We stayed for 9 nights at the Palm Garden Resort - mid Jan 2014. We arrived very early, about 8am, and expected to offload our luggage and return to check in at 2pm. Instead reception advised we could have breakfast there and they would have us checked-in with the hour. Fantastic, after sleepless night on the o/night train.
We had a great room and all staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The pool was large, relaxing and a great temperature. It was also so nice to have the beach right there in front of you, not having to cross roads or be hassled to buy anything. It has the best beach frontage of the resorts in our opinion.
The rooms are spacious (double deluxe), good beds, and the little daily news/ info sheet with chocolates is a nice touch. The rooms have great mood lighting but are a bit dark, especially at night when trying to read so maybe a dimmer light switch would be a good compromise. Unfortunately we had some noisy neighbours, and the sound of banging doors travelled right through our room. The free bottles of water were appreciated and everything was replenished each day with no inconvenience. A suggestion would be to have a couple of wine glasses in the room.
One of the nights we had happy hour drinks at the Contino Bar and ended up staying much longer than we planned. The band that was playing was really good especially the guitar player, his voice was exceptional. They played a wide variety of songs but classic hits that everyone knew so they could sing along and/or dance to. Each day we'd seen "Phillipino Band" listed on the daily news sheet - not expecting much more than some traditional music and then it dawned on us that this was the band we were listening to. Our suggestion would be to advertise it as either the house band playing classic hits or give them a funky name, as more people will go out of their way to see what they're about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on five hectares of landscaped tropical garden with over 400 species of palm trees and plants right along a 220-meter stretch of the famous Cua Dai, Palm Garden Beach Resort and Spa offers a touch of Hoi An's traditional architectural design combined with a taste of modern luxury and only 5 minutes by car from the UNESCO- recognized World Heritage Hoi An ancient town. The combination of nature and a unique architecture remarkable of the culture of Hoi An make a distinctive character for Palm Garden Beach Resort and Spa. Elegant accommodation comprises 216 wooden-designed rooms and beachfront bungalows. Spacious guest rooms have been constructed from and furnished with natural materials, and all feature a private balcony and modern amenities. Resort facilities encompass a deluxe spa offering best products, a fitness centre complete with sauna, state of the art meeting facilities, water sports activities, a private beach, and a 969 square-metre outdoor pool surrounded by lush gardens. Guests are sure to enjoy the resort's selection of cuisine, ranging from traditional Vietnamese to international specialties at restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Palm Garden Beach Hotel Hoi An
- Palm Garden Hotel
- Palm Garden Hoi An