“Loved it! The best cooking school in Hoi An.”

My Grandma's Home Cooking
More attraction details
Owner description: Join My GrandMa Home Cooking School in Hoi An. I invite you in my small village far from the touristic spot. There you will learn the secrets of traditional Vietnamese cuisine. I will show you the herbs, spices and aromat. A unique experience of the vietnamese cullinary.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This cooking class was worth every cent. My friend and I had the best time, from the scenic boat ride to learning how rice is made by each process. We made great dishes which were fun to do. Everyone was so friendly and spoke very good English. I would recommend this to anyone.

All reviews
"cultural experience"
in 6 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited the cooking school just 3 weeks after it had started business. Thom was so knowledgable and open about anything and everything. Her English is perfect. Such a great evening with her and the crew! Would definitely recommend not eating before u go. So much food. I don't eat fish and that wasn't a problem - had tofu in the dish instead. They even give u the recipes of what u make on the day. I would definitely recommend to my friends and family!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I went on the home cooking tour whilst in Hoi An in January. From the very start of the day my guide was very kind and caring. She even brought along a raincoat for me. Throughout the day she shared stories of her family and life on Duy Vinh Island. We cooked a variety of dishes that were all delicious -(I would recommend that you have a very light breakfast if doing the morning tour as there was lots of food). Whilst on the island the weather changed and it became very cold with heavy rain and showing concern for me she borrowed a jacket from her uncle for me so that I would be comfortable on the boat journey home. I was very appreciative. I will enjoy using the recipe book that was provided and would highly recommend this tour if you are looking for something more interactive than sitting in a restaurant and watching.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided that we wanted to learn how to cook the food that we had been eating for the last two weeks so after being recommended by the hotel we were staying in we signed up for the market tour and cooking class. Our day started off with a short boat ride to the local market where we were introduced to everyday foods on offer and a few that were specially there for the Vietnamese New Year. We then climbed back aboard the boat for a half hour trip to the family home were we had an introduction to rural life. We learned how rice is cleaned from the husk then polished and milled in to rice milk used to make rice paper. We then learned how to make pork skewers, green papaya salad, Banh Xee, and tuna in a clay pot. This family run cooking school may teach you other seasonal delights but one thing for sure the young ladies running things are a delight to be with making this the best excursion that we have been on this trip. Well worth every Dong.