the door. When my friend walked into his office, he refused to discuss anything with her but sat behind his
desk mocking her. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Do I need to mention the leaking shower.
Or the fact that staff required us to go down to them to repeatedly pick things as they would not deliver to the room. Or the fact that they got annoyed that we did not order clothing from tailors they had recommended. One look at the clothing on display would put you off from ordering anything.
Overall, the stay at the Indochine Hotel Hoian was very very disappointing and I would not recommend anyone to stay there. The attitude of the Management and their staff was simplay appalling.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Katherine D
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

What can I say, I have travelled extensively all over Asia, this is the worst hotel ive ever stayed in.
Our stay started badly and ended worse.
We were left stranded at the airport.. no apologies, nothing. Supposedly our fault for not providing the information, even though we had rung the previous week to confirm.
Our room was not what we originally asked for.
Breakfast was a nightmare... ants crawling all over the sugar and the bread... we walked in and straight back out.
They offered us a free dinner as instead and we refused. when we finally took up their offer all we wanted were toasted sandwiches. Surely that couldn't go wrong. It did.
Any communication and we had to go down to the front desk, we couldn't even make a phone call from our room.
Room were not serviced every day.
The staff kept walking in and out of our room uninvited.
At our departure we were presented with an inflated account for transfers and our dinner of toast and cheese.
As you can imagine we were quite upset.. we asked to see the manager..he wouldnt come out of his office and left the staff at the front desk to deal with the situation. Which made us even angrier. We opted to pay for the transfer from the airport.. just to get out of there. The manager had been watching the situation from sidelines, but still refused to talk to us. I approached him in his office he walked out past me, smirked and still he remained mute.
We left extremely unhappy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Effieeem
Lymington UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I think the title says it all, we stayed here for two nights booked and paid for in advance through Expedia costing £24 b&b per night and never saw a single guest. It reminded me of the Bates Motel except mother was not upstairs! Our room was sold as a deluxe river view room, if this was a deluxe god only knows what the standard rooms were like. The smell of damp was almost over powering. A taxi into town costs about £3, the hotel offers a free shuttle at specified times. Hoi An is a beautiful place to visit don't have this hotel as your lasting memory, you can stay in so much better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple