“Absolutely beautiful”

Ranked #61 of 141 Hotels in Hoi An
Perth, Australia
“Absolutely beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We wanted a quiet relaxing interlude and it is what we got. It was perfect. If you wanted to hang around the resort you could and be treated like kings. Great food and wonderful service. Fantastic energiser fruit juice served by the pool or something alcoholic if you wish. Great pool. Good enough to do laps but you need to be up early to do so. There are some restaurants located over the road which range from adequate to good if you do not want to head into town (a $5 taxi ride). Also a girl in the tailor who will do laundry for $1 per kg plus a little more if you want ironing done also. The town is fantastic and you are spoilt for choice with food. Wonderful place. Can highly recommend Tina Designs for tailoring, 09 Vietnam for hand made shoes. There is also a Friends restaurant that is set up to provide work experience for street kids. Good food and service. Loved Hoi An and Loved Palm Garden Resort.

Room Tip: This hotel does a turn down service so if you are resting in your room in the afternoon put up your...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flickymicky
eampgr, General Manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear flickymicky,

Greetings from Palm Garden Resort & Spa.

Thank you for your kind words you have sent. We are very much delighted to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and stay with us. I will definitely share this to our team as it motivates and inspires us to further enhance more on our level of service.

We hope and look forward to welcome you once again on your future trip in Vietnam.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on your most convenient time should you be in need of further assistance.

gm@pgr.com.vn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Although we booked this trip through a travel agent, we were assured this was 5 star, this was not 5 star. 4 star maximum. The pool and beach location was great and it was central to Da Nang and Hoi An, and the breakfast buffet had a wide range to choose from. However my husband and I decided to have a treatment in the Day spa, it was the most terrible treatment I have ever received.As soon as we arrived we were rushed into the male and female change rooms and then watched whilst we got dressed, my husband and I were in seperate rooms which was good as we were having different treatments, my husbands massage was average, 3 times the therapist was interrupted and talking to other colleagues, the massage was meant to be 60 minute with a 10 head massage, and it was only 55 mins, my treatment was terrible I had a wrap with a full exfoliation, the treatment room was freezing and never once asked if I was ok, I had to say I'm freezing, whilst the wrap was on the therapist left the room and the came back to give me a scalp massage that was half with one hand because she was playing with her own hair. Once the time was up she hurried me to the shower then as soon as I came out, still standing up she applied a body cream all over standing up in the women's change room, normally they would take you back to the treatment room, the body cream was off as it had a horrible old smell, after that I had a shampoo and blowdry that I had to walk out of half way as the hairdresser got my hair into a huge knot. Worst experience in a day spa yet! We should have just had a local massage down the road like our friends for quarter of the price if that!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Niquey2013
eampgr, General Manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Niquey2013,

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest sympathy on the experience you had in our spa. Anyone in your shoes would have felt the same. I would definitely look into this and ensure to apply immediate action. We would not allow this to hinder on our services as the resort's aim is to provide quality service to everyone. Rest assured that this will be rectified and never to be repeated.

We hope that you can be able to reconsider on staying with us once again on your future trip in Vietnam as I will personally ensure that you will be taken care of throughout your stay.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

When we first arrived at this resort, we were quite gobsmacked - this is an impressive place at $130 AUD a night (note: we tend to stay in mid-range accommodation). We arrived early so we headed to the pool until we could check in. When I set eyes upon the pool, I just couldn't believe my luck - a beautiful pool in an amazing setting in front of the private beach (which is also really beautiful). The grounds at this hotel were simply outstanding. The rooms were nice too (although just as nice as the rooms we stayed in for cheaper in other places in Vietnam and perhaps even less personal). I felt that we didn't take full advantage of this hotel as we only had two nights; it was so hot (we got sunburnt despite our layers of sun protection) and so we only went to the pool twice. Some of the other people staying here seemed a bit snooty compared to the other places we stayed, but I guess that's to be expected at a fancy hotel. The staff here seemed nice, although perhaps not as friendly as some of the other places. These really are very minor issues as overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Giggola,

Greetings from Palm garden Resort & Spa.

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

On behalf of the management and staff, we thank you for your comments. Rest assured that I will be looking into this and ensure to take immediate action. By this, it gives us the opportunity to further enhance the level of service we provide.

We hope you can consider us once again on your future trip in Vietnam and I will personally ensure that you will be taken care of throughout your stay.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us should you be in need of our assistance.

Palm garden resort & Spa
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My partner and I visited Vietnam May 13 and spent a really relaxing 10 days at palm garden resort. The staff could not do enough for us, so very polite, respectful and helpful. Breakfast had a good choice. Life Guards were a nice bunch of lads. Beautiful gardens, spacious rooms. Would definitely go back again. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Angela W,

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comment and very much delighted to know that you have enjoyed your 10 day stay with us. I will definitely share this to everyone as this inspires us to further enhance our level of service.

We are looking forward on welcoming you once again on your future visit. We will always be here as your second home in Vietnam.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We found a good deal for this hotel on Agoda.com. We booked a garden view room as this was all that seemed to be available through the website, but then upgraded to a beach front room when we arrived. The garden view room was okay, but we were very glad to have upgraded as our new room was 5 seconds from the pool on one side, and about 30 seconds from the sea on the other. The staff were friendly in general and helpful in changing the room.

The hotel is located on the beach area outside of Hoi An, and it took about 15-20 minute cab ride to get into the city. I’m very glad we chose to stay here because the beach was the nicest we saw during our time in Vietnam – beautiful sand and clean water. The sunrise at 4am was one of the most amazing things I have seen.

The breakfast buffet was very good and the room service we ordered was good too. Just outside of the resort, across the main road were a set of about 4 local restaurants. We went to the Golden Lotus and this was a truly excellent restaurant for simple Vietnamese food. The price here was about half that in the hotel, or less, so it is a good alternative if you are staying in the hotel for a few days and don’t want to eat in the hotel itself, or Hoi An town each day.

The gym facilities in the hotel were good and there were tennis courts too. The swimming pool was huge and very nice. There were plenty of loungers on the beach, and hammocks dotted around the pool and beach which were perfect for relaxing.

Overall, I had a really relaxing stay in this hotel – the beach front room was a perfect location close to the sea and pool. Hoi An town is only a short cab ride away so if you like the beach then I would recommend staying here and just visiting the town when you feel like it, as we did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gavin F
Dear Gavin F,

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comment and delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to deliver quality service to everyone. With this, it inspires us more to further enhance our level of service.

We are looking forward on welcoming you once again on your future visit. We will always be here as your second home here in Vietnam.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us should you be in need of further assistance.

Palm Garden resort & Spa
Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I participated my friends wedding there. I think it is the best place for a wedding, with white sandy beach named Cua Dai. It is so beautiful and truly "you own paradise" as its slogan. Its location is so great,near the ancient city of Hoi An, and Cua Dai Beach; you can easily take a tour to these places. I bet that my friends had the best memory in their life there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
eampgr, General Manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Mervyn C,

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comment. Our aim is to provide the best quality service. And with your comment inspires us to further enhance our level of service.

We are looking forward on welcoming you once again on your future trip. We will always be here as your second home in Vietnam.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us should we be of further assistance.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This was a lovely hotel. Good beach location, well kept. Good shuttle service to and from Hoi An. Staff very polite & helpful. Comfortable beds :-) My only fault would be the food. It was good, but in my opinion not upto a 5 star standard. Limited breakfast choices.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear LynnWindell,

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

On behalf of the management and staff, we thank you for your comment regarding the food and breakfast. Please be advised that our Executive Chef and myself is currently looking into it and will ensure to rectify and take immediate action. Our aim is to provide a high standard of quality. With your comments, it inspires us more to further enhance our level of service.

We look forward on welcoming you once again on your future trip in Vietnam.