Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa
Anantara Hoi An Resort(Hoi An)
$191
$51
$160
$118
2,364 results
All reviewsgolden lotusmi casarocking chairsbeachfront bungalowshuttle busbeach bartennis courtsplenty of sunbedskids clublarge poolold townsun loungersstayed here for nightsshuttle servicevietnamese foodlaundry donegreat pool
Reviewed March 1, 2007

After reading the reviews I decided to go ahead and book at the Palm Garden. I was not dissapointed. The property and everything about it is wonderful. My only regret is that I did not spend more time here. I had a Deluxe Garden Room with a lovely view of the grounds. Sitting on my baloncy every morning with a cup of tea and watching the workers and visitors going about in this beautiful place was great. The breakfast in the morning was large and diverse to satisfy everyone's tastes. The pool and beaches were wonderful as well. Nothing but kudos to this place. The manager was even there at check out to thank me for my business.

I highly reccommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
8  Thank ronno1976
Reviewed February 25, 2007

The first room shown to us was damp and smelly. We refused it and were shown a very nice seafront bungalow with an outside bathroom. That is where we chose to stay and did not regret a moment of it.
The beach is full of oil spills, so be careful when you walk around. The waves were huge and there was a huge drop -- very unsafe to swim in. The swimming pool was not heated and few people went in it.
I recommend the bungalows and would advise anyone who books there to first look at the room before accepting it.
Good buffet breakfast and free internet.
Easy access to the city of Hoi An through a shuttle bus or taxis (same price).

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Annick9
Reviewed January 30, 2007

An excellent oasis just north of Hoi An on the beach. Preferable to staying in Hoi An. Service quality high without seeming fake. Friendly Filipino manager, Mr Arcilla, sets a relaxed tone but runs a tight ship.

Menu options could be more imaginative but many good restaurants in Hoi An (especially Brothers) a short ride away. Bedrooms well appointed, slightly underfurnished but very comfortable. Good beach options and tennis courts (but no decent players on staff)

Claims to be five star. Actually 4.5 but very good value.

Stayed: August 2006
6  Thank spencerusa
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Wonderful resort hotel. Moved from the Golden Sands (very disappointing hotel - shabby, impersonal and closed green pool for our entire stay)
Loved the Plam Garden - spotless pool - excellent breakfast and very friendly, helpful staff. Particualrly enjoyed the bale near our room where we could make a coffee and read a book in a lovely quiet spot :). Checked out the Victoria but decided Palm Garden is the winner at the beach in Hoi An - handy to local shops and restaurants too.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank MickiAustralia
Reviewed January 24, 2007

Although the general experience of Hoi An was very memorable unfortunately the resort was another matter.

I was shocked to find a cat on the balcony with a half dead mouse in its mouth on our first morning at the resort but I knew it could happen anywhere but when I found evidence of a little visitor in our room, on the bedhead, the next morning it was a different matter ....it did put a little bit of a dampner on our stay.

After that the room, although spectacular looking, never felt clean and I watched everday as something that was dropped under the desk was missed in the clean up and the petals fell from the flower arrangement without being cleaned up. We had 3 bungalows and the cleaning wasnt much better in the other 2

The restuarants were more like cafeterias and not once did we sit down to a table that was completely set, there was always something missing...not the occassional fork but whole settings and something always had to be found from another table. A 5 star resort needs a 5 star or at least 4 star restuarant especially in a town where there are so many great places to eat

We were so disappointed with most aspects of our stay. A 5 star resort shouldn't charge for tennis racquets and should at least supply balls that aren't sopping wet and deflated. Nor should there be nowhere to grab a quick bite to eat or a drink after a day or sightseeing and or shopping, two of the 5 food/ drink outlets were deserted (ie closed) for the whole 7 days that we were there (the coffee shop was being used for a storage area) and the bar wasn't open until the evening. Not quite what the website advertised!

I was shocked to learn that the resort was relatively new as it seemed a little tired as were the staff who were trying their best with so few guests (there couldn't have been more than 30% occupancy evident by our party of five often being the only ones in the restuarants)

We have stayed in 5 star resorts the world over and I didn't really see much that elevated this resort higher than a 4 star.

Our overall experience was one of disappointment and of sadness. The lovely staff at the resort are being let down by something greater than a language barrier and I hope that things improve.

Stayed: January 2007