Areca Homestay
Anantara Hoi An Resort(Hoi An)
$181
$47
$122
$107
Priceline
All reviewshome stayminute walklovely familyair conold townlaundry servicerent bikesthe ground floorthree nightsspent nightsfree bikeshomestaytvwifishowermidnightvietnam
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights here and really enjoyed it. The family that run it are friendly and helpful. We booked our tour to My Son through them and our taxi to the airport. The room was nice, clean had air con, TV and wifi. Also had a spacious ensuite. The shower was good. We used their laundry service which worked well. The location is great, a 10 min walk to the centre of Hoi An. If you're after budget friendly accommodation then this is it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I happened upon Areca by accident, as it is a bit hard to find. We were looking for an affordable hotel and looked at the worst one we could have, when a woman flagged us down and asked us to follow her. Usually I am a little wary about things like this, but we decided to hop on our bike and follow. We checked out the rooms in her homestay and they were absolutely gorgeous, big bathroom and bedrooms with lots of light. The breakfast menu is very limited but tasty and excellent value, I strongly recommend staying here. The family is beyond helpful with any needs you may have, prices for bus tickets did not seem to be any higher here than the rest of town and we got to Hue cheaply and comfortably with absolutely zero issues. We stayed here for 6 nights and had no issues, the only thing I would say is that if you are one who tends to stay out quite late the gates do lock at midnight so I am not sure if you would need to make prior arrangements for a situation like that. We had no problems as Hoi An tends to shut down pretty late. It is about a 10 minute walk from the city center but this was not a problem for us, it was nice and quiet and a bit of a walk never hurt anybody! The only complaint we had was that our shower would get nice and hot and then randomly get very cold, repeat, repeat, repeat. Plus shower did not drain all that well. Other than that, everything was great!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights, it's clean and feels homey. The people who run this home stay are so nice and really made our time in Hoi An. I can't say enough good things about Areca (Cay Cau), there was a slight damp feel to the room, but that may just be down to the fact that it was really humid when we went, but from what I saw they didn't have a damp problem, the beds were really comfy and the air conditioning worked like a dream.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Areca Homestay is a wonderful place!!! I stayed 3 nights and I feel totally satisfied. This homestay has a nice view,cheap prices, and wonderful hosts. They are friendly and helpful. It just takes about 10 minutes to walk to the downtown, and you also can eat many special Vietnamese foods near this homestay. I strongly recommend this homestay for everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2014

i booked 2 nights initially,ended up staying for 4.
Lovely room,felt very new,spotless with fresh towels and a clean every day.
7-10 minute walk to the centre of town and riverside so a little further away than some other places but quiet street and very quiet neighbours.
Would definately stay here again if i come back to Hoi An.

• Stayed: February 2014