2,501 results
All reviews the river riverside cafe split level old town river view suite sitting area short walk thu bon river beautiful hotel perfect location turn down service the general manager the hustle and bustle breakfast buffet rooms are spacious lovely pool pho
Reviewed January 4, 2015

We stayed for four nights over Christmas. We slept well in our garden facing room (not on the road side) and thought the design of the rooms, bathrooms especially, was very terrific use of space. The room itself was lovely - not huge, but certainly adequate and the restaurants and other spaces on the property were well thought out and showed off the river aspect well. Buffet breakfast was very good, staff attentive and delightful. They made it all look effortless. The organised functions for Christmas, however well intended, were overpriced. The Christmas Eve dinner lantern ceremony and canapes were lovely, as was the staff fashion parade of traditional costumes. But the buffet fell well short of its promise, and its price tag. This disinclined us to partake of other functions at the hotel which was a shame. We did raise this with management on checkout and they apologised, but they missed it on the night. We would return, but not at Christmas and New Year.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the road - our travelling companions were kept awake by street noise.
1  Thank RobynFordyce
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

Dear RobynFordyce

On behalf of the team and I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for bringing to our attention you’re comments regarding your recent stay via social media.

You seem to have captured the true essence of the Vietnamese people and our resort and I would like to take the opportunity to elaborate on your comments surrounding our X-mas eve event. I thank you for the acknowledgement of the lantern ceremony, canapé and the fashion parade of traditional costumes, you may also recall that the we included complimentary beverages, a substantial array of culinary offerings in three different locations including multiple live cooking stations, a five piece band during dinner and an after dinner DJ event in our main bar all included in the price.

During the event I also enjoyed a personal visit to your table that was shared with another valued couple and I further elaborating on the evening’s concept and I was delighted to be told that everything was satisfactory as well as receiving complimentary feedback about the evening and your stay.

Two days later on departure we had the opportunity to bid you farewell and at this time you did in fact bring to my attention your value for money comments about our Xmas evening event. I took the time to listen with the opportunity to always evolve our product and offerings from a guest prospective. I was genuinely saddened by your feedback considering your comments given to me on the night and everything that was included.

I did in fact apologize as you have noted above, what I find disappointing is the “extremely generous gesture” that was offered to you, and eagerly accepted has not been acknowledged in your review of the events that’s transpired.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our ability to ensure you enjoy a wonderful nights rest, the design of the rooms, bathrooms especially and our terrific use of space not forgetting the restaurants and well thought out other spaces on the property that showcased our river location, our very good breakfast buffet and the a attentive and delightful staff that made it all look effortless.

Wishing you future pleasant travel experiences

Reviewed January 3, 2015 via mobile

A beautiful hotel right in the centre of Hoi An & on the river. Walking distance to the market, shops, tailors, spas and restaurants. Easy bike ride to the beach & countryside. I highly recommend Mr Clean just outside the hotel for all your laundry needs; Morning Glory and Mango Room for dinner and Yaly if you are looking to have clothes tailored made. The Red Bridge Cafe cooking class was excellent as well as hugely enjoyable.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2015

Dear Petracca

Warm regards and Happy New Year from us all here at Anantara Hoi An Resort and thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Central Vietnam.

We are thrilled that your stay has resulted in so many amazing memories and thank you for taking the time to share them here on social media.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2015 via mobile

We arrived at the Anantara the evening of Christmas Eve and the hotel was decorated with lanterns and lights giving it a magical look. Following a painless check-in our family of 5 was escorted to our requested adjoining rooms. Rooms are beautiful by the way! Truly in theme with the area and so luxurious! And the location is EXCELLENT! After freshening up we walked to the open air Christmas Eve Gala which was incredible. Besides the delicious food, the true specialty was that the hotel had opened the kitchen to the guests so we could stroll through and see the chefs creating Vietnamese specialties and incredible desserts. What a unique surprise!! WOW!! I would go back to the Anantara in a heartbeat!

Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank ARPB

Dear ARPB

On behalf of the team and I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us here at Anantara Hoi An Resort over the festive season and thank you very much for your recommendation.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for taking the time to share so many wonderful experiences here on social media. We are also thrilled that you have had such a wonderful evening at our X-Mas dinner event and enjoyed the passion of the team and product that they prepared for you in our many locations.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future and thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and Happy New year.

Kind regards
Noel

Reviewed January 2, 2015

Stayed Dec.17-20,2014, booked through Expedia.ca. Great location just a few blocks from the markets, Ancient Town, and other sites. It was really nice to have breakfast and internet included. But for the price paid......the beds should have been better quality (sagging in the centres) and the bathroom flooded when the faucet was used (unfortunately took two attempts to get that fixed and cleaned). It was greatly appreciated that the staff attended to the flooding issue immediately, both times.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2015

Dear jpq2015

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us here in Anantara Hoi An resort on your visit to this amazing World Heritage site in Central Vietnam.

Thank you also for your recognition of our team’s service to your unfortunate faucet issue and I am sorry for this product failure and the fact that we did not resolve it satisfactorily the first time. As a team we will learn from this and ensure our normal high standards of Anantara are upheld.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our beds and we will certainly look further into this as they have are only recently been upgraded

Jpq2015 I sincerely apologize if you felt that aspects of your stay with us have not met with your expectations and I genuinely regret that we did not have the occasion to discuss this with you in person while you were on property. Please allow me to assure you I would have made every effort to ensure that these were addressed and you departed with the amazing memories that make Anantara Hoi An so special.

I would also like to thank you for taking your wonderful comments regarding our location, breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, the teams service.

Reviewed January 1, 2015

We stayed for 6 days over Christmas and so glad we stayed here (were going to stay at the beach). Check in was easy and informative, telling us of other restaurants, tailors etc that other guests rated. I started each morning at 7.30am with the free one hour yoga class looking out at the river. breakfast was in a cafe upstairs and by the time you got to the top of the stairs there was someone to greet you and show you to a table. They would always try to give you a table with river views if available. there were one sheet newspapers availbale for several countries.
We had a room on the 3rd level. If you like to sit outside your room and want privacy go for a room on teh 2nd or 3rd floor , not the ground floor. We looked over the garden and could also see the pool. The rooms tend to be in blocks of 4 from the stairwell, so we only had 2 rooms past ours, so very few people walking past our balcony. The rooms overlooking the pool may be a bit noisier if there are people playing in the pool. Its a short walk into the old town, but there are lots of restaurants, shops & spas within a couple of minutes walk. We would definitely stay here again

2  Thank nicky r

Dear nicky r

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us her at Anantara Hoi An Resort over the festive season of 2014 and we wish you am amazing year ahead for 2015.

We are delighted that you have had such a wonderful stay with us and that you would like to return again to this unique destination. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experiences here on social media.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon we hope.

Kind regards